Old 03-10-2009, 12:38 AM   #1  
one second at a time

Cool The OA HOW program

Can anyone tell me more about the OA's HOW program?? Like how it works, or really any info would be helpful!! Thanx
bingechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:08 AM   #2  

Just do a search on it and you will get sites for it. Is that the kind of meeting you went too, OA How. If not I reccomend you read the Dignity of Choice Phahlet(sp). It helped me with my food plan.

Welcome to the family.
hugs
patd
patd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:13 PM   #3  

Perhaps you mean CEA-HOW (Compulsive Eaters Anonymous- Honest, Open, Willing)? My understanding is that this is not part of OA but is a separate similar program. It is also a 12 step program modeled on AA with its own method of sponsorship and using various booklets and questions to "work the steps". The food plan in general is much more regimented than OA. I met some good people, but the rigidity did not agree with me after a while as I felt it was leading back to obssessive behavior. It was however a good experience and I ended up in OA which I have seen happen quite a bit. Folks "lose their weight" in CEA-HOW and maintain in OA- just my experience.
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:24 AM   #4  

I look at it as the same as OA but with a no flour/no sugar/weighed and measured food plan that they follow.
Gymgurl is offline   Reply With Quote