Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-10-2009, 04:25 PM   #1  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Default Stuffed sausage meets the muffin top

At the end of last summer I dreaded the heavier winter clothes....not sure why. Apparently I've fallen into the safety of long sleeves and longer shirts, V neck sweaters and wide leg jeans.
Then ta-da! It's 72 in Ohio today!!! About to go for a walk with a size 2 neighbor and I'm flying through the summer stuff trying stuff on, NOTHING works. How can that be? I wore it last summer. I wore it to Disney in Sept. Is it the white legs? The white arms? The big boobs that look bigger in summer shirts than winter?
I tell ya, if the stuffed sausage feeling isn't enough to jump start my newest weight loss journey, I don't know what is.
Oh well, such is life!
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:25 PM   #2  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

OMG...LOL When I read your thread title I thought you might end up getting banned...haha

If you keep going, at the real start of summer you will be amazed at the difference...and the end of summer...trust me, you'll really not want to put on those winter clothes back on...because they'll all be huge and you'll have to buy new! You can do this, and it is SOOO exciting!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:33 PM   #3  
I can do it !!!!

Thanks for the encouragement Lori. We live near a huge amusement park and last year I swore I could fit more comfortably in the rides this summer, and enjoy the water park with more confidence, but as with the last 7 years I have put this off and made excuses.
I am hoping that 2009 is my year and I do hope you are right about the end of the summer!
Thanks

Last edited by 2Bthinagain; 03-10-2009 at 06:33 PM.
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/145

The "winter layer" is a known phenomanon. (spelling??) Seriously. And with the white arms and legs, NOTHING looks as good. I put on a dress the other day (75 in Denver) and even though I am the same weight as last summer, it looked terrible. At least I am hoping it is the white skin. I hope I didn't look this terrible in it last summer!
Well, like you said, if that isn't enough to get us moving... !
badbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

2bethinagain,
I am in the same boat! Long story short, I just quit my job because the stress was gonna put me in the ER (12-14hour days plus weekend for 2 weeks of every month). During that time, I had no time to work out and gained 15lbs. Very little of my wardrobe actually fits! So now that I am on the hunt for job, I am sticking to a strict diet and exercising everyday. I want my body and clothes back! I want to look awesome this summer!!!

Take it one day at a time and focus on a healthy lifestyle.

Keep up the great work! We can both do this!!!
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:07 PM   #6  

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
OMG...LOL When I read your thread title I thought you might end up getting banned...haha
LOL, Lori this made me laugh out loud in an empty house! Hahaha!!!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:45 AM   #7  

Move to the UK. It's still chilly and quite windy.
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

We also had a warm spell last week--in Texas. It is cooling the next few days.

A friend of mine was telling me the other day about Dove Glow or something. It is super sheer she said--and gives your skin a little color. When she told me I thought back to my days as a teen with striped skin after using a self-tanner when they first came out. Has anyone used the Dove sheer stuff?
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:18 AM   #9  
Mellow but Sassy

S/C/G: 280/255/160

Height: 5' 11"

Oh the paleness, I've determined it's my lot in life. The one time I tried a tanning bed (I was hoping it would make me burn less before an island trip), I only freckled more with no skin color change.

Anywho, at my family's huge Christmas party, my little cousin loudly announced to the room that she loved my white tights.

Yeah, I wasn't wearing tights with my dress. That was just my bare legs.
Zen Pharmacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:46 AM   #10  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Pharmacy View Post
Oh the paleness, I've determined it's my lot in life. The one time I tried a tanning bed (I was hoping it would make me burn less before an island trip), I only freckled more with no skin color change.

Anywho, at my family's huge Christmas party, my little cousin loudly announced to the room that she loved my white tights.

Yeah, I wasn't wearing tights with my dress. That was just my bare legs.
LOL!! That sounds like something that would happen to me. I think I am the whitest white girl I have ever seen.
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote