South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 06:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wintery Weekend Chat

Good morning Chicklets! I thought I'd get up early and sneak downstairs for a quiet cup of coffee before the girls wake up, but Amber heard me and is sitting by my side enjoying the smilies.
Amber and Carley spent the night with us last night, so we turned it into a slumber party. Luckily, both girls fell asleep shortly after 9, and stayed asleep all night. We're going to take them out for a pancake breakfast this morning, and Grandpop promised them a trip to the toy store, too.

This may be the last day of February, but March is coming in like a lion. We're supposed to get a sleet storm overnight, and then a big snow storm is making it's way here for Sunday night and into Monday.

Well, Carley just came downstairs, so the day has started!
Old 02-28-2009, 06:52 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Cottage, Amber and Carley. Smilies are fun!

It's very cold but clear here this morning, a huge change from yesterday! The lake that formed in the yard from melting snow is now a skating rink.

Today is going to be another quiet day - I'm starting to like this! I may start pulling tax stuff together. I'll either do it myself or pass it on to my financial guy in Ottawa. Actually, I'll probably do it myself. I've been doing my own since Dad taught me when I was 15. Harry's final return will be a bit different but I'm sure I can handle it.

On the other hand, maybe I can figure out something more fun to do today!
Old 02-28-2009, 07:08 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks Can I just say that I'm getting mighty tired of wintery weekends and am more than ready for warm wonderful weekends?! Just saying...

Cottage - have fun with the grandkids Sounds like a nice way to start the weekend.

Ruth - How lovely to have a day of your own Is there something more exciting than poop patrol?!

I've realized that I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and get back on plan before things get any worse. I haven't been able to exercise as much as I'd like to and no weights or yoga for weeks so I need to be more creative and keep my calories under control! I've been feeding my frustration with food, never a good thing. It was clear in PT yesterday that this could take awhile so I need to get back to a long term plan. I know if I tell all of you I'll stick to it too

I think we are going to try heading to Northampton for an anniversary lunch date (11 years since we started dating) then over to Trader Joe and Whole Foods. This might test my resolve to act like a grown-up because I probably can't do all that driving and will need to let DP drive (I always drive). It's not easy being stubborn

Since it's the weekend there will be cooking too. I'm thinking crockpot chili today and vegetable curry tomorrow. They will both make great leftovers for the week. I also need to make bread, refried beans and maybe some Nessa bars. We are figuring out what we need for a 2 outside job family for the week

What's on your list for the weekend?
Old 02-28-2009, 07:12 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Refried beans! Thanks Cyndi. That's what I'll do with the overstock of red onions.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:02 AM   #5  
Happily Married

S/C/G: 194/177/145

Morning chicks, Raining here again today and tomorrow is suppose to be icy snowy and just plain messy I'm so ready for spring to be able to get outside.
Hope ya'll have a good weekend
Old 02-28-2009, 08:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks. I haven't checked the weather yet, but if cottage is going to get it then I probably am too.
Way busy day today. I've got to help DH get the old furniture loaded to go to the dump, then while he's off picking up the new stuff, I want to get the carpet in there shampooed. DD has to be at the GS cookie booth sale from 11 - 12, and after I need to pick up the cakes I ordered for tonight. Then I've got a hair appt (way overdue, I look like a skunk!) this afternoon, and I need to find something to tropical to wear to the Volunteer Banquet tonight (luau theme). I kinda wish I didn't have to go, but as a hostess I guess I'm obligated.

good morning to you and the girls cottage, enjoy your pancake breakfast and don't let grandpa spoil them too much!
Wanna trade days Ruth? I'd rather do your taxes and I know how you like to go go go!
Hang in there Cyndi, warm weather is coming. DH and I have driving issues too. Now that he is turning into an old man, he is starting to drive like one too. Since I spent so many years as an extreme commuter and dealing with the DC beltway, I am the opposite. It drives both of us crazy to have the other one driving.
Good morning skinnybride!

Well, I'm thinking leftover taco bake for breakfast and then I'd better get moving!
Old 02-28-2009, 08:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hi, Cottage, Amber and Carley! Sounds like a wonderful morning has been planned for the three of you and Grandpop! Enjoy and I hope you're all safely at home before the messy stuff hits tonight!

Good morning, Ruth! Enjoy your nothing-planned day! There are some days when that's just what we need. I'm hoping to not have too much going on today, but the to-do list in my head keeps growing!

Cyndi: I know you'll do great getting things back on track with your eating to help make up the difference from your lack of workouts lately. You're always so determined and willing to make things work! I hope you and DP enjoy your date today! Happy Anniversary!

Skinnybride: Have a great morning! I'm with you on wanting Spring to be here!

ETA: Good morning, Schmoodle! I hope you find lots of happy moments to make your busy day seem not-so-bad! Enjoy your luau tonight, but I hope you get home before any of that nasty weather hits!!!

Well, I'm baaaack! Internet was $12.95 a day at our hotel and I'm not going to be writing a check to the office for that! Thanks for all the well-wishes with regards to my test yesterday! I finished it in an hour and 45 minutes and got a 96%. It was TOUGH and I spent a lot of studying, but it did pay off!

The hotel we stayed at was very nice, newly remodeled, with a gym, indoor pool, hot tub and laundry room on our floor. My eating was 50/50, but I did get quite a few great workouts in. I was also able to do all my laundry except for what I was wearing, so all I have this morning is DH's laundry.

Our income tax refund just cleared, so I'll be working on the budget, getting avon orders processed and cleaning today. If I can get it all done, tomorrow will be a relaxing day!!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 02-28-2009 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:02 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Yay Kim! Bet you're glad to have that behind you.

Schmoodle - You're FINALLY getting that new furniture! Can't wait to see pics

Okay, off to do day things
Old 02-28-2009, 09:04 AM   #9  

Kim, congratulations!! You must be feeling great right now. We are proud of you.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:36 AM   #10  
Jenny

S/C/G: 319/309/150

Height: 5'4

Afternoon, chix!

Cottage: Pancake breakfast sounds nice! I miss the pancake houses we get back home. Over here it's a full scottish which consists of (hope you're sitting down): bacon, eggs, black pudding, potato scones, some other form of potato, fried halved tommies, mushrooms, sausage (links and square) and baked beans. ~sigh~ It's a calorie and protein o rama!

Ruth: Tax stuff. Yuck I need to do mine too although it's a waste of time. Since I'm a US citizen in Scotland I still have to let Uncle Sam know I haven't won the lottery or had any earnings over 80K. Good luck with yours!

Cyndi: Good luck with all your cooking and enjoy your anniversary meal!

Skinny: Hope warmer temps start coming your way!!!

Schmoodle: I hope you get done all you need to! Good luck finding a tropical outfit. I would love to attend a luau and at least pretend it's hot outside!!!

Kim: Congrats on your exam!!! It's always a good feeling to know your hard work has paid off!!!

As for me...still recovering from tonsilitus. I think I'm starting to lose my voice, which should please DH DH has been more of a darn than a dear lately and as the scottish say is really starting to get on my wick! We have a 40th next Friday to attend so I need to go out and buy a present for DH's cousin. Woo hoo I can't wait (that was full of sarcasm, btw). I better get to it or else I'll never get it done. ~sigh~ Good times.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:11 AM   #11  

Cyndi, forgot to say Happy Anniversary!
Hi Jenne, maybe DH needs a good kick in the butt...
Old 02-28-2009, 12:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quickie check-in.

Kim, CONGRATULATIONS on your test!!!!!! That's an awesome score, and all your hard work really paid off!

Cyndi, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and Julie! I hope you are doing something fun!

I told the girls they weren't allowed to say Grandmom for five minutes, and my time is up. BBL!
Old 02-28-2009, 02:14 PM   #13  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Cottage- enjoy your day with the gals! Try to stay warm, spring is almost here!!!

Ruth- I hope you at least find something more fun to do than taxes to spend at least part of your day doing

Cyndi- Happy anniversary to you both!!! and were here to give ya a good kick when ya need it! Im getting back on track as well, and I will be appreciative of a good kick as well!!!!

Skinnybride-

Schmoodle- have you thought about donating your furniture? I know our salvation army will even pick up unwanted furniture free of charge... then you don't have to even haul it off!!! can't wait to see pics of the new stuff~!

Kim- WTG on your test! I hate when hotels charge for internet! so rediculous!

Elusive- hope you feel better soon, and dh tones it down a bit

Me- I just got back from the biggest loser audition thingy... didn't have to wait in line so yeay~! the line was HUGE... at least a couple blocks long! they will be doing callbacks this weekend so we shall see! On the agenda today is getting my oil changed, sprucing up the guest bedroom as we may be having some overnight company... run to the store for a few things, and just cleaning up a bit... Our friends are coming in to watch a hockey game so we may go out downtown with them tonight so I was sure to eat light for lunch in case we go out to dinner.., I will not overdo it tonight but tomorrow is a new month, new beginning for me... I feel like I say that all the time but I really think I am mentally prepared for it this time! Spring is almost here- I need to look more like I am ready for it!
Old 02-28-2009, 04:46 PM   #14  
Working on healthy

Rikki - Let's make a deal - If you kick me in the butt I'll return the favor If I'm going to be honest I have to admit my ticker is lying a bit right now March weight loss goal here I come!

Jenny - I've heard about those Scottish breakfasts Hope you get some time this weekend for resting and recuperating.

Cottage - Sounds exhausting and fun

Ruth - We do love refried beans around here. Hope you enjoy yours. Sounds like a good way to use up some onions. Did you sneak a nap in?

Schmoodle - I prefer my own driving, my own cooking.... I may be a bit of a pain

Had a nice run to Trader Joe's and a lovely lunch out. I think lunch was a little more fat than I usually have though (greens obviously sauteed in oil & too much yummy salad dressing) so I'm off to the treadmill for a long one.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:48 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I found this thread on another forum...thought you guys would get a kick out of it...it made me laugh ).

http://www.city-data.com/forum/diet-...lax-seeds.html
Closed Thread