Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-05-2009, 12:56 PM   #1  
Liane

S/C/G: 201/190/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Exercise DVD

Some of these really suck!

I am looking for a good cardio workout DVD. Preferably low impact (no jumping or lots of bouncing as my boobs will smack me in the face ).

Any of you do these and have a favorite or one that you have done in the past you want to recommend? There are just so many out there it is hard to choose. Right now I have one of the Biggest loser ones but the cardio is only 10 minutes and I really do not think that 10 minutes is enough. I, also, have a balance ball one (that I absolutely love) but again the cardio is only 10 minutes. I have combined them and that is fine but I get sick of doing the same thing over and over too.

Thanks ya'all!
leenoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:06 PM   #2  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Well let me actually ask your opinion because I ordered the first Biggest Loser dvd on Amazon and am anxiously awaiting its arrival--is it a good dvd? I'll probably mix in some treadmill time to make up for the shortage of cardio but other than that?
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

I really like The Biggest Loser first work out DVD. It has 2 cardio sections that are about 20 to 25 mins long. One is 'low intesity', the other is 'high intesity'. It also has a 20 min strength and sculp, and a 20 min boot camp. I'll often do the low intensity cardio with the strength section.

I also am loving Jillian Michael's DVD's too. My cable company has like 6 different work outs from her in their On Demand section.

I also have 2 crunch Dance cardio DVD's that I do once in a while - I seriously cant dance, and so I suck at those work outs

I've been alternating with TBL DVD and the Jillian Michael's workouts for the past 3 weeks, and have noticed a big difference

Last edited by Lizzyg; 03-05-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #4  

I really like the walk away the pounds dvds. You can find them at different levels of intensity, so if you are more advanced than the beginner, you should be able to find one that will help. They get my heart going and no flying boobs! :-)
Happygirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:23 PM   #5  

You can get a really good workout at home with the right videos. I like the Turbo Jam series and anything from The Firm is guaranteed to kick your butt. My sister saw better results doing the Firm at home than she got at the gym but I'm sure mileage will vary by individual.

I'm going to go check out the On Demand section of my cable. It would be fun to throw in something different from time to time.

Also, I just joined the gym and it's totally screwed up my workout routine. Since I have young kids who can't be left alone at home, it's hard to get over there and exercise. Yet I feel if I work out at home instead of the gym that I'm wasting money (I only signed us up for a 3 month trial though). I've decided to just work out at home most days.
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:31 PM   #6  
Aiming to be a better me

S/C/G: 310/310/130

Height: 5'6.5

I have all the Hip Hop Abs. ITs not bouncing like jumping but you do sqat down alot.

I also have 2 Jillian Michaels Taps. And they are great but one of them is alot of work. Its the hips buns and theigh one. Its in a yellow case. But the pink one. Arms, Stomach, and Theighs, I think it is. Would be great for you.
shatteredfallendove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:37 PM   #7  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I really like Leslie Sansone's Walk away the pounds DVDs also. She incorporates strength building as well as the cardio. I got a little tired of the same 3 walk away the pounds routines that I had been doing so I got one of her new DVDs that has 5 routines that you can do separately or mix and match. http://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sansone...6278050&sr=8-1
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:38 PM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I would recommend looking at the fitness video subforums:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=178
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:38 PM   #9  
Liane

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchievictim View Post
Well let me actually ask your opinion because I ordered the first Biggest Loser dvd on Amazon and am anxiously awaiting its arrival--is it a good dvd? I'll probably mix in some treadmill time to make up for the shortage of cardio but other than that?
I have The Biggest Loser 2 The Workout.

I really like the fact that you can mix and match and make your own. Like I said..my only complaint is the short cardio section.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:40 PM   #10  
Liane

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
I would recommend looking at the fitness video subforums:
Thanks for the direction! As you can tell I am pretty new here.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

You could also consider purchasing a mini-stepper, which would cost the same as buying 2-3 cardio dvds

There are definitely a lot of low impact cardio dvds out there, as well as dvds with longer workout sessions on the stability ball
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: S 225 / C 192 / G 140

Height: 5'8"

I'm a big fan of Kathy Smith weight loss work outs, Weight Loss Workout for Dummies, and some Denise Austin dance workouts. They aren't too high impact but enough to feel like you got some good exercise and it's as difficult as you want to make it.
healthierme78 is offline   Reply With Quote