S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Default Wish me luck, today is a crunch day

Programme for Lent:
Monday - Saturday ~ no dairy, meat/fish, sugar, yeast
Sunday ~ eat normally, eat more calories than during the week
Don't get weighed until Easter Day.

So far, so good.
I was fascinated the first Sunday to discover that a new 'normal' involved only buying a pork chop to cook and eat, rather than a pork joint.

Yesterday, 2nd Sunday, I was fascinated to discover that a newer 'normal' involved buying a salmon fillet, bought with the intention of roasting and glazing it with brown sugar but in the end I couldn't bear the thought of that, and steamed it with steamed veg. and it was beautiful.

However, yesterday's plan was also to eat quite a high number of calories, because my weekday totals were only in the 1100 to 1300 range, and I got a long way to go yet.
I managed to get to 2200, which gives me 1400 a day average for the week, so I was pleased with that. My resting BMR is 1900.
It got so that by the end of the day, I could nearly have had a binge but I had pre-planned, and had nothing else but raw food in the house, and I chose to go to bed rather than eat.

Today is a back to weekday eating day, except that I have to go to a lunch meeting with colleagues today, missing it is not an option. Just a pub lunch thing but attendance is mandatory. Obviously, the plan is to choose something as near to Plan as possible, and I always do just dring fizzy water BUT I'm just a wee bit anxious, after a big(ger) eating day it would be really tempting to think 'one more day won't hurt'. So I feel today is standing at the top of a slippery slope. On the one hand, I feel quite excited at this new test, on the other hand, well we know where slippery slopes lead.
I hope to choose the road less travelled.
Wish me luck!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:39 AM   #2  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Good luck! Those work lunches can be trickly but they are a part of life so we have to figure out how to handle them. Let us know how it goes.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 289/278.8/155

Height: 5'7"

I always go for either fish (if it's not in batter) and veggies or a big salad when I go for lunch meetings---you're generally safe with either....good luck!!
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:49 AM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

You made some good choices on the salmon, so I am sure you can do it again with lunch. Good luck to you!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #5  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Thanks, guys.
There was nothing on the menu that fitted my Plan exactly but I had a small baked potato in its skin with a fairly skinny amount of tuna mayonnaise on top. It was fine, not the best thing I've ever eaten but OK.
The 2 guys at the meeting had bacon and cheese melt baguettes with chips. Actually, I could have had the chips.
The other woman took quite a long time choosing a salad, because she's decided to eat more healthily in Lent. The salad came with fried bacon and cheese - but hey, for all I know that MIGHT be healthier than what she normally eats! :roll:
I was tempted to reveal my 19lb weightloss but decided to hold smugly onto it. Obviously it's not showing yet, I'll wait until they spot it.

Anyway, a hurdle achieved.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote