Old 03-13-2009, 10:02 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: TGIF! 3/13

Mornin' All!

It's a beautiful, sunny day here...to bad it's barely 30 out! Have a meeting at unemployment this AM. Mom will be here shortly to babysit.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 147/142/125

Height: 5'3

Good Morning.. TGIF!!
It's suppose to be a great weekend weather wise here! I'm so excited!
I lost a pound this week! I've been trying really hard this week counting calories and exercising.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
butterflywings34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:46 AM   #3  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Hello Girls!!!
TGIF indeed. It's been a looooooong week. Whew, glad the weekend is almost here.

Not much going on today. Already did some errands and got some new books to read. My kids are itching to get out and run a muck outdoors, but it is a bit cold and mucky out there, so we'll have to do something fun indoors. Bake some cookies ? I dunno yet?

Been to the gym all week and my abs are feeling a bit better today. Guess they are getting used to the new routine.

Well that's it for me, pretty boring here... Chat later.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies!

It's a beautiful, sunny day here as well, but a bit on the cold side due to some wind.

PearFreak - I hear ya on the TGIF! Believe me!

I have to weigh myself this weekend to see if I've lost any weight. We have this Amish Friendship bread recipe going around my office...I baked 4 loaves of it last night and I've eaten 2 pieces of it. I gotta put the rest in the freezer for when we have company over!

I haven't been to the gym this week, but I've been walking the dog here and there. We're going on a long walk tonight and I'll be doing an insane amount of house cleaning this weekend! We were away last week and the dust bunnies are starting to collect!

Tonight I start doing the one-hundred push ups training program...we'll see how it goes!

Hope you have a fantabulous weekend ladies!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:05 AM   #5  
Liane

S/C/G: 201/190/160

COngrats on the pound butterflywings!

I started taking a ton of supplements yesterday and had a major headache all day....coincidence?
leenoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:28 PM   #6  

Hey ya'll!

Yesterday I was a bit off track. I had to take DD in for testing at Children's Hosp. She has stomach issues. She did very well but we won't find out any results until after the next test which is next month.

Today I am back on track. i just ate my lunch and had the best raspberries ever. I got them at Sam's Club they were huge , very sweet.

LBH- how did you black beans turn out?

Wifey- I love amish friendship bread. yummmmmy

Leenoodle- I tried to take lots of supplements a couple years ago. It got to the point when I took them 30 minutes later I would throw up. Then I was fine. I tried taking them at different times, waiting in between each one, I had so many it was a pain. I would puke with each one. they tore my stomach up. so I stopped taking them.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:18 PM   #7  
Liane

Well since I am new...and want to get to know you all....

What kind of diet are you doing and what type of exercise?
Old 03-13-2009, 02:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon!!!

Beautiful day here, cold but sunny...it's supposed to get warmer this weekend. I weighed in today and I'm down 4 lbs so I'm happy! However I'm going out tonight to a restaurant but I just googled the menu and found something that looks OK calorie wise, so hopefully it'll be OK.

butterflywings - Congrats on the pound!!!

Wifey - Is there a link on that 100 pushup program? I thought I remembered reading something about that. Good luck!

leenoodle - I am counting calories, I try to stay between 1500 and 1600. Also I do mostly walking right now for exercise, either outside or on my treadmill. We have a bowflex and I want to start doing some weights as well, just have to get DH to show me a few exercises to get started.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:10 PM   #9  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Wifey: Mmm, Amish Friendship Bread. I haven't had some in .... gosh years. Enjoy it.
Can you reiterate more on the Hundred Push Ups Training progam? I'd love to hear more about it.

Welcome Leenoodle!!
I did the whole suppliments and protein drinks a while back. Stopped, for no real reason, other then I never got a chance to go back to Vitamin World to get more. One day, I'll go back.
Whatcha taking?

Hello to everyone else.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #10  
Liane

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearFreak View Post
I did the whole suppliments and protein drinks a while back. Stopped, for no real reason, other then I never got a chance to go back to Vitamin World to get more. One day, I'll go back.
Whatcha taking?
Fish oil, CoQ10 and Vit B, Acai berry...so far.

I am adding Inositol, Cinnamon and possibly Vitex (all related to PCOS). I have never never never been able to lose weight so I am taking a totally different route this time.

I had a baby in 07 (which took us 4.5 years to conceive her) and then I quit smoking in October (gained another 15lbs after that) and now working out is not so bad....as I can breath again.

Last edited by leenoodle; 03-13-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:35 PM   #11  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

hidie ho everyone! I'm having starving issues today. I am glad I'm not at home (am at work) 'cause I'd be eating the whole house!! I've had 11-12 points...I try to keep at 24 points....I think today may be a 26-28 pointer. I'm actually supposed to get 28. Maybe it's the cold, rainy weather givin me the munchies....I really have been actually hungry though. I've eaten not really junk...just not filling stuff, I guess. I've had a peanut butter fiber one bar (3 points), 3 lifesaver mints (1 pt), a healthy choice dinner (6 pts) and 1 svg of pretzels (2 pts). DH ate a half grilled chicken plate (w/potato salad, beans, bread) in front of me at lunch. I should probably count that as a point or two just from smelling it! :wink: IT SMELLED SOOOO GOOD!! Now that I think about how unthoughtful that was, it kinda makes me mad that he did it right in front of me!!

Anyway, I'm not weighing til Monday....unless I cave before then....I almost don't care though....I know I'm trying and I wanna keep trying because I know I'm being healthier even if I'm not losing...so who cares, ya know?? I think I'm not making sense today. Kinda in a funk.....

Hope everyone else is have a BLAST of a day!!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:05 PM   #12  
☆krista-kins™☆

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Happy Friday Everyone! Sounds like the weather is generally sunny and pleasant all around! My son has been playing outside (the first since Winter came) the past two days, its been wonderful! I love when they can get outside and release some of that energy (energy I wish they would share with me lol). I finally got all my transcripts sent to the new College Im applying to. I hope it goes smoothly and the accept me! I should know the middle of next week! Yipppeee
As for vitamins and supplements, every time I try something I get headaches to. I wonder what causes that! I would like to try a B complex to give me some more energy though.
Inkedmama98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I lost the 3 lbs. that I gained last weekend. I seem to gain and lose the same 3 lbs. over and over again. I am obviously not staying on program on the weekends. I didn't get a chance to run today, so tomorrow is a definitely.

Does anyone have fun plans this weekend? We are staying home and I am going to a show at the high school on Sat night.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote