Old 02-12-2009, 05:21 AM   #1  

Default Need to regain control

I have been feeling terrible these days =( School has been very very stressful as of late and as a result I have been overeating (~500 calories over every day for the past 2 weeks). While I really love food it's really stressing me out that I have lost control of my eating. My diet plan had been working pretty well and I was generally good at avoiding snacks (e.g. chocolate bars, muffins, croissants), but these days I've been eating those at large amounts at a time, even when I am consciously aware that I am full.

I am so disappointed in myself in so many ways... and am conscious of the additional weight that I've been putting on. =(
conanedogawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 147/142/125

Height: 5'3

Today is a new day! Start today and get back on your healthy eating. Dont dwell on what you did yesterday pick yourself up and start again.
You can do this!!!
butterflywings34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 294/see ticker/190

Height: 6ft 0.5 inches

butterflywings has already given you the best piece of advice.

you've recognised what you're doing and why so treat tomorrow / today as a new day and get back on plan.
anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/172/155

Height: 5'6"

Hey conanedogawa,

don't be so down, school IS stressful. you've alot on your plate right now. if it's any consolation, 500 cals over your limit isn't all that bad. I've gone thousands of cals over, so 500 is just 'sort of ' bad for me. not the best , but definitely not the worst

just make a small goal, remember to pick foods you like, take a little time to just step back and breathe each day, and don't get down about it.
You're making an effort, and its a step in the right direction. Set back are part of the game, you just can't let them get to you.
kaebea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:08 PM   #5  

Thanks for all the encouragement. I still haven't regained control yet *shame*

However, starting tomorrow I will not give in to unhealthy snacks again, and will pick up from where I left off 3 weeks ago (before I started binging every single day).

I am depressed, and by binging everyday I am feeling even more depressed. Life is very rough at the moment and things haven't been going that well. I really wish I could lose weight (so far from the binging I've already gained 6 pounds =( )
Old 02-22-2009, 08:09 PM   #6  

and thank you I do read and listen to your advice. just that i find it's easier said than done =(
Old 02-22-2009, 10:00 PM   #7  

Hang in there! We look for progress, not perfection. Just stick with it and take one day at a time.
tvalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:09 PM   #8  

6 pounds in 3 weeks is not so bad.I know it feels like it to you but you can lose those pretty quickly by getting back on plan.I know how depressing this can be.You are not alone.Keep us posted on how you are doing.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote