Old 02-23-2009, 09:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 460/460/160

Height: 5ft6

Default Uggh saying hello again

I actually typed out a hello earlier, walked off before I sent it and lost it when I tried to submit it later. I am currently facing the enormous task of losing 300 lbs. I recently injured my knee in a minor way, but it caused some pretty major problems with my mobility given the amount of weight I'm trying to carry around. It was this experience that made me realize how close I was to becoming bedridden. I talk more about what got me to where I am today on my blog imsupersuper.blogspot.com . I started it as a way to make me face my situation each day because apparently I've been able to overlook it long enough to get to my current weight of 460 lbs.

Its taken me several months to overcome a sprained muscle in my knee (at least thats what I think it was) and in the meantime, its meant that I was getting even less physical activity than I was prior to the injury. So, I currently am at a point where I can barely stand for longer than a minute or two without needing to sit down. I often feel like I need a shower after my shower and simply putting my bra on gets me breathing like I just ran a marathon. I'm really ready for things to change, but I'm still having such a hard time sticking to a diet! It's unreal that I need MORE to motivate me.

Anyway, I hope you guys won't mind a 400 lber crashing your board for a while. I promise to get under the 400 mark as soon as I can By the way, if anybody else is blogging about their efforts, let me know. I need all the inspiration I can get.
supersquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:44 AM   #2  

Just jump into the weekly thread and tell us more about yourself. There is hope out there and I've found it here with these ladies.

I can't convey how much they mean to me (lurkers and all!!!).

Hugs,
Ratkitten
Ratkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

supersquared-WELCOME!!
Ditto to rat, just join right in. The people here are wonderful!!
worthapenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

HEYYY WELCOME WELCOME!

Yeah, just join right in! I was a bit shy at first, but people around here are really nice and very supportive.

I hope your leg injury gets better. I know it sucks when something hinders your movement. *HUGS*
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hey there! I am so glad you have found us. You have found a good place. There is support here but answers too. I can't wait to hear about your progress as you join us on the journey. I'm always here if you want to chat.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 460/460/160

Height: 5ft6

Thanks guys, so you just post back and forth in one thread for the week then?
supersquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:57 PM   #7  
started 1/28/08

Merksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:01 PM   #8  

Hiya S^2!

We start a new thread every week, but it's named the same (except for the number). Usually our fearless moderator does it first thing Monday morning or one of our more awake morning peeps.

Hugs,
Ratkitten
Ratkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:12 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

WELCOME~

We are all here to help you succeed!
azcyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:41 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

hey I can relate I myself was getting so big I was getting handycapped. At my heaviest I couldn't stand on my feet more than 15-20 minutes without my back killing me from all the weight pulling me forward and my knees and ankles felt sprained all the time. I couldn't climb stairs without gasping for air!

Believe me I know where you are coming from. Take heart though I have only lost 10% of my weight since Dec 1 and I feel SOOOO much better. haven't had a backache in months!

You can do it you just gotta stay on track and never give up and know that everyone slips up and the trick is to just get back on track immediately when the slip ups come!

welcome
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote