Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2002, 08:45 PM   #1  
a brave new me...

Angry Movin' Our Booties! Exercise Support

See, I like change and newness... so I am starting another new thread.

This is how it is... I hate to exercise. I hate going to the gym. I hate the idea of exercising, even if it is something I actually like doing (like walking). BUT, the reality of the situation is that I MUST get my bootie moving in order to drop the pounds for good. So, I need support and encouragement and inspiration to stick to an exercise plan.

I recently purchased three exercise videos: Bellydance: Fitness for Beginners, Afro-Brazilian Cardio, and Chi Energy for Beginners (t'ai chi). All three are great workouts for someone out of shape and are really FUN! I actually enjoyed all three tapes.

What are the rest of you doing for exercise?

Of course, sex is actually my favorite exercise and the only one I do regularly.
Old 09-10-2002, 09:59 PM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I walk to work and back home everyday. It is a twenty-five minute walk each way. I am planning of going back to my Bellydance classes on Saturday mornings starting in 2 weeks.
I also bought a book on Pilates but still have to read it which I will do in my copious amounts of free time
Old 09-11-2002, 05:02 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

hello darlings.
I'm dedicated to going to the Y at least 3 times a week. For at least an hour. And as I'm at an all-time high, I'm going to do more stuff around the house and less napping. My energy level is WAY down, and I know it's synonymous with being fat and inactive.
Old 09-11-2002, 05:14 AM   #4  
Must Shrink.

I have to deliver newspapers 6 days a week, and I'm walking it again as it has become too dark in the morning to bike. Walking (I walk fast) really helps me maintain most of my weight loss from last year. I also don't drive, and bike around town for errands. Next Tues. I start Yoga, to nurture my slightly bent out of shape spirit. I don't like the gym either.

Never liked sweating much, on purpose...

Oh! I almost forgot. I'm registering Hubby and myself for a Sacred Circle Dancing weekend on Oct. 5th. We'll be dancing all weekend and eating yummy vegetarian food. Circle Dancing is great for all ages, sizes and skill. You choose your comfort level, John prefers the difficult fast ones and I like the slower meditative ones...

Just hope there is room.

L

Last edited by Lamorgan; 09-11-2002 at 05:23 AM.
Old 09-11-2002, 06:48 AM   #5  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

I walk at least 3 times a day, but really try to get in five to seven days. Very rarely seven! When I can afford to get started at the gym I will go three times a week to start. Need to get this fat butt movin too.
Virginia
Old 09-11-2002, 10:47 PM   #6  
a brave new me...

Talking I'm so proud

Tonight DH convinced me to go for a speedy 3 mile walk. We had a discussion the other day and agreed that if I walked the 5k in the upcoming local marathon then he would run the 1/2 marathon. Oh, did I forget to mention that dh is Mr. Athlete and teaches cycle classes several times a week and bodybuilds and was recently certified as a personal trainer? So... I know that I can physically do a 5k (which is a little over 3 miles) but I am terrified that I will come in dead LAST. The race weekend is just a few weeks away so I really need to get my rear in gear. Of course, last night dh went out and ran seven miles averaging about eight minute miles... no problem... even though he hasn't run all season. I on the other hand dragged my bootie through three miles and I was lucky to be under EIGHTEEN minutes a mile. Well, I guess I have to give myself credit for just getting out there and doing it. Who knows... maybe next year we will both run the full marathon!!

Anyone else want to set some fitness goals??
Old 09-12-2002, 09:53 PM   #7  
a brave new me...

Angry More exercise...

Today I only did my 20 minute t'ai chi tape, which I really enjoy. It is not an intense work out but it is great for toning and I feel so energized when I am finished. I may go for a quick walk yet tonight.

Old 09-13-2002, 07:36 AM   #8  

Sojo, you're doing great!
I'm going to the Y this morning. Third time this week. I've got really good muscle pain in my chest and upper arms, and I'm proud to say that I can now walk on the treadmill without holding on.
Hey, even if you ARE last on the 5 K, the thing is that you'll have DONE it! And the next one will be easier. And your DH will be so proud of you... and so will we!

Fitness goals... let me think about what I could do... maybe there's a walk or something coming up...

xoxo
Old 09-13-2002, 07:44 AM   #9  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I am horrible about sticking to fitness goals. I have a much easier time controling what I eat. I have tai chi tapes at home, I will dig those out. I like to walk and ride my bike, but I haven't felt like doing that much lately. I am going to do a 5k walk in a few weeks. It is for the American Heart Association. A few of us from work are walking in honor of our co-worker (and friend )'s husband who had a heart transplant a few months ago. He is doing well I am very happy to say.
Old 09-15-2002, 02:09 PM   #10  
a brave new me...

Unhappy Well...

I haven't exercised all weekend, however, last night I was out on the town with some alternachicky friends and danced like a crazy fool for quite awhile. Of course, this probably only burned off the... ummm... slightly excessive amounts of alcohol that I consumed. But we sure did have fun. Plus I was quite the hottie in the new outfit that I purchased yesterday. I am happy to report that I am sliding into size 14 skirts and pants. And I actually purchased a shirt at a juniors store! Granted it was an X-Large... but I was thrilled. PLUS I even got hit on by a few guys (whom I quickly sent packing) , despite the fact that I was out with some really thin, stunning women. So all in all it was a great night. Now the plan is to get back on the exercise track sometime today. I still feel like a zombie so a brisk walk may have to wait until tonight. :hypno2:

Last edited by Sojourner; 09-15-2002 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-15-2002, 02:41 PM   #11  

Sojo, you burning babe you!!! And sliding into a 14... whoooo hoooo!!!
Okay, keep up the pace and the good feeling... get exercising again, sweetie...
xoxo
Old 09-15-2002, 10:55 PM   #12  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Whooohoo! Way to go Sojo you bodacious babe you! Congrats on the size 14

Kudos to all you chickies who managed to exercise this week

I swear I am starting my exercise plan this week...really
Old 09-17-2002, 11:17 AM   #13  
Must Shrink.

Started a weekly Yoga class. Every Tues from 9:30 until 11.

I'm tired and limp.

Lois
Old 09-17-2002, 05:04 PM   #14  

Yay, Lois!!!
go girl!!
Old 09-17-2002, 08:36 PM   #15  
a work in progress...

4...count 'em...4 days in a row of exercise! I don't want to brag and get cocky about it, but MAN! those endorphins are flyin'!

WHOOOOSSSHH!
Closed Thread