Old 03-03-2009, 11:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/244/140

Default Newbie

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this site and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Karen and I am 33 years old. I am have been married for 11 years and have two boys that keep me on my toes. I work 3 days a week in the healthcare field.
I began my journey on February 2.2009 and have lost 17lbs so far. I am sticking to a 1500 calorie diet, working out 3 days/week at the gym, and have given up all sodas. I think the hardest part has been giving Cokes! I now only drink water with lemon. My longterm goal is to lose 100lbs but my short term goals are 20lb at a time. I would love to share recipes, especially for dinner. I have been eating alot of grilled fish/ chicken and steamed veggies.
I look forward to chatting with all of you!

Karen
MdTerrapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 147/142/125

Height: 5'3

Welcom Karen!!

I know you will enjoy this site. There are a lot of nice people here and lots of advice. We are all here for the same thing and its awsome to have a support group!
Sounds like you are off to a great start with giving up soda and eating healthier. Keep up the good work and dont be afraid to ask anything..
Just wanted to welcome you!!
butterflywings34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:35 PM   #3  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Dinner Ideas!!! I'm full of them.

I use the Biggest Loser Family Cookbook & I love most of the recipes in there.
Right now I am trying to do no breads/pasta after 3pm, so my dinner choices might have to be altered a bit for your taste.

Shredded chicken cooked with red bell pepper slices, onion & garlic wrapped up in bibb lettuce & just a tsp of fresh salsa (optional). Steamed broccoli on the side (1cup)

Fresh fish cooked with the cole slaw mix & served in a corn tortilla w/ fresh salsa (or you can try spritzing some of the Newman's light sprays). Sauteed asparagus on the side (6 stalks)

BLT Burger's Biggest Loser Style
Leanest ground meat you can find (1/3 lb patty) on whole wheat bun (I usually cut them down to fit the burger - less carbs) w/ baby spinach, tomato & Jennie-O turkey bacon. you can do light mayo or dijon mustard. Just go easy on the condiments.

There are tons more, but I can't think right now.
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #4  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Oh & :we l3fc:
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:06 PM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Karen, You are doing awesome soo far!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 172/148/143

Height: 5'4"

Welocme....wow 17 pounds! I gave up diet pepsi for Crystal light iced tea-decaf. I use to drink a 12 pack of dp a day! That was hard, I know!
risab is offline   Reply With Quote