Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-20-2009, 11:51 AM   #1  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

Default Skinny Jeans

Today my granny pulled out a big bag of clothes I'd given her to throw away last time I was losing weight. In it was mostly big baggy boy jeans I'd worn in high school and baggy t-shirts, stuff I never wanted to wear again. But deep down in the bag was my only pair of size 12s EVER. I got into them a couple of summers ago and probably could have this summer if I'd have found them, but right now my 14s cut off my circulation. Still, I'm close enough that its a conceivable goal that I might be able to fit into those jeans sometime soon. They're from middle school, so getting back into them would be kind of a huge thing.
Anyway I pulled them out of the bag and brought them upstairs and hung them up on my closet doors. We'll see who's boss, me or the jeans.

Anybody else got a pair of skinny jeans or a cute bathing suit or a special outfit you're using as motivation?
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:07 PM   #2  
FB

When I weighed 295 pounds I was given a smallish size large two piece swimming suit by my catty, body obsessed and very thin sister. It wasn't a nice gesture, believe me. I had just started losing weight when it was given to me, she didn't know yet. It served to remind me how very far I had to go.

At the time it wouldn't have fit around my calf, maybe it would have worked as a wrist sweatband? Anyhow, it's too big now. I plan on wearing it to her house at a swimming party, falling off this summer. I am so going to embarrass her!

I've kept that hateful, ugly and wretched thing around for over a year now. I've tried it on every month and every month I've come closer. The day it was too big was a very happy one!

She gave me a pair of size 4 jeans last week. I guess she's feeling threatened? All I could do was laugh.

Last edited by FB; 02-20-2009 at 12:09 PM.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:19 PM   #3  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

she doesn't sound very pleasant at all
but oh my gosh congratulations! I can't wait for a victory like that.
Show her who's boss.
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:04 PM   #4  
I will be positive

S/C/G: 224/183/135

Height: 5'4"

When my husband and I were "dating" he sent me a beautiful skirt and blouse set for my birthday. I absolutely love it but havent been able to get into it since before we were married, that was 8 years ago. Its been in my closet since then just waiting for me to decide to lose weight and get into it again. I'm probably still about 20 pounds away but I'm getting there and I'm not giving up.
inspired by you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #5  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I keep buying new "skinny" clothing as I lose weight and work towards getting into the new clothes. Right now I have 2 pair of pants and a skirt suit for the summer that need about 10 gone to fit into. Can't wait. They are size 10s.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

I have kept a lot of my size 6's and am hoping to get back into them soon. It's not all that far away now because I am wearing 8's! In particular I love a fringed skirt that reminds me of a southwest Indian blanket that I loved to wear with boots.
Thinfor5Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Ha ha. My husband has to walk by Victoria's Secret to get between our offices (which he does once every two weeks or so.) He WAY underestimates what size I am and how much I weigh...not maliciously, he's just a not so apparel savvy guy. So he'll buy a size 6, when I'm a size 12 because he sees the size 12 and thinks, wow, you're tiny! This is way too big for you. Most things I exchange, because he has good taste in picking things out even though he gets the sizes way off. But two pairs of cute shorts and capris I kept as "goal pants." So while I don't really have skinny jeans, I have his bi-weekly pop ins at Vickie's to keep me motivated!
nods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:11 PM   #8  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I also have a pair of size 12 jeans- an old brand from back in the day called "c'est toi" and they always made me look HOT. So I have them in my closet- just calmly waiting for me

I believe it means "it's you" and man those jeans made me look HOT! The store I used to buy them at closed down years ago and never been able to find them in the area since- I'm sure I could if I tried harder.

Oh I want to see bikini pictures btw! Stuff like that is always awesome
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:22 PM   #9  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default red dress

When I first started working full time as a midwife, after several years of under-employment and financial struggle, I went to the sale outlet of a very upscale store in town.
This Alfred Sung dress was originally 250$, (in 1997 dollars!) and I got it for 100$, which was still a huge amount of money to us.
I wore it for my "graduation" and a couple of other special events before I got to fat to wear it in a couple of years. Its a size ten, I wore it when I was about 140-150 pounds, which is the high end of normal weight for me, and happens to be my goal. I felt elegant and attactive in that dress.
I want to wear it again.
I haven't been planning for that until now, thanks for the reminder and putting a picture to my goal!
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:28 PM   #10  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Height: 5'7"

When I was getting married I was looking all over for a dress. Something light, flirty and cute. It was gonna be a tiny wedding very casual. I saw this dress and fell madly in love and ordered the largest size they had begging and hoping and in total denial about how big I was

When it came I couldnt even pretend to get the thing on. I was heartbroken. I was going to return it and my husband knowing how much I loved it said I should keep it just incase.

So it sits hidden away for one day...the day I can wear it will be the happiest.

moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:28 PM   #11  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

I have a pair of grey dressy pants that are about 8 yrs old. I haven't been able to wear them for about 5 years now because I've never managed to get back down to my goal weight. I WILL be wearing those pants again by this summer. Even if I continue to only lose 1-2 lbs a week, within 3 months I should be zipping those pants up with room to spare!!
dangerouscurves76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:36 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I bought a dress a few weeks ago for my brother in law's wedding. It fits in the top but is a bit small in the skirt. (bottom heavy) Anyways, I am going to wear it in June, and it is going to look amazing.
lovesjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 145/135/125

So funny that you posted this.... I just bought a really cute bikini the other day and it's hanging in my bedroom as motivation.

It's been years since I could wear one and if I stick with it, I know this will be the summer!
blue_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 209/174/155

So funny because last night I went digging in the closet for a bikini I bought and wore 4 1/2 years ago. I was so hot in it and I loved it. Well I thought I gave it to Goodwill but I went digging and found it!!! It is now hanging in the bedroom for me to see everytime I am in there. I also workout in the bedroom so even more motivation to dig in while working out!

I also had a conversation about that summer of me looking so hot with my husband. I lost a lot of weight cause I had a third shift job and my eating, sleeping and every other life habit changed while working there. I had a manual job and now it is back to normal life and being overweight. I really toke that one for granted (shame on me). Well I asked my husband why he never complimanted me or anything that year. He said he 'doesn't know why, but I was sexy!'. I yelled at him and said 'a little late' but this time he won't be keeping his thoughts to himself!!!!
Phyxius79 is offline   Reply With Quote