Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 10:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Default G2009-This Takes More Then Luck -Thread #2

Ok girls - we're starting week #4 with a new thread since we're over our 500 posts!

Mel - Can you please close out the other thread please?

I'll post the week #3 results in a moment.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Default Week #3 Results

WEEK #3 RESULTS!!!

WEEK #3 WINNER ~ MARIMARI WITH #2.5 POUNDS!

RUNNERS UP
KOSHINOGI - #2
MCKENZIESMOMMA - #2
SPRKLEMAJIK - #2

WEEK #2 TOTAL WEIGHT - #4494.7
WEEK #3 TOTAL WEIGHT - #4495.4 AN INCREASE OF #.7!!!!

TOTAL NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS - 22 (dropped 2 people that haven't weighed in at all this challenge)
TOTAL OF WEIGH INS - 17
TOTAL WITH LOSSES - 9
TOTAL WITH GAINS - 4
TOTAL THAT STAYED THE SAME - 4

This apparently was a hard week - and I read a lot of posts of water retention and extra sodium... you all know what needs to be done - now it's time to put that in action! Watching what we're eating - thinking about why we're eating and our goals in mind. It always seems to me that when we hit a middle of a challenge we start slumping - it appears that it has once again come true. Does anyone have an idea why that is? why we lose steam in the middle??? In 3 weeks we start another challenge - and everyone is fired back up for that fresh start - why is it hard to think of every week as a fresh start? I'd love feedback.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, It is Saturday and need to do some house cleaning, of which is never ending battle even now with only the 2 of us home....

Not much going on, I will be getting my exercise in today and my eating should be on plan since we are staying home all day....
Old 03-07-2009, 11:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Congrats Mari!!!

Congrats to the runners up also!

Melissa- I thought I read you werent happy with your weigh in. You lost so thats good!

Eny- I have no idea. Im looking forward to hearing some responses too.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:33 PM   #5  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

hello all. well i have been doing pretty good on staying on track. last night was pizza night. tonight we are having stuffed pork chops and i do not know what else yet. any suggestions?
Old 03-07-2009, 12:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

Good Evening Ladies , yey on all the losses, Next week everyone who had a bad week this week will have their losses!!!

I find that if i had a bad week last week, then I tend to have my gain the following week rather that the same week, so if like i think someone had had the badd week not really gained worked hard the following week and gained 4lbs that is just your body playing catch up, Maybe anyway, mine definatley does, Anyhoo's not sure why we look forward to new week beginnings? maybe we just feel its a fresh start, if you had a bad week its a new one so you can work differently?? hmm that is a hard question.

I like new weeks though as i feel i can forget about what i did last time and move along, and plan for them. back at work next week so will be able to get my eating back op being off i pick all day and make bad choices.
I've been mega lazy too, though my motorbike takes it out of me and did a 3 hour training session today against heavy wind too, gotta love the north sea

Hope you are having a good weekend, I am off out tonight for a celebratory meal with the inlaws for their 35th wedding anniversary, going to make good choices (I hope - unless there is sticky toffee pudding my fave mmm
Old 03-07-2009, 01:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

I worked off another tag yesterday. I did 45 minutes of walking. I took Noelle for a walk at 12:30am let her run and have some fresh air. Today I went to menards and got what I need to make a frame for my cantalope or watermelon, don't which one I will plant yet. I may need one more frame depending on how many seedlings sprout. Next week I will buy the wood to make the frame for the garden itself. I am soooooo ready for Spring and Spring planting!!!!!! It is supposed to rain some more today, we are under flood alerts. It is overcast out there. I want to take dog for a walk before it rains and put together my frame trellis. I have all my seeds bought and ready to plant. Fired up and ready to get it all done. Hope that everyone is having a good weekend. Catch ya all later Pat
Old 03-07-2009, 01:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Eny, I think for me I hit my slumps when things in my life beyond weight loss get more difficult. I am a stress eater, so it is harder for me to stick with what I know is healthy when I am under a lot of stress. When a new challenge starts it is fresh and the excitement tops the stress for awhile, but eventually that shifts. I have to work on putting myself first every single day, not just when something new starts. I don't what it may be for everyone else but I am interested in hearing other thoughts.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post

Melissa- I thought I read you werent happy with your weigh in. You lost so thats good!
I couldn't really remember what my last weigh in was....I have my weights all mixed up from the one from the doctor (which is in teh 250's) and the one from home which is in the 240's.....but I guess I lost 2 pounds so YAYYYY!!!

Eny - I closed the other thread......Awww... I hope poor Hunter doesn't think of less attention towards her as that you and Joe don't love her.....she is a smart young lady...I bet she will realize you and Joe love her just as much as that baby...but that the baby can't do anything for itself and depends 100% on you, Joe, and even her as a big sister! Maybe if she gets to help alot and you praise her for all the help it won't be as bad......I think the part that will really make her feel bad is when you are in the grocery or out to eat or something and people will make such a fuss over the baby and won't even look at her....it will be like she doesn't exist to them.....well some people anyways......You'll have to watch out for this and be able to throw her in the converstation......."Yes he/she is such a cute little baby......and he/she has a beautiful big sister to help take care of him/her...." or something like that.....LOL
Old 03-07-2009, 01:26 PM   #10  

WOW! I have to say I'm getting a slight bit worried about everyone

It really seems that so many people are in a huge slup.....and it seems like we are all having a really hard time getting up and taking control.....

I had a good challenge in mind...but I think I will save it and do something a bit different......I think we need something to pull us all up from our boot straps and get back on track....let me see what I can come up with....I will be right back.....
Old 03-07-2009, 01:50 PM   #11  

Unhappy Mini-Challenge #4

Mini-Challenge #4

**2 Pound Challenge**

All right everyone..... Drill Master Melissa is here, and we all need a good butt kickin' for the way we have been dragging our heels!

So, this week I'm challenging EVERYONE to a NO EXCUSES 2 pound challenge. This means that EVERYONE needs to work their butts off and try to lose at least TWO POUNDS!

NOW....that boils down to 7,000 calories in a week.....a measly little 1,000 calories per day to cut somehow......I KNOW that everyone one of you are strong enough to figure out how to LOSE 1,000 calories from your day....

Come one guys...it is ONE week....and maybe just maybe this is the week that will get us all back on track and ready and motivated for our next challenge.....that is right....the END of the second challenge of the year is quickly approaching!

So here is your assignment:

Go to here --> http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser...mr/index.shtml

and get your BMR. For those of you who don't know.....your BMR is the amount of calories your body would burn PER DAY if all you did was lay in bed and sleep all day long! NOW......subtract about 200 calories from that number.

This is the number of calories you need to eat per day for this weekly challenge....DO NOT GO BELOW 1200 CALORIES......

(for example...my BMR was 1900 and I'm committing myself to eating only 1700 calories per day)

Also....you need to burn at least 300 calories per day in INTENTIONAL EXERCISE!

You can go HERE --> http://www.nutritiondata.com/tools/calories-burned
to get a rough estimate of the calories you have burned in your activity.....make sure you only look at the calories burned during the activity cause it will list some other stuff......like BMR which we are using from TBL website.....so you will ignore that info from this other website....

IF YOU ARE WORKING OUT ON A MACHINE THAT COUNTS YOUR CALORIES BURNED YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO GO TO THE ABOVE WEBSITE.

Alright people....now if you really have ever wanted to lose weight.....then lets fully commit to this challenge. It is ONLY one week! I know you all can burn/lose an 1,000 calories from your day following this plan or one of your own.....lets do this and kick some butt this week and close out this challenge with some dignity!

And get ready for the next challenge!

To show that you are accepting this challenge....come here and post your plan for this week...
#1. Calories per day you will be eating
#2. Water/Vitamin consumption goals
#3. Exercise commitment for the week

Think of this as your BINDING contract for the week!
Old 03-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #12  

My "NO EXCUSES" plan for this week......

