South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 06:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Chatterings

Good morning!

Here we are at Thursday already. Where does the time go? Before we know it, summer will be here. But winter's letting us know it's still hanging around for now. We even have that 4-letter word in the forecast for next week. Maybe by then the forecast will have changed.

We're keeping Maggie home from school again today. Yesterday she woke up with a fever of 104*. She seemed fine, though, and her temperature was normal all afternoon, but it came back last night. So we'll spend a quiet day tucked up all snug on the couch and read books and maybe watch a movie. The girls have a big weekend ahead of them, we're hoping she'll be better by then!
Old 03-12-2009, 07:13 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage I hope Maggie knocks that bug out of her system. Those are the most frustrating ones that just keep hanging on. Hey, how did you get that stuff in your forecast when we didn't (not that I'm complaining)?! I hope we're about done with that.

Today is a half work, half appointments day for me. Getting my hair done today, finally. Then it's a couple of errands and PT. It's nice to have a morning off to run errands so I don't have to squeeze them in. Especially since I was up late watching basketball!

I am feeling and doing better. Monday I stuck with yoga until about 20 minutes before the end. Yesterday I used my 5 lb weights and did a few crunches along with my cardio. My eating was also the best it's been in over a month. The stronger I feel the better I seem to do all around.

It's going to be above freezing and sunny here, so no complaints. I'd love it to get warmer but slow warming helps with the mud.

Hope your day is sunny and mud free
Old 03-12-2009, 07:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Cottage - ick. Hope Maggie feels better! I'm not going to look at the weather...ignorance is bliss.

Cyndi- glad you're feeling a bit better. Do you think the nutrition changes are helping you? I forgot...what did they recommend to drop from your diet...eggs maybe? I'm remembering you wanted a challenge at breakfast .

Me - hanging in there with the house. Found out the seller's lawyer KNEW about the problem, but since she couldn't get a hold of the person she needed to, she GAVE UP. Idiot. Sigh. Just sit and wait! Work is a LONG day today, I think we're pretty busy, and I'll have both kids with me. Hopefully, they'll be good!

Have a great day, chicks!
Old 03-12-2009, 07:36 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

A quiet day sounds good but I hope poor Maggie recovers fast, Cottage.

Thanks for the reminder, Cyndi. I go for a haircut tomorrow morning and had forgotten. My life would fall apart without my Works Calendar and its reminders.

Dinner and the meeting went well last night. We got lots of things settled in a very relaxed atmosphere (wine was involved!) and my wonderful friends did all the clean-up. We do it again at Heather's house next month.

Oil tank repairing guy will be here at eight so I need to throw on some clothes and take out the trash before he gets here. The day is dawning clear and cold at -9ºC/14ºF and is going to stay below freezing point for the next two days. Lots of melt happened the past few days though and a huge wind yesterday dried up a lot of the water. I am confident that Spring will come.

Have a Thrilling Thursday maybe?
Old 03-12-2009, 07:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning ladies,
Ruth my Thursday will be less than thrilling I'm sure since I am signed up for HERO training all afternoon. Dummy, I did it to myself. Sounds like a great way to have a meeting.
Good luck at work with the kiddos Twynn - better you than me!
Glad to hear you are feeling well Cyndi, don't get stuck in the mud.
cottage, poor Maggie. we had a weird fever thing a few weeks ago. Hope she is better for her big weekend.

Well, I'm working for a bit, then on the road to Quantico for a class this afternoon. DD has dance this evening, and I've got plenty of leftovers for dinner, so that's about it for me! I've got my niece and nephew coming to stay this weekend so I need to get things done around here tomorrow so I can play. And we are hosting a LAN party for local middle and high schoolers next weekend and I am in charge of coming up with enough screens - we are short a couple and Rent-A-Center will only rent by the week. Any ideas short of theft are welcome. I'll feel better once I get that figured out and off of my mind...
Old 03-12-2009, 09:08 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

That four-letter word was drifting down slowly this morning on my way to work, Cottage. Halfway there, it was coming down hard enough to dust the hood of my car while waiting at the stoplight. By the time I was in the building at work, it was almost a white-out! It was beautiful, but it's hard to appreciate it when I'm so far gone as to think, "wow, must be white flower petals drifting across the road" after first noticing it. I really love spring. I enjoy winter a lot too, but I think I got sucked in after the gorgeous weather last weekend. I'm just going to have to hold tight a little longer. Sounds like a really sweet afternoon, Cottage! Hope Maggie feels better.

Glad you're feeling stronger, Cyndi! You seem to be our backbone here, especially when it comes to exercise, so it helps all of us when you're feeling stronger!

Ugh, Twynn, about the idiot lawyer. Just remember, you can't shoot the stupid people, but sarcasm is a great weapon. Hope the kids are good today and the day whizzes past!

You're up and at 'em so early, Ruth. You are amazing! I never schedule visits from repairmen any earlier than I have to. Nonetheless, they usually find me scrambling to put on something presentable when they show up, even if it's at 11!

Schmoodle, what's LAN? I know I've heard of the term in connection with computers, but am totally confused how you have a party with it. As for screens, if you mean the computer monitor kind, why not put out a request on Craig's List or something like Freecycle to borrow some for the weekend? Or could the kids bring their one from home?

Me:
My sinuses are unhappy, so I'm chugging water like it's going out of style. I drank 3L yesterday just from thirst so I predict many bathroom visits for the next couple days.

Student just came in, so I better go. Hope you all have a great day!
Old 03-12-2009, 09:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

ANOTHER late start this morning!! found out that kenedie is setting her alarm.... but not turning it on!! she is blonde, what can i say lol... even chloe and brady slept in and savvy was just waking up....
cottage--my kids had that a few weeks ago, fever at night and mornings, but fine in the afternoon. took a few days, hopefully Maggie will be better by the weekend.
ruth--glad you had a nice evenin
schmoodle--whats a LAN party?
beach--are you a teacher?
twynne--hope this house thing gets sorted soon
cyndi--what are you doin to your hair?

to the rest that come in today, hi, and everyone have a great day on the beach

stacy xxx
Old 03-12-2009, 09:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 314/314/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone! Quicky this morning - I have busy day at work again. I do like them because they seem to fly by, but it seems like the day is gone and sometimes I wonder what I have done!

Didn't get to exercise yesterday, ended up working later than expected. I am hoping to try to get some in today. My boyfriend and I are planning on going to play golf on Saturday, so that will be a nice change of pace. And we will be walking the course, so more exercise!
Old 03-12-2009, 10:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Every 10 weeks, I get a new 'set' from Jazzercise -- new routines. One of the songs from this set is Michael Buble singing "That's Life". I think it's a remake originally by Old Blue Eyes. He sings:

Every time I find myself... Flat on my face,
I PICK MYSELF UP AND GET BACK IN THE RACE!
That's Life!

LOVE IT! I've been singing too loud all morning.

Cottage: 104* is scary! I hope she feels better soon, and that she doesn't share with you!

Cyndi: I'm so glad you are feeling better.

Twynn: Good luck with the kids at work. I find bribery works.

Ruth: Yep, wine makes lots of things better.

Schmoodle: HERO training sounds interesting. You could be in 'twittle-your-thumb' training. I took a computer course that started with "First you have to turn on your computer. Do you know where the power button is?" PLEASE!

Laurie: Sinus problems are no fun. Have you tried a neti pot? Mine seems to help.

Stacy: That is funny about Kenedie. I've set mine for pm instead of am before. Sheesh!

ETA: Good morning Melissa! I've never played golf, but I'm no good at puttputt. Probably should stay away from it.

You all have a great day!

Last edited by Chelby29; 03-12-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:16 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, chickies!

Cottage: Poor Maggie. I hope her day of rest and relaxation with you helps to get her closer to healthy!

Cyndi: I'm glad you're feeling so strong! I know you've had a rough few months with your body and I'm glad you're getting back to somewhat-normal. Are you going for a new hairstyle or your usual? (I'm too much of a wimp to get a new hairstyle, so I'm always awe-struck when I find someone brave enough to do it! )

Twynn: I'm so sorry about the house woes! That's got to be so frustrating. Enjoy your day at work with the kiddos!

Ruth: I'm glad your meeting went well. Wine does have a way of relaxing the atmosphere, doesn't it?

Schmoodle: Theft was going to be my first suggestion and since that's out...I've got nothing. Good luck finding some screens!

Laurie: I hope it clears up on your way home from work today. I know I'm a Texas girl, so I shouldn't have an opinion about that four-letter word, but driving in a white-out was the scariest driving situation I've ever been in. I hope you have a great day and that your sinuses clear!

stacy: That's long been a dream of mine; to set the alarm but not turn it on. I hope the late start this morning didn't mean a frazzled mess for the family!

ThoughtfulOne: Don't you just love exercise that isn't "exercise". For my DH and I, it's hiking. We get such a great workout in, but don't realize until the next day when we're sore. I hope you have a nice day!

ETA: Good morning, Chelby! I hope you have a great day! That Michael Buble song sounds really inspirational!

Me: Well, it rained all day yesterday and froze last night, so you can imagine the scene this morning. DH was running late and got outside at 8 am, when he's supposed to be sitting at his desk at work, and realized his truck was frozen shut! It took him 20 minutes to get it cleared up, so he was really late this morning. I get to park under the carport and always plan on pre-heating the car if it dips below 32, so I didn't have that problem at all.

Nothing much today. 16-Bean soup is in the crock-pot for dinner tonight. the Spurs are playing the Lakers tonight, so DH will be glued to the tv. That's a match-up that is always way too high-intensity for me to watch, so I'll be in the bedroom getting my Avon order done and some laundry put away while watching Cirque du Soleil's Dralion. It should arrive from Netflix this afternoon. I'm really excited about that!

Okay, okay. Enough chatter from me! I need to get some work done! Have a ble
Old 03-12-2009, 10:16 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

LAN is local area network, and a LAN party is when you have several teams and they bring their game systems (Xbox 360 for this party). You set up a TV for each team, and network them all together so they can have a big tournament. They will go all night. I guess it's a gamer thing, that's all I know about it. We're trying to come up with activities for the teens in town, since our small town is very boring and they have a tendency to go looking for things to occupy their time.

Freecycle's a great idea, if we could get some TVs donated, it would simplify things a lot, since we'd like to do this monthly if it's a success.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #12  

Don IM'd me this morning to say he got into Florida okay but 45 minutes late. I'll pick him up next Tueday. It will be strange not seeing him for almost a week but he really needed to see this friend who is ill.

I think the rain has stopped for at least awhile. We've had over 4 inches and the temp drop from the 80's on Tuesday to the 30's with a wind chill in the 20's. How do you dog owners handle it when it rains for over 15 hours straight? I actually walked him around 1 this morning when the rain lessened up a bit. He doesn't like it when it is pouring. And he cried in his crate and kept me awake. I finally turned on the TV for him and then he calmed down. I think some of it is separation anxiety.

I've got Roundtable tonight which is always fun and I'm making black bean soup for dinner.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

Chelby, Michael Buble is great, isn't he? He did Cuando, Cuando, Cuando with I-forget-who and it's fabulous. I think in English they write it Quando, Quando, Quando. Anyway, when you do Jazzercise, do you use weights at all? I don't think I know what Jazzercise is. Aerobics, right?

Zeff,
I've been thinking about your boy and those bananas and let me tell you, it brings me to chuckles. Reminds me of my kids when they were little. But you really had me going when you told me that he and the toilet had not made contact in three days.

Stacy
, Brunettes do the same thing, too. I wanted to name my oldest Kennedy. Nice to see a girl with that name.

Beachga
l, I just noticed your height. You lucky girl! Tall women look so elegant and poised.

Cottage
, hope your little one feels better before the weekend. Doesn't it always seem that the kids get sick right around the time something big is going on?

Twynn
, the closing will happen soon enough, I'm sure. But it does wear on your nerves.... the not knowing and all that business.

DH and I went and selected our doors last night. We wanted to kill each other by the time we were done. Building a house has its moments. Being our own General Contractors spices it up twenty notches. We're choosing our bathrooms today. I'm bringing the frying pan and don't think I won't use it if I have to.

Down five pounds in ten days. I don't trust it just yet especially since I had a two-pound drop since only yesterday. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Have a great day, ladies.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:01 AM   #14  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Schmoodle -- I bet you can get tvs easily if you ask. I know I have two upstairs that we never use that will not make the digital tv switch when that happens. They'd be perfect for XBox games.

Barb -- If I had to potty outside when it's 30* and raining, I'd find myself a nice spot on the carpet, too!

Diva -- Michael Buble is one of my favorites! He was in Birmingham not too long ago, but tickets were crazy expensive. Jazzercise is a wonderful, fun, full-body workout. We do cardio, strength with weights and stretching, all in 60 minutes. The first half of class is cardio, the last half is strength and stretching. Go to jazzercise.com, then click on 'find a class' to see if there is a class near you.

Kim -- My doors have frozen shut before. It's frustrating! You don't like NBA? It's my favorite sport to watch. LaBron is amazing!

Last edited by Chelby29; 03-12-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:10 AM   #15  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Diva - the kid is always good for a laugh.
--
I'm super tired, so I'm saying hi and then going back to sleep. DS1 had a diarrhea issue last night, which we didn't realize until he woke up crying at 2:30. The mess was crazy. poor kid. we put a blanket down on the floor in our bedroom and he slept there until about 7 this morning when he loudly announced that "it's daytime, and people don't sleep during the day!"...and then he sat 2 inches from my face and stared at me until I opened my eyes. Thankfully most of the mess was contained within his jammies....which are now in the trash. I don't have time to deal with that and frankly, even if I did, I wouldn't want to. I'm miserly about so much, but when it comes to poopy clothes - forget about it.

Apparently this was a one time occurrence, because he seems fine this morning.

I'm exhausted and only woke up to get the IV of coffee dripping and some food in my belly. This is one morning that I thought seriously about making some comfort breakfast food, but I feel better that I stuck to plan. I love sauteed mushrooms.

Chelby - DH bought tickets to Buble 2 years ago for my birthday. It was a great show. It was in a rather small venue so it was more intimate than most.

Last edited by zeffryn; 03-12-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Closed Thread