Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-14-2009, 03:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Cravings always worse just before TOTM

Does anyone else have this issue? My cravings during PMS, the week before TOTM starts, are almost uncontrollable. I've been journaling my food for 3 months now. I can manage pretty well binge free, so long as I stay away from sugar and refined carbs, for around 3 weeks of every month. But that last week before TOTM my cravings are out of control. Any weight i've lost during the rest of the month is regained during these binges.
I've started to take magnesium supplements.

Is there anything else I can do to help this?
Artemis__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:34 PM   #2  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I've noticed that my cravings are out of control if I don't take my birth control pills; otherwise, I'm fine. I see you're a beacher also...I've also noticed that cravings are worse when I don't eat totally on plan.

How's your food intake before the cravings start?

When I have cravings (they are usually carb and/or sugar laden), I try to eat SBD friendly "Snacks" that help cure the craving. One month, I had a really bad TOM craving for pizza. I cut up some tomato slices, covered them with mozzarella cheese and garlic, and ate those. It worked.

If you are craving chocolate/sugar, you could try the warm brownie recipe or something similar. Usually, when I'm craving chocolaty sinful dessert, I make this dessert called "peanut butter delight" - which is two tablespoons of all natural, crunchy peanut butter, topped with cocoa flavored cool whip light. It helps me get through TOM (or general) chocolate cravings also.

Good luck!
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

blame it on the hormones...yes, I get that way too!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:28 PM   #4  
ida

For me, eating food that is rich in iron, like spinach and broccoli, it usually takes care of the problem. I make this spinach soup, which is like, 100 calories for four servings and really filling, and eat it for breakfast. I can get you the recipe if you're interested (:
ida is offline   Reply With Quote