Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 09:12 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Smile March chat

Hey everyone - I haven't been on the boards much in the past couple of weeks but my goal this month is to be on more often.

My leg is getting better with physio so I am planning to go back to dance class and to walk to work in April.

How are all of you doing these days?
Old 03-03-2009, 10:36 PM   #2  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Hey mauvaisroux

Things are going peachy here. I am down to 214! I've been eating OP just kind of slacking with the exercise, but that will come soon!

Hope all is well with you & everyone else.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:56 PM   #3  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Hi everyone. I hope we're all OP and working out. I got back into it after a week of bingeing. I felt icky, but now I feel good.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/164/140

Height: 5'8"

Robot - I think we all need the occasional week off the wagon, just to remind us of how bad that sort of thing makes us feel! I used to feel really guilty when I fell off, but now I'm kind of glad when I do. It really reinforces why I do not want to be like that anymore.

I have fallen in love - with my collar bones! I have my collar bones back! They started showing up in December, but they're visable full time now! According to the scale, I'm down another 2-3 pounds, but I'm positive I have lost a pound or two more than that of fat - I have been working my butt off (literally!) in dance class and I have built up some muscle in my tush and thighs.

I have been eating well, with the occasional bit of junk just to keep me from getting a bad craving (I had some Jelly Bellies last week). I have been eating more than I planned to, but it's because I'm really hungry, not just bored. I have been doing a minimum of 6 1/2 hours of dance classes a week, so I think I need a bit more calories from all that activity. I have been mostly sticking to things like apples or carrots though, when the hunger hits.

BP
Old 03-08-2009, 10:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

hey mauvaisroux-glad to hear physio is helping &ur getting better. really sucks to be involuntarily sedentary, right?
congrats on ur loss, wormwood-maybe the urge to exercise will kick in when spring finally does!
yeah, bingeing is just gnarly but happens to the best of us..might be a good idea to view it positively like bopeep..i am considering a re-go at therapy tho cuz there's gotta be some underlying issues and not just bad reacurring patterns there
hey bopeep hurrah 4 collarbones!--heard they were the new cleavage
me not so hot but should be smokin as of may--lookin forward to (hesitantly mind you) 4 weeks of intense treatment at the clinic. that's bout it!
hope u guyses have more spring than we do
toodle pip!
Old 03-10-2009, 08:42 PM   #6  

Congratulations Wormwood!

Bopeep - re: collarbones - great NSV!

Robot - good for you for staying on plan!

Janda - I never thought I liked exercised until I was unable to do it - go figure. Good luck with your treatment!
Old 03-11-2009, 12:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/ticker/140

Well, I was laywaid badly by getting an acute upper respiratory infection, then shifting into a sinus infection with a stomach problem not yet identified immediately after. I've been out of school for 2 weeks.

Good news is that I have dropped a few pounds from being sick, and I'm at 9 lbs until I get to my mini goal of being under 280. I'm enjoying bellydancing and my weight training, but my normal exercise buddy had to quit on me due to scheduling conflicts. It's easier and more fun when you do it with someone.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:21 PM   #8  

I almost learned to fly today. We have crazy wind today (gusting up to 95kph) and I went out in it to go to my dance class - yikes! Several times I had to actually run to keep my feet under me or else I would have been blown over.

Boy, it sounds like this place needs a round of healing vibes! Injuries and illnesses are no fun ever, and when you're trying to stay on plan with an exercise program, then they suck ten times more! I hope everyone gets better soon with their physio/clinic/chicken soup!

Gypsy - I'm glad you're enjoying your belly dancing! Isn't it fun!! It's definitely easier to stick with a program when you have a buddy, but you still have fun by yourself. Load up on some music and listen to something fun while you work out.

I had a strange sort of fun today sorting out my clothes. I got my spring stuff out and tried a lot of things on and they were too big for me. Then I dug into the deepest darkest recesses of my closet, where I keep the old clothes I loved, but had gotten too big for, and started trying them on. A lot of them fit!!! I haven't worn some of those things in ten years or more (ok, so they're not exactly hip and stylish, but I don't care, I love them).

BP
Old 03-12-2009, 11:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

duuuuude-bopeep! that is the best feeling ever. enjoy!
mauvais- yeah, same for me..like that song goes "donno what u got till it's gone..." (corny, but true!)
get better gypsy!
Old 03-15-2009, 11:36 PM   #10  

Hey all - I hope you have been having this nice weather I am enjoying!

I am soooo tired today! I have been running around like crazy doing all kinds of errands. It is nice and sunny and so springlike that I cannot stay indoors. I went to my dance class yesterday, then walked to the grocery store and the DVD rental store. Today, DH and I walked and did some more errands and just enjoyed the warm sun. Tomorrow is supposed to be more of the same, so I think I will walk downtown and get myself a few things I need there.

I have also been starting all my seeds - (I am an obsessed gardener). I have dozens of baby tomato plants poking up (I will probably have over 200). I only need a couple of dozen for myself, but I grow some for some friends and I sell lots on Craigslist to fund my hobby/obsession.

BP
Old 03-16-2009, 01:46 PM   #11  

Hi all!

I am so excited! I finally found a WiiFit this weekend! They are so hard to get at the moment so I really lucked out. I have used it twice so far and it is fun!

Bopeep - I am an amateur gardener so I've been learning as I go for the last couple of summers. I am starting to look at gardening books this week to prep for Spring planting.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 183/172/140

Height: 5'5''

Yay! Spring planting. I just bought some veggie seeds today, but I'm not as far into preparation as bopeep. I'll be buying a few plants, too. We are going to put in some more fruit trees in the backyard this Spring. I have a very Venusian flower garden w/ a couple of dwarf apple trees in the front yard that needs sprucing up right now. Isn't Spring just the best?!
Old 03-17-2009, 11:58 AM   #13  

mauvaisroux - congrats on snagging a wii fit! I've been thinking about getting one, but they are on the pricy side and we have had some huge dental bills for DH lately... What do you grow in your garden?

shrinkingviolet - I wish I had room for some fruit trees! We live downtown and so space is at a premium. We are really lucky to have a ground floor flat with a back courtyard, so I make the most of that.

Yesterday was one of those bad days/good days. Poor DH had the bad day - last week he had some dental surgery (a gingival graft to repair the damage done to his gums by years of hard brushing) done and it was healing wery well, but all of a sudden, the roof of his mouth started bleeding, and it didn't stop for almost nine hours. He fely pretty crappy from the blood loss, the lack of sleep and the anxiety, so we spent the day vegging in front of some DVDs.

The good part of yesterday is that when I went to return the DVDs, I discovered that the video store was closing and selling off thier entire inventory for $2-4. The DVDs I returned were the entire first season of Heroes, so I grabbed them back and bought them for $4!! Most of the really good stuff was gone (I wish I had been able to grab some Kurosawa films), but I did get about 30 other movies for $2 each. Two first two Pink Panther movies, a whole bunch of James Bond flics, Subway, Roadkill, Lawrence of Arabia, The Running Man... The bad part of this is of course that this store is closing, and it was the best one locally. Now All I have left is a Blockbuster and a very overpriced place with a good selection. Good selection means zilch if I won't rent from them because of their prices.

BP
Old 03-17-2009, 12:37 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 183/172/140

Height: 5'5''

Do you have Netflix up there? If not you must have something similar. I love Netflix, you just order online and receive your movies in the mail and mail them back when you are done.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:06 AM   #15  

We do have something like Netflix, but it is really crappy. It's not well located (makes mailing times way too long), and the selection is not that great. They say they have this huge list to chose from, but in reality, all the ones you really want are never available. I don't think this video store closing will bother me as much as it might have a couple of years ago. In the last couple of years the price of DVDs has really come down, and we can buy a lot of ones we like for $10 or so, and even ones for $4-5. And I can always buy obscure ones off Amazon sellers. So while I wish this store had been able to stick around, I will survive.

BP
Closed Thread