Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 03-03-2009, 09:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: (324/238/175) New 310/310/200

Height: 5'5"

Angry I gained 9 pounds!!!

I gained 9 pounds since like thursday and I don't know how. granted, I've been doing a little stress eating since my diagnosis of leukemia but not 9 pounds worth. I never gained that much in a week when I was eating the most and the worst in my past life. It seems to be around the middle and in my face. I took an extra diuretic at dinner-I'm thinking it's water, but holy cow! My vancomycin has been extended a week-yippee!

I am so frustrated! MY PCP wants me to see a vascular surgeon now because of the blood clots I keep getting in my legs. All I need is another doctor!

All I do is go to work, come home, putz on the computer for a little and go to bed. I'm so tired all the time. It was everything I could do to drag my *** to work today but I had to. I managed a short walk this afternoon. My gym membership is going to waste-I just don't have any energy. I just feel like crying all the time. I'm thinking I should see a counselor, but I go to enough doctors as it is. Yesterday, 1 doctor himself actually called-with the good news about the vanco and 2 others' nurses called to see how I'm doing.

I hate to keep *****ing, but I feel like I'm at the bottom and can't see my way to the top. And griping to people I don't actually see and who don't have to read what I write spares the people I do see and can walk away when they see me coming which would hurt my feelings.

thanks for listening, friends.
merryterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:03 PM   #2  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

There's a big possibility it is water retention. I can gain about 10lbs in water weight.

Last edited by WormwoodDoll; 03-03-2009 at 10:03 PM.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:28 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

whoa, terry. just a gosh-darn minute here!!!! ya got a serious illness. you're on serious medication. you got blood clots in your legs [which lead to EDEMA and all sorts of other problems]

and you're blaming YOURSELF for this?????? and for gaining 9 pounds of what is undoubtedly WATER????? darlin honey. baby doll. here ya go - here's permission from the MODERATOR herself to EASE UP. put your feet up. have a small treat.

REST. hang out with your friends. you need them!!!!! and us. please = take care of yourself. and that means not only your body but also your emotions, your sense of SELF, your stress.

ok darlin. lecture over.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/172/140

Height: 5'5''

Terry, You are probably holding water. Listen, right now relax just a bit on your weight loss. Maintain, this is not the time to worry about a gym membership going to waste. Baby yourself. Make certain you keep your nutrition up, and rest because that is good for your immune system. {{{{{Hugs}}}}}
shrinkingviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #5  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Ditto to Jiffy!!

Take care of yourself, don't beat yourself up with that scale...take your meds, go to your drs, eat well, rest...take care of the one person that knows every single detail of what you are going through, will be there with you through all the tests and medications, that needs your love and respect even more now then ever before....YOU!

We'll be here for when you need to ***** and complain...when you need an ear or a distraction in someone else's difficulty or celebration...dance with you when that 9 lbs comes back off because of the lessening edema and things start turning around...

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 03-03-2009 at 10:55 PM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:18 PM   #6  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Hang in there.

A counselor might not be a bad idea. I wish I could have talked my DH into one when he was so injured and off work for 14 months. These things take a toll, a counselor can help you fight through it. A lot of the emotions are natural, but it helps to have someone to guide you through it.

Could it be water weight from some of your medication?
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 253/253/209

Height: 6 Feet

Default The reason I have stayed......

See? These are the types of people who make me just want to cry... I feel the real support here!!! : dizzy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffypop View Post
whoa, terry. just a gosh-darn minute here!!!! ya got a serious illness. you're on serious medication. you got blood clots in your legs [which lead to EDEMA and all sorts of other problems]

and you're blaming YOURSELF for this?????? and for gaining 9 pounds of what is undoubtedly WATER????? darlin honey. baby doll. here ya go - here's permission from the MODERATOR herself to EASE UP. put your feet up. have a small treat.

REST. hang out with your friends. you need them!!!!! and us. please = take care of yourself. and that means not only your body but also your emotions, your sense of SELF, your stress.

ok darlin. lecture over.
xbubloox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 138/138/130

Height: 5'7"

I just gained around 6 pounds from surgery due to water retention. I'm just going to wait it out and not worry about the weight. I hear it can take a couple weeks for my fluid levels to regulate. Good luck!
PeatrixPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:28 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Ditto's girlie... and thats what we're here for "SUPPORT" the good, the bad and the ugly... we're here for it all.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote