Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 12:44 PM   #1  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default ~March Golden Girls~

We are about Fitness and Quality of Life after 50...
We are about Fun and Friendship after 50...

We are the Golden Girls...

There is Value in us
There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Tell us a little about your life, family and goals. What keeps you motivated? What is the best thing that's happened to you since you passed the 50 mark?
Friends laugh, cry and stand by each other, we'll be that to you!
Old 03-01-2009, 03:02 AM   #2  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

Just got back from staying with Corbin and Maddie while mommy and daddy went out for the evening. Fun to get to spend time with the kids.

So, thought I'd jump on here and say hello.

It was kind of chilly here yesterday. Supposed to get down in the 30's tonight.

Starting to get sleepy ~ better quit fooling around on here and get to bed.

Hope you all are having a nice weekend.

Take care
Old 03-01-2009, 09:56 AM   #3  
Bobbi

Good Morning........we're on our way to church, then it's "Family go to meetin' day".
Tomorrow I'm going to start counting calories again, I jumped on the scale this morning and I'm up 4 pounds, Not as bad as January.
See ya all tomorrow, have a good week=end.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:09 PM   #4  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

So far we have had a little bit of snow but certainly nothing lion-like as yet. Just have to wait and see I guess.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Hello all,

Just got back from staying with Corbin and Maddie while mommy and daddy went out for the evening. Fun to get to spend time with the kids.

So, thought I'd jump on here and say hello.

It was kind of chilly here yesterday. Supposed to get down in the 30's tonight.

Starting to get sleepy ~ better quit fooling around on here and get to bed.

Hope you all are having a nice weekend.

Take care
Hi Gayle, I'm sure you had a wonderful time with your grandbabies. I'm so happy for you. Wish I had some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Good Morning........we're on our way to church, then it's "Family go to meetin' day".
Tomorrow I'm going to start counting calories again, I jumped on the scale this morning and I'm up 4 pounds, Not as bad as January.
See ya all tomorrow, have a good week=end.
Hi Bobbi, The only way I can keep it real is to count calories. That new research report validates that this is what really matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post

So far we have had a little bit of snow but certainly nothing lion-like as yet. Just have to wait and see I guess.
Hi Linda, I think the lion is on its way to my neck of the woods. We're supposed to get 10-18 inches tonight.

I had a GREAT time with my DF from NC. We saw Slumdog - I did NOT like it. WAY too violent for my taste. My friend told me about "meet-up" and I'm going to try some of the get-togethers.

Have a great day everyone,

Lynn
Old 03-02-2009, 08:30 AM   #6  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

Must admit that I have no desire to see Slumdog, LYNN -- it just doesn't sound like my kind of movie. I imagine it is an excellent film, but that does not mean that everyone would enjoy it.

Guess our March lion actually did show up yesterday -- things are certainly looking all white and fresh out there this morning. A little too white and fresh for my taste -- wonder what kind of junk will arrive today because they still have the same kind of forecast posted.

Hope you all have a great Monday.

Last edited by meowee; 03-02-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

That is one BIG Lion!!!!

We're working on 10 inches here in PA. I need to resolve to NOT having a shut-in, TV-watching, food-grazing, snow day!

Lynn
Old 03-02-2009, 08:59 AM   #8  
Onward and Downward

Nothing wrong with the staying in and TV watching -- just no grazing -- think I'll knit socks to keep my hands occupied. Definitely need to string two good OP eating days together for a change.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Guess it's still morning....hi all...still sick. Have canceled bridge today and tomorrow. Can do one thing at a time like breath or walk or breath and talk, but can't do both at once. Would you believe I have company????? And don't know when he's leaving. Have more coming in Saturday so JW better be gone long enough for me to change the sheets. Let me tell you it took a 1/2 day getting bed made up for him yesterday. Eating is limited and way below plan, keeping up the fluids and I just can't think Beachy yet.

Looked on weather map at all that snow with more coming. It is cool here and quite windy, but sunny. Just remember Sat night to change your clocks. Spring will come...honest it will.

I've read everyones notes will get back to you all later. Need a nap. Stay warm and cozy inside today......Karen3
Old 03-02-2009, 12:04 PM   #10  
Bobbi

Good Morning Girls!
All you in today's snow belt have fun shoveling snow, great exercise!
I weighed my peach this morning, logged it in with my fiber one cereal and yogurt.............what a drag! On another site a gal wrote in about getting rid of belly fat, I can't remember if we ever discussed it here. I'd like your opinion on belly fat. I personally don't think I'll ever get rid of it. I'm at my lowest weight in years, do a least 30 tummy exercises daily (except Sunday) can wear size 6 comfortably and I still have belly fat. When I was dressing for church yesterday I happened to look in the mirror while nude. My tummy sticks out as far as my sagging boobs when standing sideways. I still have to wear a 'tummy flattener' underwear under my panty hose. Do you all have problems with your tummy fat after losing weight? Joan Rivers has some funny jokes about older women's boobs that hang to waistlines, I can't think of them now.
The article below is nothing new to most of us, we all lose weight following different diet plans. The biggest problem with not only me but probably everyone is that we're going to gain it back unless we are constantly on guard. I hate that, but Lynn's article backs it up.
Bruce wants Chicken Pot Pies for supper, I'm going to see if I can find a calorie friendly recipe now that I'm back to counting calories.
Have a great start to March everyone!

Quote:
New Study Spills the Secret to Weight Loss

A major study published today in the New England Journal of Medicine reveals the real secret to weight loss.

For two years, 811 overweight participants followed one of four reduced-calorie diets-low carb, high carb, low protein or high protein-so researchers could determine the best formula for weight loss. They exercised for 90 minutes a week and tracked their calories online, too. A funny thing happened: All of the participants lost weight! What they ate didn't seem to matter, but healthy habits like portion control and tracking calories helped them drop an average of nine pounds and two inches off their waists.

What does this mean for you? No more food combining, no low-carbing, no giving up your favorite foods, no special "diet" foods or food restrictions--eat whatever you want (within your calorie range) and you can still lose weight. This study supports tracking your food, eat all foods in moderation and develop healthy lifestyle habits, like portion control, that you can live with forever.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #11  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello people. That study was on the news the other day. I chuckled to myself because I knew that all along. Anyone who counts calories knows it really works.

We have a grand March day here. Rain, freezing rain, snow, freezing rain again, freezing drizzle, ice pellets, slush. Ha, ha, at least it isn't -30 degrees C. I had a dentist appointment to get crowned early this morning and was a bit concerned about the road conditions but they weren't too bad as it was just raining lightly when I was driving. Supper time the rain changed to freezing rain and I was glad I was home and not on the road.

My friend and I visited another friend at the hospital this afternoon while we were in town. When we went into the room there were 3 beds in the room. We went to our friend and greeted her and then the woman in the bed across from her called out to us. She is from our town and we both knew her also. Then the older woman in the bed across from our friend had a sister that lived in our town and her 2 nieces were there and we knew them. While we were visiting another woman came in to visit the woman across from us and we knew her also. It was getting to be a regular hen party. The poor woman in the bed across from our friend has been in hospital since January 9. She was at her husbands funeral and before the service began she went downstairs in the church and slipped on the stairs. She broke her leg, her arm and her collar bone and another bone near the collar bone. She never got to the funeral, needless to say and now has to go home to an empty house. I taught both of her grandchildren when they were in grade 1 and she was a "regular" at the school picking up the kids and volunteering with the breakfast program. She's hoping to get home in about 2 weeks.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Catch you all later.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:20 PM   #12  
Onward and Downward

Wow . . . for a change we are having the same weather and the same time. Delightful, eh?
Old 03-02-2009, 06:04 PM   #13  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

Was cold here this morning too. 28* when I first got up. Brrrrrrrr

I started the water aerobics class this morning ~ I loved it. Probably a good thing I have a scheduled exercise instead of doing it when I get to it kind of plan. Seems like I never get around to it. I stepped on the scale this morning and weight was up like 5 pounds. I don't remember being that bad. Oh well ~ one day at a time.

Getting ready for work. Hope it is a good night.

Take care all
Old 03-03-2009, 01:07 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 200/200/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi all,
Temperatures here have plummeted even faster than the local economy ... it was freezing today. Nothing scheduled for tomorrow so am planning to apply for more jobs and then go back to cleaning/packing around the apartment ... oh yes, and go to the gym!
Old 03-03-2009, 06:14 AM   #15  

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,
At least the weather here has a limited menu. It either drizzles or rains, and the dull grey gloom is an all-day event.
Glynne, I am sorry that you gained the lbs but don't at least remember enjoying whatever brought them on. It may not even be anything you ate.
I'm at work (lunchbreak), but hope to get some time in on the Wii Fit tonight.
Did 1 1/2 hours in the garden last night as it was dry for once, and there are a few muscles aching that I had forgotten I had, so exercize it is for me!
Closed Thread