Old 03-02-2009, 02:25 PM   #1  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Talking I am so excited! I finally did it!

Bear with me folks, I am so excited and I have to get this out!

After struggling for so long, being depressed and down on myself, and just about giving up, I finally re-joined a gym. It took me awhile to admit that I just can't do it on my own. I have to be able to "go somewhere" and get away from my house. It is worth the money and it is time to give back to myself.

Probably about 7 years ago, I worked for someone who paid for my gym membership and gave extra time at lunch 3 times a week to work out. I had really lost some weight then. But, I changed employers and lost that benefit. I thought that I could do it on my own and have tried a lot of different things. But, when I get home, there are so many distractions and so many other things that need my attention. My kids, my husband, our animals, projects, etc. But, we aren't rolling in the dough, so I thought I had to make it work. I lost some weight (not much) in 2007, but it came back on in 2008. So, for the past few months, I've been thinking, thinking and thinking of what I could do.

Finally, at the end of my straw and with my aching knees and back, I decided
I have to do this for me. I started this year with no resolutions, just a desire to be able to do things that will make me happy again. So, here I am! I joined a shiny, new Gold's gym in our town (signed up for a two year membership) and I started this morning. I haven't felt that good in a long time! It may be that the only time I have is to get up early and get it done before work, but I can make that happen. There are a bunch of other working women there and we're all struggling with time, but I think this is the answer.

Sorry for the novella, but I am so excited!!! I don't really want to tell a lot of people about it because it is just for me, so I knew I could share with all of you.

Woo hoo!!! Can't wait for tomorrow morning!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:34 PM   #2  
Rubber Ducky

S/C/G: 341/307/135

You joined a gym... congrats! I'm proud of you for taking the first essential step. It took me a while to join a gym, and then I didn't even use my membership for like 2 months because I was afraid everyone would think, what's that fatty doing here? But....I did it. And so did you. Great job!
glitterducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:44 PM   #3  
Getting back on track!

Woo hoo! Well done - a brave step!!! Hope you love it!
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:24 PM   #4  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Congrats on joining the gym... It is great that you have found a new motivation to work on YOU. Don't be a stranger... post often about your progress.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #5  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Good for you. What kind of eating plan are you on? Will you re-adjust it now that you will be working out often? I didn't start a regular excerice program until I lost about 100 pounds, and I still hate to do it...but it really does feel better after it's over. Maybe someday I'll love it like you.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #6  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Yahyyyy!!! That is something really good to give yourself. I hope you like it. Good luck!!!!!!!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:37 PM   #7  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Hey Lori Bell, thanks for asking. I'm calorie counting right now. I hadn't thought of changing that up as I went to the gym. Hmmm. Now I might have to figure that one out.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:46 PM   #8  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Hey! Well done! I spent 2 hours today researching gyms online. That was all the exercise I got, not like you who took the plunge. Enjoy tomorrow! \0/\0/
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

That's awesome! I'm sure you'll have fun, you have the right attitude!!
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:20 PM   #10  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

That's a great first step Congrats! I know it's hard to start but once you get it in your routine you'll be fine!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:51 PM   #11  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

That is an awesome step towards a very healthier you!!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote