South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 06:58 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Clucks and Peeps

Good morning! (I guess I shouldn't mention Peeps because I'm sure they are starting to show up in the stores. Luckily I don't like them but they ARE cute.)

Another sunny and cold day in the works right now. We are heading into a mild spell starting tomorrow so I'm hoping for hints of Spring next week. I peeked and know there are daffies coming up under the leaves and snow at the side walk.

Donna comes this morning to tackle my upstairs "shag" rugs. Quilting is such a messy business! The dogs and I will try to stay out of her way. I have the Church Bulletin to do and also want to get my seed starting cranked up. It's definitely time to start some of the perennial seeds if I'm to have plants for the sale in May. I may do some basil and mesclun mix to eat before the outdoor season begins. I love going to the basement to pick a salad!

Right now it's time to organize the trash and get it out there. The lads have been coming a bit earlier now that the mornings are brighter. Of course, that will change next week when the time switches.

Happy Thursday.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning on this bright and cheery morning!

I started right in doing the laundry this morning and am preparing Jake's supper for tonight, besides cooking a spaghetti squash for my supper and downloading some recipes my daughter sent me. My first cup of coffee got cold in the process, so I'm just now sitting down with a fresh hot cup.

Ruth, Jake has a few packages of those peeps ageing in the pantry from last year. He claims the only way to eat them is if they're stale. (But then, he likes those awful Circus Peanuts, too.) They don't tempt me in the least, I've never cared for them. Now if you're talking chocolate, that's another story!
Old 03-05-2009, 07:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/See Ticker/152

Height: 5'8"

Goodmorning. I was going to say "another bright, beautiful day", but the sun just disappeared. They are calling for rain later today, so I'd better get a walk in soon.

I'm having new kitchen counters installed shortly, so I need to start taking all my kitchen stuff off my makeshift plywood counter. I'm soooo excited, I haven't had a kitchen counter or sink for 2 years now.

I am going to start going through pictures to hang on the living room walls as well. We built a house last year, so I haven't got around to decorating. I think it's time to make this house a home.

Have a good day!
Old 03-05-2009, 07:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Peeps, Circus Peanuts --mmmm.

What a way to start the day!

Daffies are my favorite, Ruth. It's a sure sign that spring is on the way.

Cottage: I usually end up nuking my first cup of tea or coffee. My favorite cup is the one I get when I get home after taking Auston to school. Good to the last drop!

Me: I have laundry to do today. Lots of laundry. I'm also delivering clothes to a friend. My MIL has a problem -- she buys clothes she never wears. Nice, expensive clothes! Every season she gives away BAGS of clothes with tags still attached! I don't get it! I'm delivering 5 bags of plus sized 16/18/20 clothes to a friend. I'm way too cheap and practical for all that.

Hope your day is beautiful!

Good Morning, Steen! No sink for 2 years??? Ouch!

Last edited by Chelby29; 03-05-2009 at 07:51 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:57 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's bright and sunny out but I know it's still very cold. Looks like we are getting that warm turn though starting this afternoon. With that and the time change I will be able to walk outside again in the afternoons. I love walking outside

Ruth - Thanks for the seed starting reminder I am so looking forward to green plants

Cottage - I think peeps are only good for those dioramas that people make. I can't imagine actually eating them. I also feel that way about twinkies though, so what do I know

Steen - I hope your sun comes back!

Barb

Today is a little skewed for me. I'm working until 7ish so going in a little late. I'm going to hop on the treadmill after posting then do a few things around here before heading out.

Right now I'm enjoying the bright sun gleaming on the ice coating on the trees. Looking forward to the sun shining through the maple leaves
Old 03-05-2009, 08:02 AM   #6  
Jenny

S/C/G: 319/309/150

Height: 5'4

Afternoon here ladies!!!

Ruth: Luckily the brits have not been introduced to peeps and long may it last!!!! Although I do miss the peep a thon lead up to easter. They are daft for cadbury's cream eggs and I've heard tales of them being battered and deep fried over here.

Cottage: I hate a cold cup of coffee. The office was so cold that by the time I sat down with mine, it was icey. I ended up having to nuke it! Yuk.

Steen: Enjoy your decorating! I hope it all goes well with your counter!

Chelby: If you've got room in the machine, I'll ship some of my laundry over as well

Cyndi: Your weather sounds lovely. Enjoy your morning!

As for moi: busy day on the counter. Beginning of the financial year for tax and all the enquries are pouring in. It was snowing big fat flakes but the sun has defiantly poked itself out of clouds! Better get back to my post. See you later troops!

Old 03-05-2009, 08:16 AM   #7  

What in the world is a "peep"?
Old 03-05-2009, 08:16 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Cute title, Ruth! Love "going to the basement to snip a salad!" Sounds like a bright and happy morning. I'm looking forward to the thaw myself.

The Peeps don't tempt me either, although I think they're adorable and their bright colors make me loooooong for spring. You are such a busy woman, Cottage! I don't know how you do it!!!

Steen, what an exciting day! What kind of counters did you go with? I'm torn--our kitchen is done except for the counters (which are currently a white laminate...you can only imagine!).

Chelby, sounds like a fun task...I love clothes!

Gotta go...a student met me at the door!
Old 03-05-2009, 08:32 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Steen, Peeps are disgusting little marshmallow chicks. We didn't have them in Canada until a few years ago. I really don't know what the fuss is about except they do look cute.
Here ya go....
http://images.chron.com/blogs/whiteh...ives/peeps.jpg
Old 03-05-2009, 08:45 AM   #10  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

OK, so I just totally lost all my personals and don't have time to rewrite them..... I don't like peeps, they always have them here for every holiday in different shapes...and did I mention- yuck?! They are cute though as others have said! lol

For me, just working, no time to get myself fixed up yesterday so I am hoping to have time to do it today! My roots are shining! and my nails look awful- terrible when its what you do for a living and can't find the time for yourself!!!!!

I think this morning is going to be a refried bean breakfast, something I haven't had in forever- but thanks to Cyndi's breakfast thread I am thinking a great super fast idea Thanks chic!

Off to get ready for work! have a great day ladies!

ETA- Here is a peep show!!! LMAO

Last edited by rdw1; 03-05-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:29 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

morning chickies... wow what a nice morning! going up to plus 7 today! woo! bring out the swimming suits lol... thats about 44 to our American friends. my hubbys American and he still converts it to know if its hot lololol. peeps dont interest me... my kids like them but i find them gross. its the cadbury cluck cluck easter eggs thats my downfall... i just wont get chocolate for the kids this easter lol... well no time for personals, takes me forever to scroll back to what everyone said lol. no sink? i'd go nuts. i cant even go to bed with dishes in the sink lol. daffies?? great! i love flowers, just not in my yard. my nanny was the same way, she didnt like flowers either. im just looking around for my motivation... cant seem to find it anywhere... has anyone seen it?? lol

stacy xxx

Last edited by dreaminstacy67; 03-05-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:54 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Okay, ladies, I have to admit to eating a cute little blue peep last week. I usually don't like them, but he was too cute not to eat. Oh great, another reason to stuff my face, because the food is "cute". I do love looking at the peep dioramas and watching the peep videos and experiments on youtube. Too fun!

Ruth: Sounds like a great start to the day! I pick my salads out of the bay window in the spring, but it's just as refreshing and fulfilling regardless of where it's grown, I'm sure. Enjoy your morning!

Cottage: I do that all the time. It's a good thing I tend to overestimate my drinking habits when I put the coffee on. Or maybe I'm not overestimating them at all... I hope you have a wonderful day!

Steen: How exciting that your kitchen counters are coming! I don't know if DH would be able to deal with me after two years without a sink or counters! What kind are you getting?!

Chelby: I just don't understand why people do that. I guess if you just shop to shop, you could get into the habit. I typically only buy what I really love, so the price tag comes off and the item goes straight into the laundry pile and then circulation. Good luck tackling Mt. Saint Washmore!

Cyndi: Hi, friend! I love late mornings that let me get some extra things done, but I hate having to stay at work late! I guess I'm hoping that the country will transition to a 10-4 workday! Enjoy your day and what sounds like a peaceful landscape this morning!

Jenny: Lucky you. We just got out of our tax collection season for property taxes and things are finally starting to slow down. It was a bear this year with the economy going the way it is! I hope you have a great day and that the office has warmed up considerably.

Laurie: Eeew. White laminate. And I thought I had it bad with our speckled black laminate. That must be quite a chore to clean! I hope you have a great day!

Rikki: Thanks for the peep show! It made me giggle out loud...again! You girls are always coming up with the funniest things! Enjoy your day and I hope you have time to get your nails and hair done.

Stacy: There will be no Easter chocolate in our house this year, either. Although, I've never had kids to blame it on for all the years that we did! I hope you find your motivation and here's some to get you started!

Barb: Yay! I'm glad things are over with and you can move on to the next stage in your life!

Me: It's 57*F and sunny here. The fires have been contained, from what I understand, and our volunteer dept. got to go home at 8:30 last night. The forest service is watching over it for now. I haven't heard that any homes were lost and I know that there were no injuries. What a blessing!

I have a Scentsy party to go to tonight, so I woke up early and rode the bike for 30 minutes. I'll be doing my weight circuit tonight right after work and then shower and head to the party.

The pastor of our church contacted me yesterday and asked me to pray about and consider teaching the 4 & 5 year old Sunday School class at the church. It is a tough decision to make and I want to give it careful thought. I love teaching Sunday School (used to teach 3rd grade after high school) and it would definitely help DH and I get more involved in the community, but I want to make sure it's a commitment I can stick to for the long haul. Any prayers and happy thoughts regarding this would be MUCH appreciated! (And any advice you have to offer would be great, too!)

Well...off to check the paperwork stack and see what needs to be tackled today!

~Kim
Old 03-05-2009, 10:15 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 314/314/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

Ruth: I love the being able to see the first flowers start to bloom. I don't have a green thumb what-so-ever, so I don't have any around my house, but I always look at others!

Steen: Hope the sun comes back and the rain doesn't last too long.

Cyndi: I hate working late. I am lucky and don't have that problem, but my mornings are never the same. I go to work anywhere from 5:30-7 am depending on the day of the week. I still get off at 5 every night.

Jenny: Hope the customers are nice! I can only imagine what they can be like at tax time.

Rikki: Hope you can find some time for yourself today.

Stacy:When I first saw you were excited about it getting to 7 plus today, I thought you were nuts! Then I read the rest of your post. Hope it stays up there for you! Sending some motivation your way!!

As for me, I am at work and luckily it is a quiet day. I am working on a menu for this weekend and next week and then a shopping list. I am in a dart league and we meet tonight, so it will be a long day. I am off tomorrow and plan on starting my spring cleaning.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 03-05-2009, 11:24 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

yeah ive noticed other people getting confused about Canadian and American temperatures lol,... so i thought i'd clear it up before ya'll try to commit me lol... we usually get the kids clothes, jump ropes, balls, pails little toys, shoes and chocolate.... i think this year i might try to find some candies that i dont like... they are freaks for bubble gum and jelly beans so i might go that route. have ya'll noticed that Canadians also a different way of spelling certain words?? lol see if you can catch them... some are favourite, flavour, centre, colour, just to name a few.. my step kids had a tough time in spelling class when they first moved here lol... we spell acording to the british rule... we were once, for lack of a better word, controlled by britian. ruth might be able to explain this better than me. shes alot wiser than i am lol. oh! yeah and miles to kilometers is hilarious! my hubby thought "holy crap! 100??!!??!!" i said "NO!!" 100 km not miles!! lol the conversion is about 62 miles an hour. his old suv didnt even have km on it lol...

stacy xxx

p.s. and i get confused too, when i see ya'll sayin that its 35 or something, i think "wow thats hot!!" then i check to see where youre from to verify lol... cuz 35 there is like 100 here!! its 2 1/2 times the amount plus 30, approxiamately. so 7 here is 44 there. 20 here is 70 there ect. lol

Last edited by dreaminstacy67; 03-05-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:08 PM   #15  

Laurie and Kim, I've decided to go with Corian and an undermount sink. It took us a year to gut and renovate the house and it has taken another year for me to decide what kind of counter top I wanted.

I couldn't decide between formica, concrete, or tiled. We ended up getting a phenomenal deal on the corian, so I went with it. They are just raw slabs, so we are having someone do all the edging.

Believe it or not, I am psyched about washing dishes!!
Closed Thread