#1. Eat 1700 calories per day or less (total calories for the week = 11900)
#2. Drink at least 20 ounces of water per day!
#3. One hour per day at one of the following **Gym**, **walking while pushing my daughter in her stroller**, or **60 minutes of cardio workout videos and strength training at home**
#4. I will report my progress here daily and at the end of the week.

I am VOWING to myself and to all of you that I CAN do this plan for 7 days! I WILL lose at least 2 pounds this week.

Anyone care to join me????

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 03-07-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Okay, my "no excuses" plan is as follows...

1. Stick to our new household lifestyle of "no white stuff" as prescribed by my daughter's doctor--no calorie goals, but if I stick to what the doctor has outlined for us I will lose weight. I am just having trouble getting off sugar, but this is it I am going into detox TODAY. I have the raging headache to prove it.

2. Hit the track 6 mornings to complete the half marathon training for the week (I burn over 500 calories each morning doing just that).

3. At least 4-5 bottles of water daily.

I started a reward box like many of you ladies have done, but mine will be tied to non-scale goals to reward positive behaivors. The only time a weight will be rewarded is when I hit a goal that is on my ticker below. So, right now i am striving for a solid week of doing my half marathon training because I really, really need to get on the ball with that.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:52 PM   #14  

Purple - I can't imagine any doctor actually telling you to completely cut something out cold turkey just like that.....If you have trouble doing it that way....DO NOT be afraid to set up a plan to ween yourself off....cold turkey is hard....and anytime I (or anyone I have known) has completely cut something out of their diet like that usually sets them up for a binge.....Definately do what your doctor says....but I would get a second opinion from a nutritionist if I were you....

Also....good job having a plan for the week.....just think...okay 7 days that is it...that is all I have to do....7 days of this right here...and I bet you lose at least 2 pounds this week

Eny - I think the reason we lose steam is this..... We start out a new challenge all rip roaring and ready to go.......we have our goal weight in place and no what we want to lose by the end of the challenge.....AND we have our food and exercise goals in place to reach that weight loss....we start off and everything is going well.......then we hit a crossroads.....one of two things happens

#1. We didn't lose weight or enough weight during week # X
#2. We are pushing ourselves too hard and not allowing for a break

So.....instead of looking at our calories/exercise/or other issues or taking a break and maybe even having a splurge meal.....we go on a binge.....that binge leads us to say...."Why exercise today...I didn't eat worth a crap..." and then one day turns to two....turns to three....etc.....and before you know it the week is gone....then two weeks...then the challenge.....Then we get all hyped up for the new challenge and say... "I won't let that happen to me this time" We start fresh with new goals and everything and low and behold it happens again.

I think everyone should at the beginning of each week...post their start weight for the week....along with their goals for weight loss...food....exercise...etc. for the week...and that they should be realistic.....nothing you can't make up....for example...If I want to work out 7 days this week for 30 minutes...that is dooable....but if I miss a day it is still no big deal cause I can work out for an hour one day....it doesn't have to derail my whole week...

AND I dont' think we reward ourselves enough when we do something great.....I know so many people look down on a 1 -2 pound weight loss...they think....Oh I worked so hard this week and only lost 2 pounds....HELLO...like I said before....2 pounds a week is over 100 pounds lost in one year! Reward yourself for ANY loss....go get your nails/hair/fill in the blank done...pamper yourself...make yourself feel beautiful and worth all that hard work your doing

Anyways.....Eny asked and that is my two cents.....LOL

So....does anyone else have some ideas that may help????

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 03-07-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:18 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

My "NO EXCUSES" plan for this week......

#1. Eat 1300 calories per day or less (total calories for the week = 11900)
#2. Drink at least 60 ounces of water per day!
#3. Minimum of 30 minutes of exercise at least 6 days this week. Usually WII or walk on treadmil

I am up for the challenge as I need to get back in gear and hopefully this will help

Last edited by ChopperChick355; 03-07-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Closed Thread