Old 03-02-2009, 05:25 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W Easter Challenge~~Week 3

Week three ladies lets keep up the good work!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:49 AM   #2  
e32

S/C/G: 169/157/135

Height: 5'3"

hi everyone...yes, crazy weekend on my end made for a quiet 3fc weekend...the rest of you must be in the same boat. hope you're all doing well.

nixmom, i actually grew up in bend, but now i live in the willamette valley--small world

mtiger, congrats on getting through those 5 lbs--you can do it

est1991, welcome! of course you can join in...i've only known everyone a few weeks and it is an amazing source of support and accountability. you sound like you have a good plan...keep us updated!

shari, i hope you're feeling better tomorrow. i'm sorry that you're experiencing all this stress...just remember, you're in control of the choices you make tomorrow. even if today didn't stay on plan, you can still be on plan tomorrow. if you can, try and get outside and take a walk...even a short walk can be a great stress buster (at least for me). take care and keep us updated...

i'm doing pretty well...but that scale has not budged all week though and i'm a little frustrated by that. i know that i've been seeing consistent loss for a few weeks and so a little lull is to be expected...but it's always frustrating when you're on plan and kicking butt at the gym and the scale is stuck.

however, i would like to thank the measuring tape for giving me hope. my measurements have still been changing even if the scale hasn't...so that's what i'm focusing on...there is change happening...and i'll get there. it's just hard not to be impatient...

tomorrow evening i'm going up to portland to see itzhak perlman (my favorite violinist) play with the oregon symphony. i'm thrilled beyond belief--i never thought i'd be able to afford tickets but there was a special and i got a good seat for only 20$!!! it's pretty cool because i never imagined i'd get to see him live. i teach violin for a living so this is sort of like a dream for me

as far as weed tomorrow goes for me:

W i've been at 64 but i'm going to up it a bit...headache and i'm wondering if it has to do with not getting enough water?
E tomorrow i have the concert so i'm going to stick with just one workout tomorrow--the weights class and an hour of cardio
E my friends and i are going out to eat before the concert so i just need to be sure and make good choices (they're a lot easier to make at home, where i only have good choices to choose from.
D don't get hung up on the number on the scale...just stay on plan, it's going to work. i can do it...just one more minute of running at a time!

i'm not sure if i'm supposed to post here or on the old thread, maybe i'll do both
e32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:47 AM   #3  

Height: 4'11"

Good morning ladies, I'm ready to get the week off to a good start. I go to see my parents in 3 weeks, and I'd really like to make enough progress that they notice.

W 96 oz
E 30 minutes
E 1300 cals no BLTs
D What I do today will help the scale move

Last edited by thinpossible; 03-02-2009 at 07:48 AM.
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:24 AM   #4  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Morning ladies! Up 3 pounds. Hmmph!

mtiger - So, how you stay motivated is you stay determined no matter what. And jcatron - sounds like you have just about the same plan - one foot in front of the other.

Well, I must be there this morning because I did my 6 AM workout even though I was tired and grumpy. I walked the dog even though it is -25 with the dang wind chill!!!!!!!!! Aargh!!!! I have drank my first of 5 bottles of water. I am sipping on my breakfast which is a fruit smoothie.

Shari - Woohoo!! on the gym membership!!!

W - 5 blue bottles of water = 110 oz.
E - 45 minutes of running
E - Lots of fruits and vegetables mixed with protein
D - You'll feel better all around if you do!!

Last edited by Clykk; 03-02-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:50 AM   #5  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

e32 i'm good on cheesesticks and turkey pepperoni for those nights i'm off to bellydance. That and handy veggies that can go in a zippy bag and aren't messy to nibble and drive with.

Hey everyone else! I"m slow, tired, couldn't sleep hardly at all last night. I went thru stages of thinking I couldn't get to sleep when I actually WAS dozing off. Got soup for lunch today, gonna eat a sandwich this morning. Today's our 10 year anniversary so hopefully he'll be home when I get home I'll be back to post more later.
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:59 AM   #6  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Morning Weedies -

Random thoughts today~
  1. FIRED UP (based on Jcats flame guy) will be my motto this week
  2. I had a dream I was pregnant with 5th kid (YIKES!) and couldn't decide on a middle name so I wasn't allowed to give birth and be done with the weight... subconscious playing with me... I think so!
  3. I love grapefruit.
  4. The way the cellulite on my thighs still looks in the sun while wearing shorts is quite possibly the most embarrassing thing in my life.
  5. I could eat a big ole sloppy cheeseburger for lunch, or 8 oz of fish, 2 baked potatoes, a fudgesicle, A HUGE salad with croutouns, and have eaten the same number of calories.
  6. I may be sleep deprived.
Okay~ so I just had to get all that out. Why? Who freakin knows...
I came out of the weekend with very minimal damage on the scale (woot!)
I think cal counting is working really well at the moment. BF thinks I'm obessed. Whatever gets me to the 150's. **** what ever gets me to the 190's at the moment.

I want to do personals, but I need to go to work. I PROMISE to come back later and catch up. Have a great Monday.. . ** maybe i need less coffee**
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Clykk- I was joining you for the a.m workout. It wasn't bad but I really enjoy evening workouts. How many years before the kids start school?

e32- great idea about measuring. I threaten to do it but never take the time.

Thin- I like your "D". Mind if I borrow?

Holy- I hate nights when I'm sleeping but I think I'm not. Man I have the strangest dreams then.

Nix- I enjoyed your randmom thoughts!

JCat- Thanks for the flames!

I did okay today but overate at dinner, which seems to be par for the course for me. But, I got the exercise and wawa in. I'm not following any plans at the moment because I am "diet fatigued". I'm trying to pay attention to my hunger cues and cut back on the sugar. If I could only get my gut and my head to listen to each other...
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:15 PM   #8  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

195.2 today. Still up a pound, but I'm almost back to the lowest. TOM is arriving any moment, so I'm just trying to maintain. My abs are killing me today!!! Thanks Jillian. She said "no more muffin top."

On that note, my friend and I took new pictures today. When she sends them to me I will post them for you all. It is going so slow that I don't really see it. I've lost about 15 since Sept. Yep, my average is 2-3 pounds a month. I am so jealous of people losing 2 pounds a week. Well, like I've said before, someday this will all be a distant memory.

e32- We took pictures, way back at the begining and I also take measurements. I need all opportunities to see change.

Thin- You show mom and dad what you are capable of.

Clykk- Yeppers!! It is all about routine. Like now. I need to finish posting so I can workout and watch the Bachelor. I changed into workout clothes before dinner, so I'm all set. Just letting food settle.

HT- Happy Anniversary, with or without hubby.

Nix- I love it when you go of course with randon S***. It always makes me laugh. I forsee 190's in your future. Wait, the cellulite is clouding my vision. Whoops, sorry!!!

Grazer- the very worst time of the day is the time after I get home and before dinner. I am starving and everything starts to go in my mouth. Hold tight.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:46 PM   #9  
Calorie Counter

Mindy I am with you. I hate slow going, especially when I feel like I am so close. I only lost 1 pound last month. Oh well, I have to keep exercising and eating healthy for my health!

I will get to personals tomorrow, I am beat, been up since midnight.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:35 AM   #10  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

Hey ladies,
well he made it home, brought me a dozen red roses, then stood me up for dinner....he said we'd go later and sat his butt down to watch Monk. I fell asleep on the floor...I was very disappointed...I couldn't sleep last night thinking about him and what does he do? crash out. bum!!!

Dinner was a failure but the rest of the day hasn't been bad. I'm gonna go try to go to bed now.....I'll post again in the morning
Old 03-03-2009, 09:36 AM   #11  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

Not like it did much good....one flower's already died, and he was off making friends with the vodka bottle when I got up.

I gotta get ready for work. Guess all I can do is focus on me.

Captain chewed up $20 worth of gum I bought at Sam's. I was not happy.
weed:
w: 64 oz
e: workout at lunch, rehearsal tonight
e: 1500 if possible
d: it's not my problem, it's his problem.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:57 AM   #12  
Calorie Counter

HolyT: I'm glad he's home anyway.

e32~good job taking measurements. My kids lost my tape masure so I haven't done mine in about a year.

Thin~Keep moving and getting your WEED in and they will notice you are doing great!

Clykk: dang that rotten scale! Really I am ready to throw mine away too!

Grazer: I hate over eating at dinner. It doesn't happen so much anymore for me since I eat mostly salads at night, but there are days that I am too hungry and eat more.

Mindy that weight will come off! just keep on following your WEED.

Nixie, you crack me up you know that!

Got in my workout. This week my gym started the 30 minutes and move off the equipment rule. Sucks for me bcause I signed up for the St pattys day 5k and it takes me 36 minutes minimum to run. I am hopoing to run it in downtown disney anyway. It was a MAD HOUSE this mning. I guess swimsuit season is creeping up on us. EWW

W 80 oz
E 60 minutes done, may go back for another 30 later on. If the weather is nice I plan on walking the 2 miles to pick Mak up from school
E1200 cals. Plan!!! watch what goes in my mouth. 12 days and 3 pounds
D watch my cals. keep moving, pull out suitcases and air them out. Pull out summer clothes to wash for vacation (the weather better be nice for me ladies!)
Old 03-03-2009, 10:04 AM   #13  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyteror View Post
Guess all I can do is focus on me.
Lord knows that is my motto of late!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcatron243 View Post
I only lost 1 pound last month.
I only lost 0 pounds last month, so there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
I need to finish posting so I can workout and watch the Bachelor.
What a great episode. I think Molly is definitely the one for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazer View Post
Clykk- I was joining you for the a.m workout. It wasn't bad but I really enjoy evening workouts. How many years before the kids start school?
I dragged my reluctant butt to swimming this morning. First swim in probably a month! Hope you were working out too. You must have me mixed up with someone else re: kids. I have a 10 year old in Grade 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixmom View Post
[*]I had a dream I was pregnant with 5th kid (YIKES!) and couldn't decide on a middle name so I wasn't allowed to give birth and be done with the weight... subconscious playing with me... I think so!
Hmm, interesting, very interesting! So, why do you think you are not allowed to release this weight?

I have been keeping track of my weekly weight and I noticed that 4 weeks in I was 163. I proceeded to go down to 159 only to find myself back up to 163 at the 8 week mark. Let's see if I can allow myself to release through week 12. Baby, be gone!!

I did pretty darn good yesterday except for when I watched Bachelor and ate when I should have been done for the day. I think I should put a lock on the cupboard doors at night after dinner and give the key to my hubby who goes to bed earlier then me.

W - 5 blue bottles of water = 110 oz.
E - 50 minutes swimming laps
E - Lots of fruits and vegetables mixed with protein
D - You'll feel better all around if you do!!

Last edited by Clykk; 03-03-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:35 PM   #14  
e32

S/C/G: 169/157/135

Height: 5'3"

just quickly, before i'm off to the gym, there is a report of scale motion! only -.4 since last tuesday...but like we keep telling each other a minus is still a minus. i know i'm working hard, and the measurements are showing that (even if the scale isn't). i highly recommend measuring for anyone who isn't already doing it. it's literal proof of where the change is happening.

W: 64+ but still headaches...does anyone do gatorade/propel as part of their water? i'm wondering if i could still be dehydrated, even though i'm drinking what seems to be a lot of water... ?
E: back to 2 hours cardio. i just discovered the rowing machine, which is both harder and easier than i expected.
E: need to head to the store...food supply low
D: focus on the visible change and not so much on the scale. (also, it's time to pick up the house a bit too)

good luck to everyone today!
e32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:00 PM   #15  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Let me just whine a little, okay?? Finally got to within a pound of lowest and then gain 2 friggin pounds today. How in H*** does that happen? Well TOM is causing the problem I'm sure. And then it was supposed to show up today, but no. Just slap me with a big gain, without the glimmer of hope that it will go away. Okay!! I'm done.

I hope everyone else is in a better mood than me. Did my new Jillian DVD today with friends.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote