Old 03-11-2009, 12:41 PM   #1  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 280/272/160

Height: 5'8"

Default 10 pounds in 4 days

I've lost 10 pounds already. I'm sort of happy, but I know it's mostly water weight at this point and things are going to slow down a bit now. Did you all start exercising right away? What were your routines like when you first started out?
Iheartsushi418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Great start! Water or not, it's 10lbs less to drag around!

Me, this time round I haven't started exercising yet, just being more active generally. Well, some days. My plan is that when I start to feel I'm slowing down, I'll add in some more serious exercise to get things going again. Mostly it will be walking - last time I lost weight, it really, really helped. When I can afford a gym, some time down the track, I'll join for the advice on cardio, and to do some strength training.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:18 PM   #3  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

I spent months tweaking my diet before I started exercising. Some people start all at once, I had to take teeny baby steps for changes in my life. I think it just depends on how you'll react, if you get too overwhelmed with an all or nothing, then baby steps it is. If you're an all or nothing person, do it all.

Last edited by sprklemajik; 03-11-2009 at 01:20 PM.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 267/241/160

Height: 5'8"

I have lost around 25lbs now, and i had to do diet first, and i have just recently started exercising. I get overwhelmed and quit if i try starting both at once. I have set some fitness goals, but I have started off using the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and plan on using it atleast 5 days per week. it is a 20 minute video and a good workout. I can do 20 minutes a day, because right now it still seems like a chore incorporating exercise. I'd like for it to not feel that way eventually. I did make an effort just to be more active when I started dieting though, and it has definitely helped.
dcat4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #5  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

I still don't exercise a lot. Just mostly daily walking, but that's normal for me. I still lose about 2lbs a week.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/230.6/216

Height: 5'4"

I started with exercising at the gym right away. An hour or so per day. I've been at it for about a month though, and am only down about 9 pounds.. (but I'm trying to remind myself constantly I may have added some weight in muscle...)
Gretchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 328/273/170

Height: 6'2"

I started off with just diet changes, and once I was able to stick to that for a month I started looking at excercise options. In the mean time, my 17 lbs I lost in January got my mother inspired. She had lost 99 lbs about 5 years ago, and this last year due to many many emotional issues she gained about 50 of it back. She decided to get back to where she was and so we joined a gym together. I dont' think the weight is coming off any faster, but honestly I look better than when I did 5 years ago 60lbs lighter. The clothes sizes are dropping pretty fast though, I'm almost down almost 3 pant sizes so far. From what I understand from my doctor cardio is the main thing that's going to get the fat off, and I make sure to do that 5 days a week. I started off with just 3 days, but now I'm up to 5 days of cardio and 3-4 days of weight training. I started at 30 minutes of cardio and have worked up to 45 so far. Its a lot of time, but I think its made a HUGE difference in how I look and feel.

The weight will come off faster at the beginning, I lost 17 the first month, and 12 the second, and I'm only at about 3.5 for March but its all about sustaining it
Erin2tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:05 PM   #8  
Happy in LA!

S/C/G: 244/224/170

Height: 5'7

Hey, first of all congrats.

What worked for me was hitting it hard straight out the gate.

Cut out all the processed foods and started drinking only water (no soda or juices). Tons of veggies, fruits for snacks, and lots of lean meats. Cooked everything. I also am going to the gym 5x a week for an hour of cardio. This was all last week and i lost about 10 pounds. this week has slowed an i think it's a combo of, like you said, i've lost that water weight and i've also slacked off on my weight training.

the test this week will be to see if i see a return to my rapid results when i get back to the weights. we'll see.

my advice is to do what's best for you, for your body, what feels good BUT effective, and what you can fit into your lifestyle.

either way, good luck, and congrats again!
calisa86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #9  
Mz. Matherne

S/C/G: 285/275/150

Congrats!!

I started exercising right off the bat around 30 minutes everyday. Then I brought it up to an hour every day and lost about 24 pounds in my first month.

I hope everything goes good for you and just keep it up!
dandk0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 280-->150

Height: 5'7"

I'm on my first week, and I've dropped 11 lbs already. I started out with just gentle walking, 15 minutes a day, since that's all I could manage. But I've been pushing the protein like nobody's business. And now I'm noticing a distinct increase in stamina and energy. I've moved up to walking/jogging and playing DDR (Dance Dance Revolution, it kicks much butt).
Jo Kittibuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:12 PM   #11  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I started on just walking for the first month or so then added in some yoga. Nothing too serious... and still not hitting it hard in the exercise department! I will up that eventually.

10 lbs in 4 days... you rock!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/ONEDERLAND!

Height: 5'9

I started out doing 20min. of cardio daily before I even started watching what I eat. It really does help!
heather88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:29 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 275/245/140

Height: 63inches

I started out walking first. At first it was hard. All kinds of wonderful aches and pains. Now I am up to an hour on the treadmill and recently added weight training. It feels good to go up stairs and not be winded and it brings me a whole lot of peace. I just put on the i-pod and go!
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:28 PM   #14  
Keep on going!

S/C/G: 278.3/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Kittibuck View Post
I'm on my first week, and I've dropped 11 lbs already. I started out with just gentle walking, 15 minutes a day, since that's all I could manage. But I've been pushing the protein like nobody's business. And now I'm noticing a distinct increase in stamina and energy. I've moved up to walking/jogging and playing DDR (Dance Dance Revolution, it kicks much butt).
heh Ive been using that too! 30 min twice a day .. great workout & its pretty fun .. I havent been able to get into any other exercise at all lol

Last edited by alsten02; 03-13-2009 at 06:31 PM.
alsten02 is offline   Reply With Quote