Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 10:06 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Lightbulb Let's spice up challenge #3!!

Challenge #3 is upon us. For anyone not sure how this challenge works, please see sticky:2nd 30 day points challenge.

The 3rd 30 day challenge is supposed to start Friday, September 27. I will start a seperate thread for sign-ups.

What I am wondering is do you guys want to spice it up a little. Let's say 2 points for food, 1 for water and 1 point for exercise?

I know some have mentioned that we should do weekly exercise points, I think the ONLY way to do that would be to always have the challenges start on Mondays. They could be 4 week challenges instead of 30 days. That might be better for weigh in's anyway.

So maybe make it a 4 week challenge, 2 points for food, 1 for water, and on Mondays, if you have exercised as many days as you set out in your plan, you get 7 points. If not, you get 1 point for every day you did exercise.

What do you think?

Any other ideas???

Last edited by Sandi; 09-24-2002 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-24-2002, 09:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Hi Sandi!

Unfortunately, I'll have to pass on this challenge . I found out yesterday that I have to have my gallbladder removed. they found multiple gallstones. Although I'm thrilled that they found what's been causing so much intense pain, I am also a nervous wreck. I have never had any type of surgery. I am waiting to hear back as to when this will take place. I have a feeling it's going to happen during the 30 day challenge, so with a sad heart I'll pass this next round, but expect me to raring to go on the challenge #4!
Old 09-24-2002, 12:00 PM   #3  

Sandi, I agree 100% with the pointing system for exercise. I think it's unrealistic (for me anyway) to exercise every single day. But then I feel kind of like I failed if I don't get all 3 points, so I try to get it in every day, but inivitably, I can't, kwim? Anyway, I think the 7 points for the week if you get in all your exercise for the week is a great idea.

This is just an idea, but what if we did something like a bonus where if you were OP for the entire week (if we go by weeks, which I happen to think is a good idea), you get a bonus point or two? Just a thought...

Thanks for organizing all this
Old 09-24-2002, 08:25 PM   #4  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I think I need to join the next challenge, as I have all but dropped out of the second one. And I agree - we need to have some sort of weekly exercise goal rather than a daily one.
Old 09-25-2002, 08:03 AM   #5  

I also agree with the exercise idea, and I think adding more points for OP food days is essential. I notice a lot of us (myself included) have no problem with exercise and water but the food is usually a 0.
Old 09-25-2002, 08:49 AM   #6  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Hey Kim.. how are you doing? When is your offical weigh in?
I hope the plan is still exciting for you!

Dana
Old 09-25-2002, 12:01 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Not hearing too much from everyone....

Are we are going to leave it 30 days or 4 weeks? (need to know if it starts Friday or Monday)

Food - 1 point or 2?

Exercise - Daily or weekly?

Are you guys getting bored with the challenge?
Old 09-25-2002, 12:44 PM   #8  

OK my weigh in is October 8th, it's going pretty well.

Ummm Sandi my opinion is 2 points for food and a 28 day challenge sounds good to me.
Old 09-25-2002, 03:58 PM   #9  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I just had a bad few weeks there, September has not been my best month. So much happened that I couldn't keep up with my food journalling.

Myself I think we need to keep things really simple. If we make things too complicated people will just give up on the whole thing.

I think we should stick with 1 point for each thing and keep the same sort of ideas for exercise. It doesn't need to be a marathon walk or an hours worth of Buns of Steel video. It can be as simple as taking a 20 minute walk outside. C'mon guys, no one is that busy that they can't spend 20 minutes walking outside.

It doesn't really matter to me whether it is is 28 or 30 days.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-25-2002, 10:31 PM   #10  
Catwoman

I love the idea of 2 points for food as for me food is the hardest most important factor in weight loss. Often I only get 1 point for the day but if its a food point I'm still happy. Having weekly goals for exersize certianly would make it easier to keep up with the goal, I think it would be good to make the point system achievalbe so that most ppl would get close to all points if they tried hard. Often Ive gone for a 3 hour walk one day, way more then I needed to and the next day had a low energy day so didnt exersize at all. If it was weekly I would choose say 7 hours exersize for the week and give myself one point for every hour done. The time spent exersizing for the week is more important to me then the fact of doing it everyday.
Dyan good luck with your operation, my dh had his done in febuary and he had been overweight for years and within 2 months without even trying he had lost 2 stone! He just wasnt nearly as hungry after having his gall bladder out. Also I met a girl in hospital one stay I had there and I was amazed she was up walking about within 24 hours of having keyhole surgery. You will feel so much better once you have this done. good luck
Kitty
Old 09-26-2002, 09:28 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Thanks KittyMilk!

Do you know how much 2 stones translates into pounds?
Old 09-26-2002, 11:30 AM   #12  

Sandi:
I think that we should do a 4 week challenge. That really makes the most sense to me. Although, staying OP is not my big problem, I think that it will work well to have 2 points for food. Also, I think that we should try to go weekly on the exercise points. I like the idea of 7 points for staying with the exercise plan, and 1 point for each day exercised if not on plan, but I wonder if it would be too difficult to figure out.
Just my thoughts.
I hope that everyone is doing well.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:58 AM   #13  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

A stone is equal to 14 lbs.
Old 09-26-2002, 12:55 PM   #14  

My official vote is to go 4 weeks, 2 points for food, & exercise by the week
Old 09-26-2002, 03:30 PM   #15  
Long Time Member

Ok, so the new challenge will start on monday. I'll start a new thread!!
Closed Thread