Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2002, 02:03 PM   #1  

Default Thanks for the warm welcome!

Hey Sue
Hi Anagram
Greetings Lorelei1

Good to meet each of you! I am having fun with they little critters over here on my left - the whole thing is so new to me! How in the world do you retrieve a "private message"? Haven't figured that one out yet, but have one to read.

EFM - okay, will try. EFM stands for Education for Ministry and is a worldwide program of theological education for NON clergy - although often clergy do take the course The first year is OT, second NT, third early church history (CE to 1700), and fourth year modern church theology in light of legal/ethical/and moral points of view (fitting it all together!) or in other words developing your own systematic theology. It is sponsored by the School of Theology/Sewanee University, Sewannee, TN. Basically it is the "core course" taken by Priest for lay people. Now - aren't you sorry you asked! ROFL

Thank you for the warm welcome - I have so much to learn in navigating this place! I know I will learn a lot from each of you and am blessed to have 'stumbled upon' ya'll

Have a great day!

Krickett
Old 09-29-2002, 05:55 PM   #2  

Well, I may not get it all yet but I understand a lot more than I did before. I always figure better to ask - that way I'll learn something.
Old 09-29-2002, 06:00 PM   #3  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Krickett, that sounds so interesting! If I could go back to college and major in anything I wanted to, it would be Religion. I guess growing up in a non-religious household caused me to be fascinated with organized religion.
Old 10-02-2002, 10:55 PM   #4  
gbo

Personally I have studied religion all over the world. From Buddism to Muslem, to christianity and new age. I have a good grasp of most major religions and spent many years learning the foundations of all religions it is a facinating study to make and I suppose as a result I am an arm chair philisopher. Not an expert by any means but God knows it is never boring! Welcome my Dear welcome.
Pam
Old 10-03-2002, 03:41 PM   #5  

gbo,

Definitely never boring - and like you - I have studied widely Being an inclusive person - I have little problem doing arm chair philisophy of my own Pull up a chair and let's share some tea or coffee. ... without sugar that is!!!!! LOL
Old 10-03-2002, 04:16 PM   #6  
Old Cackler

<sigh> what a NICE bunch of ladies hang out here!!!!

may i have a cup of tea, please????
Closed Thread