South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-13-2009, 01:09 PM   #1  
Just Beachy...

S/C/G: 210/188/164 (mini goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Favorite guest-worthy recipes?

We are having a dinner guest on Sunday evening and cannot think of or find anything (I've looked through the sub-forums) that really stands out. Any favorite tried-and-true entree and, possibly, dessert recipes?? I would do either Ph 1 or 2.

Thank you so much!!
262mom2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

We aren't fancy in Alabama, so this may not suit you. Last time we had company, I made a big pot of chili and cornbread for those who wanted it. My current favorite dessert is easy. Make cherry sf jello and mix in sliced up strawberries and bananas. Toast a handful of pecans, chop them up and sprinkle on top of the jello. Put in fridge to set up. Serve with coolwhip. Tastes almost as good as a banana split!
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Something I ADORE. It is beautiful, it is easy. --I am not a beacher--sorry--adapt as needed!

Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

1 marinated pork tenderloin
Spinach Leaves
1 8 oz. block of cream cheese
Red bell pepper-Julienned (sliced thin is what it means)
Pesto Seasoning

Cut your tenderloin down the middle stopping about an inch short of cutting through the entire meat.

Put plastic wrap over it and with a mallet or whatever, pound it thin. (Go for rectangular shape)

Remove plastic and spread with cream cheese. Top with spinach leaves and red bell pepper.

Sprinkle generously with Pesto seasonings.

Roll up like a jellyroll. Bake for 35-40 minutes @ 350 degrees.

Cool 10 minutes and then slice on the diagnol--it is beautiful!

Warmed apricot perserves are incredible with this.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 03-13-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

I love chicken simmered on the stove or in a crockpot or baked in the oven in salsa (just remember that the heat can go up a notch, if the sauce condenses much, so a mild becomes somewhere between a mild and a medium).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:14 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Salsa chicken from the Phase I Entrees is always a hit.
That pork tenderloin from Thighs could be fine with L Cream Cheese or Laughing cow.
Poke through the recipes, especailly the starred ones and you'll find lots of suggestions.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

For appetizers I have served with success the Cold Salmon Spread, Antipachos, and the Vegetable pizza. I think the Mediterranean Chicken with Artichokes or Pork Diane are nice, and I agree that anything with tenderloin, pork or beef is going to be good. Veggie lasagna is always good. The roasted peppers with tomatoes are really pretty and impressive.
I think those are all recipes that are posted in this forum. If you can't find one you want, just holler.

If your guest is not a South Beacher, I would keep dessert simple. I've yet to find anyone that really wants my bean brownies or breakfast cheesecake over the real thing. Maybe a custard sauce with some fruit - you could skip the sauce. There's always strawberries dipped in chocolate or the chocolate cherry truffles.

Of course those are for fancy company. Close friends or family I would serve whatever I'd serve my own family.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 48/45/20

Height: 5'2"

I really like pasta w/ shrimp sauce. Two cans of itallian diced tomatoes and cook the shrimp in it. You can even add olives and asparagus to the mix and it looks more fancy. Serve w/ salad and garlic bread. Not phase 1 or 2, but I just make a side of extra veggies (broccoli, califlower) and eat the sauce over the veggies, and skip the bread

I also recently made sour cream chicken enchiladas for company...very easy with beans and rice for the sides. Again, not phase 1 or 2, but I made a tortilla shell out of cheese for myself and just made a bean tostada to eat along with the group. In both cases I feel like I'm eating what everyone else is eating, with a little tweaking.

As for dessert...I love to make frosted brownies. Made them for dessert after the enchiladas and just made myself a serving of the mocha ricotta cheese desert from the book so I didn't feel deprived.

Hope it's a great dinner~ Jenny
jennygirl531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

On Phase II whole wheat pasta and whole wheat tortillas are allowed. Check out the food lists.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:10 PM   #9  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Chicken enchiladas with whole wheat tortillas. Chicken parmesan with peppers, onions and mushrooms and topped with LF provolone or mozzarella. Stuffed peppers (My favorite dish). Make a big salad or any kind of veggies. Have whole wheat rolls on the side. The easiest thing for me for company is grilled chicken or steaks and veggies cooked on the grill with olive oil drizzled over them.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:13 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Ummm - may not be able to grill up here in the Great White North although my BBQ has appeared out of the snowbank on the deck.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 48/45/20

Height: 5'2"

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
On Phase II whole wheat pasta and whole wheat tortillas are allowed. Check out the food lists.

Thanks for that! I'm still in Phase 1, so that's why I tweak things for me. Good to know that when I move to the next phase I'll be able to eat these dishes w/ the whole wheat equivalents!
jennygirl531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:31 PM   #12  
Just Beachy...

S/C/G: 210/188/164 (mini goal)

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the wonderful suggestions!!! I was thinking about going with a Greek theme...chicken, salad, veggies, etc...but now am thinking that something a little more heartier might be the way to go. Thank you so much for the suggestions!!!

And...Ruthxxx...we have been known to drag out the grill during snow drift season as well. There is NOTHING like the taste of summer smack dab in the middle of winter!!
262mom2three is offline   Reply With Quote