Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 03-05-2009, 01:26 PM   #1  
Aiming to be a better me

S/C/G: 310/310/130

Height: 5'6.5

Default wii fit

Anyone else have it? Any one tried it? Its ok. I only have the one game that it comes with, and im bored of it. Any one else have that problem?
shatteredfallendove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:34 PM   #2  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

We haven't had ours very long but I like it... we only have the one game so far as well.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:06 PM   #3  
Empress/Queen

I tried it at a friend's house, had some different activities, games, honestly can't remember. It was fun, not practical for me, though.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:28 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I have it, and I have "My Fitness Coach". I alternate between the two - which works well.

Wii Fit - I like doing aroung 45 minutes:
10 minutes rhythm boxing
5 minutes advanced step
10 minutes super hula hoop
5 minutes island lap run
5 minutes yoga
5 minutes training
5 minutes ski jumping or slalom skiing.

I vary the order, and occasionally throw in some of the other exercises.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:03 AM   #5  
Aiming to be a better me

Thanks so much for the comments. Ya i dont think its to practically cuz it says it monitors minuites but its not like real minuites. I cant really explain

But thanks so much Counting Down. thats a really good scheule you have for yourself. I might just take it :-)

How is my fitness coach. I have seen before in Game Stop and really wanted it. Is it worth the money?
Old 03-06-2009, 11:36 AM   #6  

We just got our wii fit. We're having fun with it. I'm glad that you can open new exercises. I would definitely get bored fast otherwise.

I also have fitness coach. I really like it. It's like using a customized fitness dvd. It's also a pretty tough workout.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/216/145

Height: 5'4.5"

I have Wii fit I like it but I can't seem to keep myself motivated to keep using it . I only have the game that came with it at the moment I want to get "My Fitness Coach" and I know they have that Jillian Michaels work out but I haven't heard much good about that one.
Tabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:23 PM   #8  

I wanted to mention that my fitness coach doesn't use the balance board. I did see on amazon that there's a new game coming for the balance board. It's a Gold's gym workout game. I'm interested to see the reviews of that one.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #9  
Aiming to be a better me

O wow. Thanks Wendy I didnt know that there was going to be a Gold gym workout for the wii thats great. Its hard when you only have one game I know Tabby. I only have the one game that came with it and Im bored to tears. Theres only so many times you can play the same games before getting bored, you know
Old 03-14-2009, 11:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/137/120

Height: 4'11''

My cousins have the Wii and while they don't have the fit, they have some of the little sports games that come with it. The boxing is outrageous, I did it once with my little cousin and he basically whooped my butt. I could not keep up with him.

And for the fit, they have massive amounts of games coming out for it. I know for a fact they already have a Jillian Michaels game for it. Its a great workout game from what the guys at the store told me.
celigirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:04 PM   #11  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by celigirl88 View Post

And for the fit, they have massive amounts of games coming out for it. I know for a fact they already have a Jillian Michaels game for it. Its a great workout game from what the guys at the store told me.
You mean the guys that are trying to sell it?

I would check the amazon reviews before you even think of buying it. It has horrible reviews.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:15 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 165/137/120

Height: 4'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
You mean the guys that are trying to sell it?

I would check the amazon reviews before you even think of buying it. It has horrible reviews.
Really? Damn those guys. I don't have a Wii so I don't read reviews yet on any of the games but I guess that would be good before buying the game.
celigirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:11 PM   #13  

Height: 5'6"

I like my WII Fit, it is a lot of fun, and especially the yoga, balance and muscle exercises are good for me.
The aerobics, though, I think I will outgrow very soon, so I am considering taking up jogging.
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:43 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by celigirl88 View Post
Really? Damn those guys. I don't have a Wii so I don't read reviews yet on any of the games but I guess that would be good before buying the game.
I have heard a couple people say that they like the game even though it got bad reviews. I'd probably rent it before I bought it.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:56 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 225/216/145

Height: 5'4.5"

I am thinking about pre ordering the golds gym game through amazon. I am also going to keep my eyes open for a cheap used copy of the Jillian Michaels game just so I have other games to use maybe that will help.
Tabby is offline   Reply With Quote