Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 01:46 PM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Default Worldly Chicks - Ready, Forward, "March"

Wow, I didn't realize until I walked past the calendar that we are into March already.

So maybe our goal will be to get a little extra movement as we go through the month.

I have to peek back at the old thread to see if I made my February goals. Be right back...
Old 03-01-2009, 01:53 PM   #2  
Choose your hard

Ok, so I didn't lose the 4 pounds I was supposed to. I had a bump last week and have been working hard to overcome it.

I did pretty well with journalling my points.

I started exercising but was not as regular about it as I need to be.

My March goals are to keep journalling and planning my meals, up the exercise to at least 3 days a week on a REGULAR basis and to declutter something at least 4 days a week - even if it's one thing that takes 5 minutes.

Mel - YOU GAVE AWAY YOUR MUSIC COLLECTION???? I could think of maybe 4 CDs I have that we not such good buys but I certainly could not part with enough of them to make a group go into a frenzy I think I'd rather give up the TV

Ok, back to meal planning...
Old 03-01-2009, 02:25 PM   #3  

Thank you Happy!!!! Forward March I like it!!!!
Be back later!
Rose
Old 03-01-2009, 04:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Sorry I didn't get in all weekend although I did read most of the posts. I was busy doing some gardening with R and we went out to the other side of the city on Saturday to get some Australian natives. The side of the house is now resplendent with Kangaroo paws in varying shades of yellow and orange and a Grevillea called Bonny Prince Charlie. We bought two of these which are collectively now known as the Charlies in the garden.

Seems like while we have been having end of summer balmy weather with a few showers here and there, you lot have been going back into the depths of winter and having fun in the snow.

Yesterday after we planted the wee paws and the charlies, we went down to a place called Williamstown to have brunch and stopped off on the seawall to watch the black swans and eat ice cream. There was also a speedboat race going on out to sea a bit. The filming helicopters were so low and so close to the boats that I can't see how they could see anything for the spray of the wake. After a while it was about as exciting as watching paint dry or the grass grow so we came back to R's house and I stopped off at the shop to buy me some books to read. The afternoon was quiet and peaceful but it got very cold after a while and I had to find something warm to wear. I can see I will have to get myself some warm gear if I am to last down here. May is not really winter in Melbourne but if yesterday is any example, it will be a close run thing for this hot house flower.

End of Feb goals, Happy. I think I said I wanted to lose 4kg. Well I have lost 2. So somethings do happen in this body from time to time. I'll try for 4 again this month.

I guess I had better go find some work to do. Can't muck around here when there is so much stuff going on. But WHERE do I start??? Sorry about the lack of personals. I'll try to get back later to do those.
Thanks for starting up March Happy. I like the title.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1979596-3-yellow-kangaroo-paw.jpg (47.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Anigozanthos_Bush_Tango1.jpg (17.7 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Shad; 03-01-2009 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Put in pics
Old 03-02-2009, 09:17 AM   #5  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday ladies -

Happy March! I had a wonderful weekend! I spent Friday night and part of Saturday doing website work, laundry, cleaning and catching up with some old friends by phone and internet chat. On Sunday, DH and I went to the dog show, and had such a great time seeing (and petting and hugging) all the different breeds of dogs. And relaxed with the DH in the evening. After work today, I'm planning on going to a PT approved strength training class.

I'm ready to forward March with journaling my points, eating more veggies, doing PT exercises daily, strength training 2x a week, cardio 3x a week, and yoga 1x per week.

Mel - Yes, you and I need to both be good girls so that we can enjoy the spring/summer with little or preferably NO pain! I'm glad the Zyrtec is helping your eye pain. Hopefully you'll be able to find something soon that does the job without making you foggy. I hear you got a big snow storm. So stay inside and stay warm. We had our warm (well mid to upper 20s), sunny day on Saturday, and it felt SO good!

Ceejay - I'm glad the new employee is working out well! Maybe that will take a little of the pressure (and crazy hours) away from you. I'll try and post a picture of the recumbent stepper. It's hard to explain. I hope the new buds and flowers survived the snow.

Happy - Snow over the weekend and 70 degrees by Friday?! That crazy...but I would definitely take even a 50 degree day or two right about now. Your house is sure beautiful. And with it all covered in snow, it looks like it could be up here in IL or WI. 5" of snow for you and Ceejay? Wow, that sounds like the storms we get up here.

Shad - Congratulations on the weight loss! It sounds like you had a lovely weekend! Thanks for posting the flower photos. They're so unusual. The black swans sound beautiful. Find yourself some warmer gear so that you don't get chilled. Should I send you some Wisconsin winter gear? Of course that might be way too heavy for Melbourne.

Annie, Nae and Ruth - I hope you had a great weekend!

Here's to a great week for all of us!

Love and hugs,
Old 03-02-2009, 09:22 AM   #6  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Photo of NuStep Recumbent Stepper

This is my PT approved cardio machine for now. When my back gets better, I can graduate to treadmill, elliptical and eventually back to the fun classes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nustep.jpg (23.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 03-02-2009, 09:29 AM   #7  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Monday Ladies............

Oh Shad, planting season is about to arrive here in Indiana. Whew Whoooo! I love gardening.

Happy...thanks for starting the new month...March Madness, shu weee!

What a great weekend. Went to watch my bro's band Friday night. We had so much fun. Danced my pants off.

Yesterday Tony took me out to eat at Claddagh's Irish pub. We had fish and chips, eggrolls with corned beef, cabbage, potato and cheese in them, which were fantastic. Stopped at Sam's Wholesale club and bought 60 bucks with of fresh fruit and vegetables. I have enough for lunch this entire week and then dinner too! Yummy

Saturday I just laid around most of the day recouping from Friday night. I did go over to my mom & dads, took a card and flowers to celebrate their 61st wedding anniversay. Hard to believe people can stay married that long, especially when they didn't even like each other for some of that time. haha

Not much else going on here. Very cold this morning, but unlike some of the other worldlies-no snow! It was 15 degrees this AM, high today 28. Supposed to be 60 by week's end. Thank you Jesus.

Hello, good morning and have a great day everyone.

Love and Hugs
Old 03-02-2009, 09:31 AM   #8  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Ms. Michelle, we posted at the same time. Take is easy working back into exercising. Don't want you down and out.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:53 AM   #9  
Choose your hard

Happy Monday ladies,

One thing about snow, it surely makes the sunshine EXTRA bright I guess the afternoon sun is stronger than the morning sun because my neighbor across the street has no more snow yet on my side the yard is still covered under several inches and the only thing that is dry is the sidewalk. It looks really funny! I hope the snow melts soon as it's heavy and wet and weighing down the bushes. Things are starting to bloom now and while the Japanese Maple is ok, I'm hoping it doesn't wreck the azaleas as DH thinks they were going to be especially pretty this year.

It was a good weekend for staying in tho I did make DH go grocery shopping with me yesterday

I am happy to say I got the temporary pudge off me and am back to where I started weight wise 2 weeks ago - hoping to have a good weigh in this week. Meals are all planned out. I made a chicken and bell peppers dish yesterday that I did not care for but DH liked it. Good thing because there are left overs and I won't be eating them - actually they might make a good sandwich on Italian bread now that I think of it...

I do have a recipe for the Subway Sweet Onion and Teryaki Chicken Sauce. Going to try it and if it comes out well, I will print it.

Speaking of recipes I know I owe you guys some...

My favorite breakfast right now -

Fruit and Yogurt Parfait 1 serving, 6/8 points
1 LF vanilla yogurt
1/3 cup Uncle Sam Flax Seed Cereal
handful 1/3 cup fresh blueberries, strawberries or sliced banana
7 pecan halfs chopped into smaller bits

dump the yogurt in a dish. Add cereal on one side of the bowl, sprinkle with pecans. Add fruit on the other side of the bowl. Eat and enjoy. You can also layer this in a parfait glass if you like.

