South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 07:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Last Weekend of Winter Chat!

Good Saturday morning!

I woke up with a splitting headache, so I'm nursing it with coffee. I'd better not be catching whatever Maggie had all week!

I don't have anything planned except for the usual grocery run and laundry. It's going to be wet, so I can't do anything outside. I'll probably get out my needlepoint and work on that for a while.

What's up for your weekend?
Old 03-14-2009, 07:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I slept past seven!!! WooOOOOO!! (It was 7:04!)

Good morning cottage! I made a mess with my coffee, but it tastes good anyways. Hope you are feeling better today. My DS is sitting next to me (he loves the smilies) with a fever and a headache. I hope HE feels better too!

For us: Well, obviously not painting and tearing things up, so I'm not sure what we'll do today. Limited now that DS has a fever too...I want him on that bus on Monday!

Have a great day!
Old 03-14-2009, 07:49 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sorry about the headache, Cottage. Anything to do with joining me for wine last night?

Looks like a semi-Spring day here with a lovely clear sunrise. It's pretty cold out there but we are to get above freezing today. The syrup makers will be happy. Maple sap only runs if the nights are below freezing and the days are above.

I am off to the historic village of Merrickville this morning for a funeral. I wish I could have lunch in one of the upscale restaurants but it'll be a Church hall sandwich and squares type "feast" instead. Give me strength! I hope it's a stand-up rather than a sit down affair because it makes it easier to avoid some stuff. I am thinking that Harry's post-funeral feast was much better - wine and pizza would be so much better!

I'm not sure what to do with the remains of my day but something outside may be on the list. I could spend an hour picking up big pine cones as me tree deposited quite a crop. It'd be a shame to be indoors if the day is warmish.

Have a lovely Saturday whatever you plan.

ETA: Good morning, Twynn. Glad your coffee tastes good anyhow - I confess I'm drinking instant today. I know you'd rather be organizing for your move but hope you and DS manage a good day anyhow.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:02 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Cottage- I sure hope that you are not coming down with what Maggie had. Hopefully it will go away.

Twynn- Same for you I hope DS feels better soon.

Ruth- I hope the day goes by quickly for you at the funeral/feast and then you can enjoy the rest of your day.

As for me usual- have friends coming to stay tomorrow so I need to cleaning and run and get more groceries other than that not much else- hopefully it will warm up a bit so I can do some outside stuff Last night took DD2 and DS to see Race to Witch Mountain it was not bad and they had 2 actors who portrayed the kids in the 1970s in the movie with small parts, didn't know they would be in the movie.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:17 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

We are going up to 50ºF tomorrow! Yippee! It's still very cold here but Disney was sleeping in the sun on the deck so Spring is definitely nearly here.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 48/45/20

Height: 5'2"

Cottage...hope you're feeling better soon so you can enjoy the day!

Twynne...hoper your little guy is feeling better soon too.

Ruth...I'll be keeping fingers crossed that the feast will be more than expected and something lovely as you share that time with others.

Pearl...good luck w/ the cleaning and shopping today, I know it's not easy for me with all my little helpers I always get much less done! And I loved seeing that movie when I was a kid, maybe I'll have to check out the new one.

Me...I'm a single parent today as DH is on a service project w/ our church. I'm spending my day cleaning, possibly planting some flowers that need planting, and then I actually get to go out tonight w/ friends for a b-day dinner celebration. Bought myself a new top and everything! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 03-14-2009, 11:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Just went on a 4 mile run....BEAUTIFUL day!! I didn't think I'd make it that far, so I'm proud of myself for doing it. Yeah!

I was just looking for an egg fu young recipe, and found this: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Green-C...gs/Detail.aspx
I thought it would be an interesting dish...esp. if you decrease the cheese, and add some tomatoes. Might have to try it!

Last edited by TwynnB; 03-14-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I just bought a flat of cheerful looking pansies and got them all settled in planters and hanging baskets out on the front porch. It's cloudy out, but it's not raining yet, and it felt so good and therapeutic (sp?) to be working the soil.

Twynne, I hope your DS feels better soon, and that you both have a good day. Congratulations on your run!

Ruth, Ha, ha, ha. I only had 1 glass of wine! I think the headache is due to sinuses. I took Advil, but can still feel it lingering. If the lunch is crappy at the funeral, treat yourself to a nice early supper at one of those posh restaurants! You're entitled to it after your trip over there!

Pearlrose, I hope you have a nice visit with your friends tomorrow!

Jenny, have fun planting flowers, and enjoy your night out!
Old 03-14-2009, 01:43 PM   #9  

While I'm grateful that I have a job, HP sent out another email to employees late yesterday. We already knew that starting with our next check we were going to have a permanent 5% cut but now they have decided to do an extra 10% for the month of April. I should be fine but 15% is a lot for many people. At least this one will exempt the lower paid employees but I expect a lot of people are going to be furious. I really hope it goes back up in May because just switching from married to single rate took a huge chunk out of my paycheck (but it is definitely worth it).

I did have a relaxing time last night. Brian was out until 10 and I watched my ER episode (so fun to see so many of the original actors) and read my book. So far today I have dropped Brian off with his Dad, gotten the tax stuff I needed from him, ran by my bank and the office, made several copies of my 42 page divorce decree, ran by the post office and the library and picked up some stuff at Lowes for my screen door. I'm hoping to work on taxes after lunch. I really want to know if I'm getting money back. Married filing separate in a community property state is not simple.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:23 PM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good afternoon Chicks. I was a little slow this morning than had to get my errands done

Cottage - I'm very envious of your flowers. It's still way too early for that here. Hope the headache is gone away. Maybe you didn't have enough wine?!

Twynn- Hope the little one is feeling better. on the run! I'm heading out for along walk soon. I think I'm done with the running even though I liked being able to do a little of it. I can't help thinking I was working on that right before my neck went nuts. Ah well, I would be walking in the nice weather anyway.

Ruth - Cottage is right (isn't she always!) - definitely treat yourself to a nice dinner while you're in town Your weather tomorrow sounds like ours. I can't wait!

Pearl, Jenny & Barb

Just a usual Saturday here - cooking, errands, laundry, bread making and a walk outside as a reward
Old 03-14-2009, 02:33 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Back from the funeral but still in my classy duds. I know if I go upstairs to change my bed will grab me for a nap.

The funeral was very beautiful and the music glorious. The "lunch" was fine - I stuck to ww bread sandwiches (only three quarter sandwiches) and some celery sticks plus tea. One dear old lady foisted some brownies on me but I passed them over to Rob who is sometimes a human garbage can. He's over six feet and weighs in at about 135!

Some geese flew over when I got home - a good sign. We're still loaded with snow but there's hope.

Now to decide what to do with the rest of today.
Old 03-14-2009, 03:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

No wait, Good Afternoon! It has been a glorious, mostly lazy day. Took a Jazzercise class first thing this morning. Came home and had lunch, then curled up for a nice long nap. It's been raining since Friday morning, so it was a perfect nap day. We've had Alabama's crazy March weather. Two weekends ago, we had snow. Last weekend, it was sunny and 80*. This weekend is rainy and cool. I'm ready for sunny and 80 again.

Here's wishing a sunny weekend to you all! Or at least a nap.
Old 03-14-2009, 03:40 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good afternoon!

DH and I just got home from running around town. We did our weekly grocery shopping (only forgot two non-essentials; woohoo!), he got his new straw cowboy hat for the year and we did some "dreaming" at the hardware store. We priced out fence posts for the new front and backyard fences and beadboard for the ceilings. It was a lot of fun!

I'm off to get the house cleaned and then do a workout dvd. The sun is peeking out every now and then but the back yard is still a mudhole, so I won't be working out outside today. I hope you all are having a wonderful Saturday!!!
Old 03-14-2009, 09:27 PM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi all! I am here. Veered a bit off course but not by much with the wedding. Just a quick post to say the dress was STILL too big (so much so I slid it up over my head WITHOUT unzipping last night). I am sooo tired and need to catch up but wanted to post a few photos as promised:

My friends Carla, me, DW, Camille and Randi

Me and Randi

And my little sister, the bride (I got the fat gene BTW):

Last edited by jenne1017; 03-14-2009 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:42 PM   #15  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

You were a beautiful bridesmaid, Jenn!

BTW, my sister is 4'11" and weighs 102 pounds. It just isn't right!
Closed Thread