Old 02-23-2009, 12:53 PM   #1  
One pound at a time...

Talking I can now wear high heels!!!!

This is big for me. For years, I have avoided high heels like the plague, simply because after wearing them even for a few hours, the balls of my feet would be aching and my knees screaming from the pain. Of course, I was too dense to realize that my weight had EVERYTHING to do with it.

This past weekend, I thought I would treat myself to some new shoes. I love the look of the pointy toe shoes that are now out, but again with my fear of heels, I was not sure I could "suffer" for beauty. I keep forgetting how much weight I truly have lost and the difference it is making on my health. Biggest difference of course is stress on the joints.

This is the picture of a shoe I now can wear with comfort.

I think I have found another addiction!

Last edited by ChocLabLover; 02-25-2009 at 03:42 PM.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:01 PM   #2  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Wow! Wow! Congrats! They look great!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:17 PM   #3  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

So, once I lose the weight I will be able to wear heels? *puts that on the list of why to lose weight* I'm horribly unbalanced in heels when I do force myself to wear them.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:45 PM   #4  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I haven't worn heels like that since I was in college. How bad do a person at a normal weight's feet hurt at the end of the day wearing shoes like that? I'm curious, because I don't know the answer to that question. Anyone?
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:50 PM   #5  
One pound at a time...

You need to make sure they fit right, or your feet will still hurt. In other words, they should not pinch. High heels (in practice) are bad for your feet for lots of reasons.

1) Throws your back alignment out

2) Puts a lot of pressure on the front of your foot instead of having the weight distributed on the arch of the foot

3) Bunions, hammer toes, etc

Now, will I wear the above every single day? Probably not. I have seen what years of high heel wear have done to my mom's feet. However, it is nice that I can wear them on occasion and not be bedridden for the next few days afterwards.

Last edited by ChocLabLover; 02-23-2009 at 03:50 PM.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #6  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

I'd say that's a pretty fabulous Non Scale Victory!!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCHound View Post
I haven't worn heels like that since I was in college. How bad do a person at a normal weight's feet hurt at the end of the day wearing shoes like that? I'm curious, because I don't know the answer to that question. Anyone?
i'm still in the overweight department, but even when i was smaller, they were definitely not comfortable. some are just mildly uncomfortable and some make your feet scream the second you stand up.
it just depends on the particular shoes and on your feet.
sws19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:12 PM   #8  
started 1/28/08

GREAT shoes and great post!

Like you, I gradually stopped wearing really high heels as I gained weight - not only did they make my knees hurt if I wore them for very long, but my feet actually got too wide for some of them .

I'm really looking forward to being able to wear my nice shoes again, and I'll probably give some of the more reasonable ones a try in 20-30 lbs or so. I can't wait!
Merksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/119

Height: 5ft2

hey great stuff!!! i looouuurrrvvveeee shoes. im only short so love weaing high heels. well done on your weight loss and enjoy your new shoes
clarelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:16 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Because of my height, I don't wear like platforms or super high ones, but yes! I am wearing them now too--in fact, almost daily. Most of mine are more like "pumps"--maybe 3.5 inches high or so. When I was larger they were uncomfortable and I felt wide and gigantic. Now, they make me feel slimmer.

On another note, sometimes I feel like wearing pumps kind of gives me a workout. Maybe it's my imagination but it feels like I am using my thigh muscles and calf muscles more.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:18 PM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Congratulations on a SPECTACULAR NSV. I think high heels are just one of the sexiest things a woman could put on. And I went without them for years and years and years. I couldn't wear them for the same reasons you mentioned. I hated going to wedding and stuff wearing what looked practically like nurses shoes. Oh how inferior and [U]un[U]feminine and horribly self conscious I felt. I cried like a baby when I was able to step back in them. I don't know, but when you put a pair on - you just feel like, like, I don't know - HOT STUFF!!! I can't believe I went so long missing out of that spectacular feeling.

When they say nothing tastes as good as being thin feels - this is one of the times they're speaking about, without a doubt.

Congratulations again and keep up the work - it's worth it. It's worth it. Oh, but you know that already.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:20 PM   #12  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

those are some pretty awesome shoes! That is so cool that you can wear them again!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:22 PM   #13  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations!

Usually the more expensive shoes also have better support so they don't hurt as bad Don't go cheap on shoes ever! I learned the hard way
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:56 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 308/284/160

Height: 5'5"

OHHHH Lord! I am a shoe whore!!!! I LOVE high heels, and shoes of ANY KIND!!!!

This is a huge reason why I'm losing weight. I miss wearing my cute pumps, my mary janes, and just my CFMP's...LOL

I feel like such a frump having to wear old lady shoes, but for now, it's all good. I am working on getting out of debt, and I have a promise to myself that once I'm at goal, and out of debt (should be July 2009!! WOOHOOO!!!!) I am buying a pair of Manolo Blahniks!

I can't wait!

Last edited by lindalou0510; 02-23-2009 at 02:57 PM.
lindalou0510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:07 PM   #15  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

omg i ALWAYS wear heels!! i LOVE LOVE LOVE shoes. but i have found that now i have lost weight the shoes keep getting taller and taller! i can proudly say that i currently wear 4in heel to go dancing all night and feel GREAT!! (not to mention HOTT!)
corazonas is offline   Reply With Quote