All ingredients are good for you and the protein will help stave off hunger until lunch. Typically, if I eat cereal I am hungry an hour later but this combo works for me. It doesn't get you bloated full but it's a quick breakfast. I measure portions of the fruit and cereal & nuts in snack sized bags and grab it to take it to work with me. DH likes it too. Uncle Sam Cereal can be found in the cereal aisle where they have the organic cereals and off the wall brands. On it's own it's pretty tasteless but it's great with this, is low glycemic, full of good stuff and has a great crunch to it.

8 WW points if you use the red 99% FF Yoplait yogurt, 6 points if you use the blue carton Light style (which has artificial sweetner in it). You can cut out 2.5 points by cutting out the pecans, but i really think it adds to the dish and it's a filling good kind of fat.

This is a recipe I got at the meeting a few weeks ago. It's not bad. Certainly not as good as the "real thing" but you get used to it fast as you learn to change your tastes.

Hamburger Stroganoff - 4 servings, 5 points each
8 oz (half pound) lean ground beef - I used ground sirloin
1/2 cup diced onion
2 cups COOKED wide egg noodles
1 can FF cream of mushroom soup
1 can sliced or 1 cup fresh cleaned and sliced mushrooms (optional)
1/4 cup LF sour cream
salt and pepper to taste

Brown ground beef and onion. Add mushrooms and cook for a 10 minutes until beef is no longer raw and mushrooms and onion are soft. Drain fat. Stir in cooked noodles, soup. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer about 5 to 10 minutes. If the mix is thick you can add a spoon or two of water but don't thin it too much as this has a tendency to thin out as the leftovers sit in the refrigerator. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream before serving.

Serve with a hot green vegetable and a cool, crisp salad. I divided this up into 4 servings and stored the rest in containers. This was good for lunch.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:36 AM   #10  
Choose your hard

And now to personals...

Mel - I hope you are not buried under that snowstorm that is heading east! Take care and stay warm and dry. Well maybe scoop some snow off a window ledge and hurl it at a passing fireman I hope it does not create a hassle for you and the seniors.

Annie - Irish eggrolls. Now there's an interesting thought. That is amazing - congrats to your parents on such an enduring partnership! I will be married half that long - 32 years on Thursday. And I have to say, there have been years that DH and I were not so liking each other too. I think in a way, that's a sign of a lasting relationship - when you hit the skids and are willing to work together AND change the behaviors that got you frowning at each other in the first place. Heaven knows neither of are the people we started out with when we first met in 1972. (she says with just a small tear of regret missing her 28 inch waist : ) I'm also glad to hear you are one of the few of us who still gets to dance on a regular basis. I'm jealous

Michelle - I have seen the recumbant bikes at PT and the gym, but not a recumbant stepper. Wow. I find the recumbants MUCH harder than the regular ones. Not much thigh strength I guess. But you go girl! It sounds like you have a great mix of exercise - I will have to follow your lead. And thanks for the compliment on my house.

Shad - I am a little confused about your planting. Did you buy the plants for your friend's house? Or did you plant them at your new flat? In any event, they are quite pretty. I try to imagine what it must look like in your part of town. Really do wish it was easier to get to the other side of the world to visit as I'm sure we'd spend the whole time going WOW with our mouths open catching various native bugs And I can't fathom the idea of it being cold 'round your parts. Time to dig out that nice fleece jacket you got in Canada.

Speaking of which, I had to call customer service for my American Express card yesterday and got to talking to a lovely agent who lived in Canada. She affirmed that they too are TIRED OF WINTER

Rose - glad you like the new title, seems to fit in with everyone's plans this month.

'Morning Ceejay - you must be busy training your new person.

And I'm back to my charts and spreadsheets

Last edited by happy2bme; 03-02-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:21 AM   #11  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY~ THANKS FOR THE NEW THREAD. I WAS WONDERING WHEN WE WERE GOING TO MAKE A MOVE I THINK WE ARE ALL IN A WINTER WONDERLAND WITH SHAD THE ONLY EXCEPTION!
I FELT LIKE MR FERAL AND GOT COZY BACK IN BED THIS MORNING. MY ABSOLUTE FAV IS STONYBROOK FF VANILLA YOGURT...I BUT 32 OZ CONTAINERS ALL THE TIME AND USE ORGANIC GRANOLA AND FRUIT. YUM!! GOOD LUCK WITH THE WEIGH-IN AND CONGRATS ON GETTING THOSE PESKY POUNDS OFF!

CEEJAY~ SO ARE YOU ALL SHOVELD OUT NOW ANT HOME AND WORK? I AM WATCHING THE SNOW FALL THIS MORNING AND THINKING OF YOU ALL. HOPE OURS WILL MELT AS FAST AS YOURS!!

ANNIE~ SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A GREAT TIME. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THE PARENTS...THEY ARE MARRIED FOR AS OLD AS I AM!!! GOD BLESS THEM! LOL

MICHELLE~ GREAT MACHINE!!! WHERE IS THE GAS PEDAL? HOW FAST DOES IT GO? THE WEEKEND SOUNDED VERY NICE AND VERY FULL!! GLAD YOU AND DH HAD SNUGGLE TIME TOO.

SHAD~ SHALL WE SEND YOU SOME NICE RED ONE OIEC UNION SUITS TO WEAR UNDER YOUR SUMMER CLOTHES??? ALSO KNOWN AS LONG JOHNS. THE CHANGE IN CLIMATE MUST BE A BIT OF A BOTHER AND I WOULDN'T LIKE IT MUCH EITHER. THE PLANTS ARE LOVELY AND IS R A BIG GARDENER LIKE YOURSELF? THE WEEKEND SOUNDED GOOD FOR YOU ALSO.

NAE~ WAVING A HAND AT YOU AND SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS YOUR WAY

LOTS OF WHITE STUFF OUT THERE AND I HOPE I CAN FOOD SHOP TOMORROW. GETTING A MIGHT BIT LOW ON SOME OF THE GOOD STUFF. THE KIDS ARE AT THE DAD'S BUT CAN COME BACK IF NEED BE. ALL IS WELL HERE. I AM MINDING MY OWN BUSINESS AND STAYING UPSTAIRS. TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE MISSING FROM THE OFFICE AND I HAVE NO INTENTION OF FILLING IN AGAIN SO SOON. SO I PAID BILLS ONLINE, GOT PAPERS READY FOR MY PHONE INTERVIEW LATER THIS MONTH AND JEN HAS ONE AT THE END OF THE WEEK. WE ARE PREPARED!!
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY.

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-02-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:14 PM   #12  
Choose your hard

Union suit, long johns. Now there's some phrases I haven't heard in a while. But you forgot to mention flap doors on those union suits Mel.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:32 PM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Forward March indeed! February was a crappy month for me and I weighed in exactly the same as at the start. This just has to stop. I fully intend to lose 5 pounds this month and am telling the world that.

Been pretty involved with "troubles", not mine but my friend Claire's family and am also dealing with bucking up my dear friend Shirleyanne who goes for an operation for bladder cancer tomorrow. We've been friends since we were both eighteen and through a lot of Life together. We plan on at least 30 more years of it.

There were four funerals during the month to add to the joy! Luckily nobody close. Spoke to the Baptist minister after one of them and he told me he no longer performs wedding ceremonies. He says he prefers funerals because they last and some of his marriages don't! I snorted my tea back into the cup in a true ladylike fashion.

Looked in my garden journal from 2008 and found that our snow didn't really start to go until April. Of course there was a lot more of it last year so I'm hoping this year's crop goes faster. We will be in deep cold until the weekend but then there'll be another melt. The lads at the diner will be making noises about tapping the maples and syrup making soon.

Nice to see the Worldlies still here and Marching On. Hugs to all.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morena

It's a cool, grey and damp Melbourne morning. I'm considering taking a walk to check out the distance and time to the new apartment which I shift into next week. I guess I had better talk to the wee lady again about times for picking up keys etc. as well.

Not much going on here apart from work, more work and lots of stuff I can only hazard a guess about. I think I might be quite knowledgeable by the time I have finished here.

Happy - well done on the removal of the temporary pudge. Always an achievement. Not saying that was easy, but it does seem to be easier to get off the recent stuff than trying to shift the old, hard and settled flab. Or is that just my imagination.
We were planting the Kangaroo Paws in R's yard. We heaved out some huge clumps of Agapanthus and put in the natives. There isn't room for a garden in my apartment.
Enjoy the charts and presentations Yahoo.

Michelle - glad to hear you are taking the advice of the PT. The weekend sounded like fun. We don't get as cold here as in your part of the world and I'm just being wussy because I am no longer in a sub-tropical climate. Melbourne is known to have 4 seasons in one day. At the moment we are bracing for high winds and scorching temps, which will undo all the good the poor old firefighters have been doing. Hopefully the drizzle will help to dampen down the ashes and prevent other fires from starting. They could do with a break or two from Mother Nature.

Annie - sounds like you had a great weekend as well. Dancing? What's that again????

Mel - might be a good idea to get thermals. Not so sure about the ones with the flaps though. They could prove interesting.
Got for your coming interviews. Can't they think of someone more deserving to harass???

Ruth - Tapping noises again. How the seasons roll around. My best wishes to Claire and Doug and their family 'troubles' and big to Shirleyanne for being brave through her operation. I can just see you two old darlinks hooting up on the 100th birthday of one of you. Swinging from the chandeliers in the saloon bar.

And to Madcat - who may not be reading this as I saw her sister is back in hospital again and a miracle is needed for her - and well done on taking the troubles out on the treadmill. YGG.

I'd better go. I've some Danes to persuade that they really need to take away batch management on our materials since the whole thing is causing strife and is definitely not needed - not the strife or the batch management!!!!

Have a happy day.

Last edited by Shad; 03-02-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:51 AM   #15  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

RUTH~ SENDING YOU A HUG FOR ALL THE SAD TIMES YOU'VE BEEN HAVING AND I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE FRIEND'S HEALTH. SAYING A LITTLE PRAYER FOR HER. THE PASTOR GAVE ME A LAUGH TOO. TRUER WORDS WERE NEVER SPOKEN! STAY WELL AND WARM!!

HAPPY~ I VISUALIZED THE FLAPS AND I THINK SHAD IS RIGHT....THEY MIGHT PROVE TOO INTERESTING TO HER!!!

SHAD~ YOU HAVE AN INTERSTING ENOUGH LIFE WITHOUT ADDING FLAPS TO IT SO I'LL SEND THE FLAPLESS ONES OR STITCH THEM UP!!! WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED I TOLD YOU YOU WILL BE THE OF TURBINES!! HOPE THE DANES LISTENED!! JEN SAYS THANKS FOR THE GOOD THOUGHTS....SHE WILL NEED THEM SHE SAID!

IT IS ONLY 12 DEGREES HERE THIS MORNING SO I HAVE CANCELED FOOD SHOPPING. THE WIND IS A BIT MUCH AND GOD KNOWS WHAT THAT MAKES THE TEMPERATURE! MUCH TOO COLD FOR ME THOUGH I HAVE LOTS TO KEEP ME BUSY. SO I AM OFF TO INVESTIGATE MY OPTIONS AND HAVE BREAKFAST
HAPPY TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-03-2009 at 07:52 AM.
Closed Thread