South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-01-2009, 11:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

Default Motivation, Questions, and Confusion

First, the fun stuff.

The ex-wife is going to lay eyes on me for the first time on May 24, and I intend to look slammin' in a mini dress.

Okay, so that's catty, but dang if it isn't motivating.

I already have the dress. A Size 4 number that I used to wear at the turn of the century, and I really did look slammin' in it.

My question is this: there is a sticky about Phase I foods to use (I start tomorrow) that was posted by Ruthxxx in May of 2008. Is that the latest list? And is that SBD approved or is that a modified list for this site?

My confusion is that when I got the SBD recipe book, it clearly stated no bacon and no sausage. Yet, within the recipes, I see bacon and sausage used.

I have to say that I have never read so much about a way of eating as I have about SB. This seems to require a tremendous amount of planning and trips to the supermarket (lettuce doesn't freeze well). Husband left this morning on a business trip and will be back next weekend. I figured it's a good time for me to dive into this and when he gets back, it should feel rather natural to me. He's jumping on board with me here, not because he needs to lose an ounce, but because this is just a good way to eat and live.

Now back to mode... does anyone have any personal stats to share? I will be running and weight lifting four to six times a week and will diligently stick to this way of eating. Is it reasonable to lose 25 to 30 pounds in three months? I'd love to hear your stories.

Thanks, ladies!

Last edited by AnAbsoluteDiva; 03-01-2009 at 04:00 PM.
AnAbsoluteDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:05 AM   #2  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

I would say it is possible to lose that much, but usually that is for people who have a LOT to lose... you don't have that much to lose so I think its probably pushing it- but hey, it could happen!

as for the lists they are up to date- I believe if anything changes they just edit the lists and not make complete new ones...

and for the recipes that call for bacon or sausage, they are probably just posting a recipe and modifying them when cooked- like with turkey products or vegetarian products...

Good Luck!
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:25 PM   #3  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAbsoluteDiva View Post
My confusion is that when I got the SBD recipe book, it clearly stated no bacon and no sausage. Yet, within the recipes, I see bacon and sausage used.
I used to be totally against turkey bacon and sausage - but Trader Joe's has an absolutely wonderful uncured turkey bacon. It's almost as good as the real thing. I have also adapted to the taste of turkey sausage; it's not so bad. And every blue moon I use regular, reduced sodium bacon.

As far as the 30 pounds in three months goes, I agree with rdw - that usually happens to people who have a lot (i.e. more than 150 pounds) to lose. It has taken me almost eight months to lose the 43 that I've lost.

Good luck!

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 03-01-2009 at 04:26 PM.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:58 PM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Welcome Diva (or is it welcome back? Your pic looks familiar)
You are already at a healthy BMI and it sounds like you are pretty fit so unless you've been living on junk food it will probably take you awhile to get those pounds off with any healthy eating plan. Of course everyone is different and you could have magic results and even without that this is a really healthy lifestyle and can only help. Once you get used to the planning it isn't bad. Most of us don't eat a lot of lettuce but go for the bulkier veggies and luckily they can be found in the freezer
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:40 PM   #5  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Good luck with that. Remember though that SBD is a way of life and everything won't happen over night. Stick with it and good things will happen!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote