Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2001, 09:42 AM   #1  

Thumbs down

Happy Thursday to everyone! I am starting a new thread with the hope that we post a little more frequently!
How is everyone doing? Any news we should know about?!!! I hope everyone is feeling well and happy!

I have finally reached a wonderful milestone as I am now 12 weeks and a day~ 6 more days until THE SECOND TRIMESTER!!! Yeah!

I have been on goal to keep up with my exercise, and it makes me feel so empowered! I must recommend the Kathy Smith Pregnancy aerobic tape to anyone who is looking for a good workout. I did it with both of the other pregnancies and it brings back such warm fuzzies for me. I actually remembered all the steps as soon as I did it for the first time! What I like about it is that it is challenging for pregnancy but it really focuses on keeping your heartrate under 140, she does 2 HR checks and a borg scale check as well. Anyway, I really like it. My HR is naturally high, and so it's hard for me to guage how much exercise is appropriate for me now. The exercise portion of the tape is 50 minutes and I feel energized not tired afterwards. Really. I am also LOVING water aerobics, but I am taking a break as I came down with some kind of virus and it showed its ugly face as a cold sore on my mouth~! I have NEVER had a coldsore before...so I want to make sure that I don't spread it. Hopefully it'll be gone by next week.

It's rainy and grey here in Illinois today. My DS reminds me everyday that it is only *5*(today) days until Spring! He's so cute--as a 6 year old, he's so spunky and has such positive energy! When it is a beautiful day out, he always says, "Mom! It's a beautiful day! He is my joy boy and a really delightful person. My other son (9) is also a wonderful treasure, but in a different kind of way. He's passionate and has an artistic personality. (The brooding artist) They are like day and night, and yet both of them have such unique and wonderful qualities! It makes my heart so happy that they are my sons. I feel so blessed and life is such a wonderful journey seeing them become who they are. If I were to elaborate on all of the wonderful qualities of my DH, it would take days. I am lucky to have a man who is as loving and passionate as he is. I suppose having a third child was such a strong desire for me because of the three of them. We have such a wonderful family that if money (and age) weren't an obstacle- I would have a bunch of kids!

We are all truly blessed to be able to have these little angels inside of ourselves~

I can't wait to see who it is I have in this womb. What wonderful qualites will he or she have, and the experience of this all over again...

Am I on a hormonal surge or what?! LOL

Anyway, I hope that everyone here is gonna post what is going on in their lives!

Blessings and Bellyrubs to all!

Scully and Bellybean
Old 03-15-2001, 11:42 AM   #2  

Scully -- Thanks for your positive and optimistic post. I've been feeling rather down lately, still feeling sick and now looking really fat on top of it. Your message made me realize just how much I have to be thankful for...two wonderful daughters, a supportive and caring husband, a job I love. And, being pregnant again -- hooray!

I get to go to the doctor again this Friday -- can't wait to hear that wonderful heartbeat.

Sara
9/08
Old 03-15-2001, 11:56 AM   #3  

Yeah Sara! Look at all the times this post was viewed and no one except you has answered...
I'm sorry that you've been down. I certainly have my hormonal surges. I can't watch tv or listen to the radio without tears lately!
Girl, you lost 20 pounds! You better take a look in that mirror and start being objective! When I went to the doc last time I lost 2 pounds-(which in my sick, body obsessed mind, I was pleased) LOL. My pants are getting tighter in the waist now though. Keep up with your fitness goals and I promise that your self-esteem is gonna go throught the roof! I did it with my 2nd child (even though I was thinner). We can come out of this in really good shape! It's the people that give up exercise all together that are gonna have a harder time after the birth.

Let me know how the doc goes on Friday! I am so jealous! I wish that I could have heard the heartbeat on the last appointment, but oh well!

(((((Sara))))) BIG HUG!

scully
Old 03-15-2001, 01:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 330/325/170

Hello Scully and Sara!

I haven't posted here in a while and wanted to check in to see how everyone was doing.

Thanks, Scully, for your post. I went to the Doctor last Thursday for my check up and I was feeling terrible. Just feeling fat, bloated, tired and utterly miserable. (For those who don't know, my second baby is due August 5th, on my birthday.) I had planned on losing alot of weight before I got pregnant this time but I didn't and I had 90 pounds to lose BEFORE I got pregnant. So far I've gained 15 pounds with this pregnancy and I know alot of it is water retention but it still gets me down when I get on that scale every month. Reading your post helped cheer me up.

I hope all of you keep doing well. God Bless.
Old 03-16-2001, 10:48 AM   #5  

Stephanie -- I can totally relate to what you wrote. With both my other pregnancies, I was about 80 lbs overweight going into the pregnancy. And both babies turned out just fine! I didn't gain a lot of weight with either (although what I did gain managed to stick with me after the birth, it seemed!) This time I am going in only about 40 lbs overweight, but I FEEL like I am even more overweight this time -- don't ask me why. Hang in there, I can totally relate to what you are talking about. Have you been able to find some good maternity clothes in your size? That's my other frustration. I swear all stores (esp. maternity clothing stores) think only size 4-6-8 women get pregnant!!! I ended up ordering most of my clothes, esp. from JCPennys.

Scully -- Thanks for your kind words. Girl, you keep me motivated! Yesterday my swim class was cancelled so my goal for today is to do my pregnancy tape.

I thought my appt was today but it's NEXT Friday. Still looking forward to that!

Sara
Old 03-16-2001, 05:16 PM   #6  

I wass so happy to read some positive words. I am going through some kind of hormonal imbalance this week. I never know what mood will come next. This can wreak havoc, especially on my DH. He doesn't know what to think sometimes. So, he just waits for it to pass, as it always does.

I, too, am looking forward to Spring. I can not wait to be able to sit outside on my screened porch and just listen to the birds. My daffodils are peaking through the dirt now and I have been seeing the robins a lot this past week. So, the warmer weather is not far behind.

Have a great weekend, everyone. Don't forget to leave a treat for the leprechauns.
Old 03-16-2001, 09:12 PM   #7  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hi all. I can relate to that hormonal surge Scully is talking about. I feel like bursting into tears every 5 seconds. Anyone been watching the Baby Story on TLC? I cry at the end of every episode.

Not much new with me. The belly is starting to get bigger. I'm not really showing yet as I carry a lot of weight in my abdomen already. I can feel that it is bigger though so probably another few weeks and you'll be able to see something.

I've gained now only about 4 lbs, I was up to 8 lbs but I guess I was retaining water. This is 15 weeks now so I have high hopes I'll get through this will only a 15 lbs or so gain. I've been tracking my calories and exercise on www.dietwatch.com and I think it has really helped keep me focused and away from eating a lot of junk.

Take care all. See you again soon.
Old 03-17-2001, 10:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 330/325/170

Hello again ladies!

Just thought I'd drop in to see how everyone is doing.

Sara~~ I've gotten a few maternity pieces off of E-Bay that have really come in handy. With my first pregnancy I wore mostly pantsets and shortsets with elastic waists. I could kick myself for giving them away because I sure could use them now.

Jen~~ I'll be glad when I start to show too because when I tell people I'm pregnant they immediately look at my stomach with this dumbfound look on their face as if saying "REALLY??" I can tell I'm getting bigger though by the way I'm walking now...not really waddling but just sticking out more in front. I can't suck in my stomach now, that's for sure.

Hello Bensmom!

Better go! Take care ladies!
Old 03-17-2001, 12:15 PM   #9  

Jen -- Be glad you aren't showing too much yet! I am already showing plenty and wearing maternity clothes! (I know part of it is this being the 3rd time around -- I'm all stretched out. haha Plus I had ample tummy there to begin with!) It's exciting to be having some "progress" but at the same time, I know any day now I'm going to be getting the comments, "WHEN are you due? Not until September? Are you expecting twins?!" I got that all the time with my last pregnancy. Oh well.

Good for you for keeping your diet on track. I've been doing really well with eating healthy (lots of fruit and veggies) but the last few days I've been sneaking in chocolate too! I've had real cravings for it, and I'm not normally a really big sweets person. I know the sugar isn't good for me or the baby...

Have a good weekend everyone!

Sara
9/08
Old 03-19-2001, 07:15 AM   #10  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Oh please! I am still eating chocolate! I sure couldn't stop eating chocolate no matter what. Yesterday I had caesar salad and french fries for lunch then a small pack of m&m's with dinner. Oh well. They baby wanted it
Old 03-20-2001, 11:55 AM   #11  

Jen -- I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I have a pack of peanut m&ms in my freezer right now...calling to me...but hey, it's protein, right?! haha

Scully -- I'm responding to your post here. I know what you mean about the m clothes. It's still exciting, though, that at least it's progress! Also, if you have a Sears in your area, check it out! I was amazed that they have a great selection of maternity clothes, and in PLUS sizes! Wow! No one carries plus sizes in the stores! I was thrilled. It made me feel so much better. I got several Spring outfits (I was pg in winter both times before) and an Easter dress.

Moosetracks, mmm...you are a saint to be not eating that! I could eat a whole container of that kind, I swear! Normally I totally crave ice cream but haven't lately. It's been chocolate, which normally isn't my thing. Just think how good it will taste to you when Lent is over! haha Keep up your resolve.

I am feeling pretty good today so far...

Sara
Old 03-20-2001, 06:37 PM   #12  

Hi ladies!
Happy First Day of Spring! It was a beautiful day here in Chicago ~ sunny and in the 50's, what a nice change!

Well, I went out with a friend today and we were in Carson Pirie Scott, so I decided to look at maternity clothes. They had a few really cute things, and a lot of stuff was on sale. I broke down and bought a maternity swim suit and overall-denim shorts, which were on clearance for $10 each! Not bad. I have to admit though, looking at the stuff, I'm not that ready (especially mentally) and yet soon I will be(physically).

I hope that everyone is having a great day and has gotten out to breathe some fresh air!

See everyone later!
Scully and Bellybean
Old 03-21-2001, 07:27 AM   #13  

It was a nice day here in the Hudson Valley, too. Unfortunately, there are predictions of foul weather coming. But I managed to be outside for the first day of Spring for a good amount of time. The daffodils are coming up nicely now.

I have not decided yet if I like or dislike the idea of maternity clothes. I definitely do not like the prices. I have been buying a few things just in larger sizes figuring I will be able to wear them for awhile after the baby is born. But I have bought some maternity items from Sears and Walmart. My real problem is pants. I have just been buying size 20 and 22 leggings. When I lost the 80 pounds last year, I gave away most of my large size clothes. I never wanted to see them again. Now I wish I kept some. At the time though, it was the right thing to do for my self-esteem.

I have been working out in the mornings. I find I feel better if I can do something aerobic every day. It really boosts my energy level.

Have a great day, everyone!
Closed Thread