Old 02-19-2009, 06:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 246/190/150

Height: 5'7"

Default finally broke my plateau!!

So I've been working out like crazy lately and staying away from the fastfood and over indulging on carbs and I have finally broke my plateau at 190 and dropped to 188!!!

My goal is 150 for now, and I can't believe I only have 38 lbs more to go!!!

Any tips on how to eat better would be great, that is definitely my weakness!
Icandoit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 262/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Congrats on busting the plateau! That is fantastic! Carbs were my weakness until I finally just got rid of all the highly processed carbs in my diet. But, honestly, after about 6 weeks or so of not having them - I quit craving them..... that was a huge weight off my shoulders.......

Now if I could just get rid of the weight on my hips....

Last edited by Randi; 02-19-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Randi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:41 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icandoit29 View Post
Any tips on how to eat better would be great, that is definitely my weakness!
What is your weakness? And what are you eating? Can't tell you how to make it better if we don't know what it is. Perhaps you'd like to give us an idea and we can help you make some improvements.

Oh and CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Job well done!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:53 PM   #4  

I have been on this very strict diet for about a month now and have been frustrated as heck because I have been making such little progress. So, today I felt tired, discouraged, bored and could see now silver lining so I sat down and ate a huge stead, 1/2 baked potato with butter and cottage cheese and some aspearagus. I thought it through and even though I feel like I could beat myself senseless tonight I just won't do that and I will get back on the wagon tomorrow. I am doing this for my knees and the bonus would be for my emotional attitude.
grabec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:59 AM   #5  

Congrats!!
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:30 AM   #6  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Well done for blasting that plateau! and for how much you've lost in total!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:21 AM   #7  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

That's awesome! All your efforts are paying off... keep up the great work.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:28 AM   #8  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Congrats!!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:01 AM   #9  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

That's awesome!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:34 AM   #10  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooo Hooo!!
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 246/190/150

Height: 5'7"

What I meant was that my weakness is eating in general. I have low self control when it comes to portion sizes. Even if it is something healthy and god for me, if I like it I eat it till i am past full most times.

And I eat when I am bored. I used to be a eat fastfood in the car person whenever I was going somewhere, but I have kicked that habit for the most part.

I would love to join Weightwatchers, however i can't afford it at the moment. I do make the recipes I see, and know the general guidelines but I a not sure why I can't stick to it!
Icandoit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:18 AM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icandoit29 View Post
What I meant was that my weakness is eating in general. I have low self control when it comes to portion sizes. Even if it is something healthy and god for me, if I like it I eat it till i am past full most times.

And I eat when I am bored. I used to be a eat fastfood in the car person whenever I was going somewhere, but I have kicked that habit for the most part.

I would love to join Weightwatchers, however i can't afford it at the moment. I do make the recipes I see, and know the general guidelines but I a not sure why I can't stick to it!
Oh come now, aren't you being a bit hard on yourself? You're doing FANTASTIC!!! You've lost over 50 pounds already, you're obviously doing lots of things "right".

I think lots and lots of us here (everywhere?) eat when we're bored and don't know when to stop eating, which is why we're overweight to begin with. Which is why I incorporated calorie counting into my life. IT sets my portions limits. IT tells me when to stop. Because even after losing all the weight, I STILL (and will always) need to set limits for myself. Calorie counting FORCES you to set pre-determined limits. Since I obviously was born without the intuitive eating device that some people have, I therefore need to rely on setting up a calorie budget. Much like a monetary one.

And the best part about it - it's free. Check out fitday.com or thedailyplate.com or the many other sites on the web.

Once you make the decision to lose weight and be healthy, you then make the commitment to do what it takes - that's what makes you "stick" to it. Your desire to be thin must outweigh the desire for the food. Again, you've lost over 50 lbs. You're obviously sticking to SOMETHING. Losing weight doesn't happen without effort.

Keep up the great work!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:45 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/185/147

Height: 5ft 5

Congratulations on plateau busting!

I have hit the same one at 190. Reading that you got through it has given me hope. I was doing really well (lost 30lbs since end of November) but hit plateau 3 weeks ago. I can't exercise just now because I have torn 3 ligaments in my knee as a result of skiing accident 4 weeks ago. Whilst I am grateful that I don't seem to be gaining I'm terrified that I will totally lose momentum. Might be on crutches for weeks or months to come and well even half a pound off would put a smile on my face. Any ideas?
HereInHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:22 PM   #14  

Height: 5'4"

Congrats on breaking the plateau!!
crazycurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:44 PM   #15  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

YAY, congrats!! I just recently broke a very pesky plateau, too (or at least I think--I still don't trust the new numbers I'm seeing on the scale, heh), so I definitely know how much it sucks... Keep up the good work, girl!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote