Old 03-15-2009, 08:32 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Talking It Took 3 Months...

but I'm finally able to get back on my food plan!
I'm a total sugar addict and have been in a cycle of overeating & binging since Christmas.

Right before Christmas I was 15lbs lighter and losing weight.
Then along came the Holidays.... candy, cookies, pies, nut breads.....and there went my diet.

It took me 3 months to get my head back to where I wanted to eat sensibly again and not make a lunch out of a bag of cookies or chips.

I'm sure many of you can relate to wanting to lose weight but not being able to make it through a few days without going off your food plan & exercise program.

I've lost 5lbs. and I'm very encouraged.
Yippie!
The moral to the story is keeping on trying.
Pick yourself up and get back on the wagon no matter how many times it takes.

You can be sure next Christmas I'm going to stay out of the sweets no matter what.

Last edited by susiemartin; 03-15-2009 at 08:34 AM. Reason: typos
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:10 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Default Oh that darn sugar

I am the same way. Once I start, I have a difficult time stopping. Sugar is just so incredibly addicting to me. I am like an alcoholic with it, give me one bite, one taste and I automatically want/need/have to have MORE of it. The only solution for me - is to steer clear of it. In the beginning of my weight loss journey - completely and totally away from it. No ifs ands or buts.

I'm glad you're in a good "food space" again. You did it! You're back on plan and the scale is headed downward. May it continue to keep on doing so!!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:47 AM   #3  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

another addict here. and I really empathsize with Knowing you want to get back on plan and actually being able to do it. Well done on getting back and losing!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

A recoving sugar addict here also. I don't know how many times I have tried to lose weight only to have the draw of sugar pull me back down. I agree, unless you can really get your head into it, the staying on plan just will not work. This time I cut out all sugar (which I am supposed all the time because of some health related issues), aside from carob, if it has a sweet taste at all, it does not get eaten. Amazingly enough I haven't had a craving for anything sweet in four weeks. It does scare me sometimes because I just keep expecting the cravings to come back, but this time I think my body is ready to really do this.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:53 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Thanks for all the encouraging words
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:54 AM   #6  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

It really is hard to get back on track after losing your stride. I've been back in the groove for a couple of weeks now, but it took a long time to get it back on track.

Good job on your loss!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

glad to see you back on plan. I know how you feel, I've been fighting with my sweet tooth all week, arg!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:25 AM   #8  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I am so happy that you are beating this sugar demon down with a stick! Good job!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:29 PM   #9  
Keep on going!

S/C/G: 278.3/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

I had the hardest time always trying to lose weight cause of the sweets! .. im taking some supplements & eating a lot of protein which seems to be actually making a difference this time, and ive had next to no cravings for anything =) & if I do, its usually gone after a bit of sparkling flavored water

Last edited by alsten02; 03-15-2009 at 12:29 PM.
alsten02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 289/278.8/155

Height: 5'7"

I can so relate to you! Sugar is my destroyer when it comes to staying on plan!!
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:30 PM   #11  

Height: 5ft6'

I am a food addict for sure! i find it hard to go more than a few days without something greasy or sweet or just all around yummy. It's not to say that i am not satisfied with healthy food its just...something else all together.

I also find it hard to get back to it once I hit a road bump in my plan. I think you are right about keeping going and trying again. if you just keep at it and don't give up we'll all get there eventually.
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 280-->150

Height: 5'7"

Many congrats! Good for you, getting back in the saddle. You can do it!
Jo Kittibuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:42 AM   #13  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Yep, sugary carbs are my downfall. I've been off-track for a while and haven't found my way back yet. Congratulations for beating your sugar addiction and finding your groove!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:32 AM   #14  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Susie,
Congratulations on getting back on track. I don't know how many times I was on a good food plan and was derailed by Thanksgiving and Christmas. I felt like I should start my reply with "My name is Cheryl and I am a sugar addict." Last holiday season, I decided that, like rockingrobin, I had to skip the sugar. I made my own sugar-free treats and took to every holiday occasion that I attended.

I bet there are alot of us out there that are thrown by the holidays.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:19 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Wonderful!! So glad to hear that you are making your way back to healthy eating. It isn't easy when you fall of the wagon. Sometimes it takes a while...but, you did it. Yes, wonderful!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote