Old 03-02-2009, 05:00 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default MARCH NSV's

Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

I was able to drive with my winter coat zipped up (good thing because it was freezing today), which is something I have not been able to do in over a year. I could barely zip it while standing, but sitting down would make it so tight it would dig into my stomach. Not to mention that I wasn't sure if the zipper would hold. I was actually comfortable driving to and from work with it zipped the whole way!
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:52 PM   #3  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I can sit tailor style in my armchair again
I can do the nasty in a few new, better, closer positions
I can walk into most stores and buy any shirt in a 2X and it will fit me
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 286.4/283.2/150

Height: 5'4"

I really, really, really wanted to snack this evening, but since I'd already had dinner and my planned night time snack, I logged onto 3FC instead. Typing is a better use of my time right now!

WildThings and cfmama - congrats on the NSVs!!!

jenny
JennyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:08 AM   #5  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I have to buy new pants! It seems like they got too big overnight. I declare that they were not this big last week! I had to try on 3 pairs this morning before finding a pair that was not about to fall off. It was a good thing that I had a range of sizes, but this is my smallest and they are really too big. This feels great!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:42 PM   #6  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I had the mother of bad days. Seriously. I damn near had a panic attack and seriously considered driving myself to the looney bin. As I was driving home, I thought, "I want Wendy's. I want a big ol' cheeseburger and a gigantic order of fries and a big ol' chocolate frosty for dinner."

Then I realized I didn't want Wendy's. I wanted the momentary comfort that Wendy's had to offer me. I drove past, came home, and ate a decent dinner.

I'm still teetering on the edge of sanity, but at least I'm doing so without the aftereffects of way too much fast food.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:16 PM   #7  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

^ WTG!!! Temptation-resistance NSVs are always the most incredibly impressive to me, cuz I know that they're the hardest for me personally to achieve... So well done, you!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:20 PM   #8  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

today at school a girl that knows I"m dieting came in and looked at me, gave me a thumbs up and said "Lookin' good!"

lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:29 AM   #9  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Everything is too big!!! Hope this isn't TMI - I even had to buy new undies. I tried to guess the size I need now so I bought a package two sizes smaller(11) than my old ones(13) and a package three sizes smaller (10). The size 10s are baggy! I never thought that I would be happy to waste money! Size 9 here I come.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/230.6/216

Height: 5'4"

I bought a pair of new size 18 pants yesterday. I can get them zipped up. They're definitely not super comfy yet, but a little more time and 18s will be fitting perfectly again.
Gretchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:29 PM   #11  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmama View Post
I can do the nasty in a few new, better, closer positions
QFT. And it just keeps getting better and better--you will NOT be disappointed that the changes continue into more and more awesomeness during sex! I ain't shy about admitting that the sex stuff is one of my favorite changes from losing weight.

Today I am wearing a new pair of size 18 jeans from Old Navy and I feel totally hot. Along with the jeans I also purchased a short pink skirt--the first short skirt my husband has EVER seen me wear! The skirt, a tight sweater, and a lacy camisole are going to be this weekend's date outfit--I tried it on last night, and it makes me look sexy as ****.

SO FUN.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:31 PM   #12  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

WOW, I just had a really cool NSV! So, one of my friends gave me a shirt for Christmas that I absolutely looooved--it's a rainbowy striped polo, SO cute, and suits my style/personality to a "T," hehe. But unfortunately, it didn't quite fit when I first tried it on... I could get myself into it, and I probably could have gotten away with wearing it in public, heh, but it was juuust tight enough that I didn't feel 100% comfortable in it. Well, after Christmas break I went back to school and folded this shirt away in my dresser with the rest of my clothes, figuring that I'd probably wear it at some point during this quarter. Fast-forward 9 weeks, and I STILL haven't gotten around to wearing it (um... suffice it to say that I have a LOT of clothing... ), but the weather is starting to get ever-so-slightly warmer, so I thought that it might be nice to wear it today cuz it's short-sleeved, and the bright colors "go" with the sun and such. I figured that it would probably fit a bit better this time, since I've lost 15-20 lbs since the beginning of the quarter... Well, I must say, I was shocked to find that it fit perfectly! I even had a little extra room. And oh man, I don't know what caused it, but it made my waist look so tiny! Now I'm not sure if I want to wear it today, because I might want to save it for a "special" occasion, hehe.

Congrats to all of you on your NSVs! Gosh, do I ever love this thread.
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:46 PM   #13  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Great NSV's. Meredith, wear the shirt quick and as often as possible because it will be too baggy soon. I have several things I wish I had gotten more wear out of--but I'm not going to regain the weight to wear them!!
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:21 PM   #14  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Because tonight I suddenly noticed that my bust had dropped.
No honestly, in a good way, I don't mean things started swinging round my knees but suddenly it's not in my eyeline every where I go.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:17 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

I don't mind sitting in bar stools anymore. For years I avoided them when we went to restaurants because they were so uncomfortable. The other night we went into a Starbucks and had to wait for our coffee. Hubby automatically headed for the chairs knowing how I hate stools. I hopped up on one of the bar stools and it felt fine. It made me really happy!
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote