Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 05:57 PM   #1  
hot mom wanna be!

Default Only three more months until Christmas

Well, give or take a few days!
I cant believe it. I let time get away from me. I had these goals of being 100 down by the end of the year. and so far I am at 64. that is 36 pounds in three months which would be a miracle to acheive but I am gonna try! I know we are all working on our Halloween goals next month, but do you all think/plan ahead to what you want to be "weight wise" during the upcoming holidays? I will work hard to make my goal, realistic or not. And no matter what my weight, me and my son are getting those portraits taken together! (something we've never done yet and I wouldnt do when heavier)

well, dream away and post those holiday goals!

laura
Old 09-23-2002, 10:00 PM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I would love to be 199 on New Year's Day. I haven't been working very hard at it, though. My new plan of "eat when you're hungry, don't when you're not" is actually going okay, but I have to get away from the trap of going STRAIGHT to the fridge the minute I get in from work. I ate a fairly big breakfast today, so I wasn't really hungry at lunch. Normally, I would've eaten what I brought or bought a lunch anyway. I didn't pack lunch today, but since I wasn't hungry, I didn't buy anything, either. I was a little hungry when I got home, but not hungry enough to justify what I ate. I actually know the moment I was full. I had opened a can of lite peaches (YUM!) and had gotten about three slices from the bottom when I knew I wasn't hungry anymore. Of course, that old practicality took over..."you need to eat these, because it would be pointless to put three peach slices in the fridge." Of course, I also could have just put them down the dispos-all...

Oy.
Old 09-23-2002, 10:16 PM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I am hoping to be 250 or under by the new year. That doesn't seem all that unrealastic...if...I stick to it. The holidays are traditionally my worst time. I gained 14 lbs last year. I have been trying to focus on what BA said about counting the days that are holidays and then counting the days in-between. The non-holidays far out weigh the holidays.

We are getting Jacob's 2 year portrait done in October and our very 1st family one done in November...no matter what I weigh. We never had family pictures when I was growing up. I want that. And if I am still at this weight (or worse) then that's reality. It would be nice to be down for the pictures.

I have already started my Christmas shopping and I am hoping to start wrapping this weekend.
Old 09-23-2002, 11:09 PM   #4  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

christmas wrapping?? are you nuts??? !!!

we had our pictures done Sara's first year - terrible!! I would like to try again soon though! We have a timer on our camera - maybe we will just dress up and do the photo at home.
My goal is to maintain over the holidays - going to be realistic.
I am now not going home for halloween - money/car repair issues. We hope to go in January. 15 lbs down would be nice - 20 would be better!! That would give me almost 50 lbs lost and somebody better notice by then!!! (not too many people have noticed )
I'd like to buy a nice Christmas dress - never done that before. Looking forward to Christmas parties and such. This year the house we have has a fire place - perfect for Christmas time

Dana
Old 09-24-2002, 02:26 AM   #5  
gbo

It may be a couple of months until we have an income so the Holiday will not be difficult for me too very often. I should do very well on my weight indeed! I have spent the day on the phone informing our morgage company, car financing, credit card company;s and so on as to this fact. It could be November before er see a check of part of it so Our Holidays will be filled with a lovely tree and music. My Inlaws are coming Thanksgiving with turkey in hand! For the most part we will be struggling for a little while but after that life will be just grand. I pray the hole is not to deep during this. Paying a hose note that is behind is not what I had in mind but everyone knows exactly what is going on and it will all work out. In the meantime...... boy am I going to lose weight!!!!!! I am hoping to be below 243 at New Years which is 30 lbs from my last weigh in.......somehow I think I will make it. See the silver lining!!!!!!!! Life is good and after this no more struggling. Oh By the way... most credit cards have an option to keep payment protection on them just in case.... I am so glad I had the foresight to do that. That and the car payment I do not have to worry about . I hope the house goes the same way but whatever happens it will be to our betterment in the long run and athat is what counts! So sing On Happy Holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pam
Old 09-24-2002, 11:15 AM   #6  
hot mom wanna be!

I have to agree "Christmas wrapping, are you nuts??"
Wow, I am such a slug when it comes to that. I dont even get thinking about shopping until October and get serious in November. I have no excuse cause I work at QVC, if you've ever heard of it (a shopping channel on TV).
I am glad you all are thinking of goals and are working hard at them. I like to do a short term goal (like for Halloween) and also one for a few months down the line to help keep me focused. Right now the portrait is keeping me in line. Every pound I lose before then will make the picture look even better!

gbo-I am sorry about your financial problems. I know it can be stressful. I had been through a lot of what you are going through when I was married. I was worried about losing our house once, it got so bad. But it all worked out, somehow it usually does! take care!!

laura
Old 09-24-2002, 11:51 AM   #7  

Time is absolutely flying!!! I can't believe only 3 months 'til Christmas... I've started some shopping & am hoping to be done by the beginning of December.

I've been thinking a lot about weight loss during the holidays. I really want to be down to 222.6 by Christmas Day (which would be a 91 pound loss from my starting weight) & 220.6 by New Year's Day (a 93 pound loss). So I'm setting those for my goals, although I don't know what I'll do with all those goodies around the house & the big meals at Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, & Christmas Day! But you know, those are only 3 days & I didn't gain all my weight with 3 days of indulging... it was the indulging day after day, every day that did it. So, I'm going to go for my goals with all I can, but still take time to enjoy the holidays. I'm going to make sure I drink all my water (& then a little bit); I'm going to make sure that I am getting my exercise; I'm going to eat the turkey, green bean casserole, stuffing & slice of pie, but I'm going to eat appropriate portions (vs. in the past where I'd just pile my plate full 2 or 3 times! ); I'm going to replace old, unhealthy traditions (such as cooking & eating tons of sugar cookies) with healthy traditions (such as cooking just one batch of sugar cookies & giving them away to the neighbors, or taking a moonlite stroll with dh & our dog). I will enjoy my life while still making healthy choices for myself!!!

gbo - just wanted to say I'm sorry about the $$$ troubles, but you have such a fantastic attitude about it all! I just know it will all work out for the best

Sandi - your crazy! Wrapping in September!!!
Old 09-24-2002, 11:54 AM   #8  

Wow! Is all I can say...in 3 months?!?!?

Old 09-24-2002, 01:43 PM   #9  

If I did any Christmas shopping now, I'd forget where I put it by December. I've always admired people who are ready way early and each year I say I'll get it together earlier next year but I don't and if I haven't by now, I probably never will. (one long sentence)

Any way before then I have an anniversary and two birthdays to celebrate. Can't miss out on any of those happy things.

My goal is to first meet my Halloween challenge. Then with effort I may be able to drop another five by Thanksgiving. It would be nice to lose more by Christmas but I think I'd be really happy if I can just maintain. So, if I end the year around 220, I think I'd be ecstatic.

I have noticed that even when I give myself permission to be off plan a bit I seldom venture too far off any more (you know, gorge and gobble) and I'm hoping that will hold true through the holidays. Also some drastic changes required by dh's health will probably restrict a lot of previously tempting baking. Haven't figured it all out yet.
Old 09-24-2002, 03:50 PM   #10  

Christmas?!?! A horrible thought, seeing as I've lost NO WEIGHT this year... can only manage to maintain, but I won't start moaning again!! Where is time going? A sign of getting old - now that's even more depressing than not losing any weight. LOL

Karen
260.5/168.5/140
Old 09-25-2002, 03:21 AM   #11  
gbo

My Darlin's it is just a challenge to get us where the sun shines always!!!! It isn't really a problem just the timing is not quite what we had in mind. Ah , well the plans of mice and men! Hubby was trying to hold out until after the first of the years at least but who cares!!!!!! This is going to be a stumble at the most to get us to the promised land!!! Peace and stability!!!! Long may it reign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pam
Old 09-26-2002, 11:40 AM   #12  

I have also already done most of my Christmas shopping. There are a few little things for the boys that I need to pick up and my father and brother in laws and then I am done. Of course, I'm not so crazy to start wrapping them already!!!!! I at least wait until November to start the wrapping.
Pam - you have such a great attitude. I'm sure that it will all work out for you.
Closed Thread