Old 02-19-2009, 07:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 something chat thurs feb 19th

Morning all. Hope everyone is well. nothing really exciting here..just thought i'd say hi.

ranger...good job on getting up early to workout. I really need to do that.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:06 AM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning everyone. The weather is beautiful here today so, we are going to the mall! LOL. It always cracks me up when we have a sunny day and the malls are so crowded. I am making a quick trip to TX this weekend (I will be there just over 24 hours) because my grandmother is not doing well. I want to find some NJ t-shirts for my nephews. I hope I can find some.

If you guys have any good thoughts/prayers to spare I'd sure appreciate them for my GM. She was always a very active woman (international travel, lived alone, etc) up until last year. She turned 80 and her life fell apart. Now she's in a nursing home and they think she has Alzheimer's. They told me if I wanted to see her while she still knew me I better get there, so I'm going. My mom went to see her a couple of weeks ago (she lives about 2 hours away) and said she looked very bad. Anyhow, if you have any to spare, Edith in TX could sure use them.

Off to get ready for the mall trip. Have a great day everyone!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:46 AM   #3  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

oh Karen, I'm sooo sorry about your grandmother! Will be thinking about you guys....have a safe trip!

We've kinda had a situation, as well. We have this family that we've been friends with for probably 14 years....the couple is retirement age (65-70) and had two daughters (grown, of course). One daughter died about 1 1/2 yrs ago from a drug interaction. Well, they live with the other daughter (49 yr old--her husband recently died as well...maybe 2 years ago and the parents moved in with her to be there for her). Well, the 49 yr old had a ruptured brain aneurysm Monday night and is on life support awaiting to donate her organs...she has no brain activity. Sooo, this couple has gone from having two daughters to having no daughters in less than 2 years. It has been a very tragic week....I don't know how they'll live thru this and am terribly worried about them. Maybe everyone could share their prayers between Karen's grandmother and the Clement family? I'd surely appreciate it!

On to an equally sad note, I fell completely off the (food) wagon night before last...but am back on now. I'm not even going to brave the scales until next Monday. I'm sure I've gained back the two lbs I lost last week. Oh well, we all mess up sometimes....just get up, dust yourself off, learn from your mistake and go on!

Have a good day everyone!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

HI Everyone, I am back!!!
have not been here for quiet some time!
good to see you guys!

Gaining sorry about all the sadness. and preyers for you and your love ones!
Karen enjoy the nice weather, and prayers for you and your GM too!

GG i hope you have a good day at work today!

I am home all day! maybe going out to Panera for lunch, but nothing exiting!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 207/194.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Morning y'all! It's a much prettier day here in the Carolinas. I'm gonna go out and take a walk today with my iPod instead of doing an indoor exercise tape. Hope everyone makes it a great day!

Last edited by CarolinaGirl; 02-19-2009 at 11:19 AM.
CarolinaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

Unhappy

Sigh! I wrote a couple of days ago about pains I was having in my stomach.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...light=duodenum
Well, I had the same issue last night...again... This will be the third time in 5 days that I have woken up in the middle of the night in severe pain. First night was Sunday morning, second night Tuesday morning, and third night this morning. I'm starting to find a pattern here. The problem is happening about 6 to 8 hours after I have a heavy meal. Antacids don't help. I'm throwing up. It hurts just below my ribs. The pain last for 4 to 6 hours and then it disappears like nothing happened.

I have two guesses of what it could be. It could be a gallbladder problem or a duodenal ulcer. I've had the duodenal ulcer before. I just know I have to go the doctor. I just don't want to. I am running on very little sleep. I need my sleep in order to be Super Mom.

Karen, sorry to hear about GM. My mom has been in hospice care for a while, but she's hanging in there. She has dementia too. I know it's difficult when you think that someone has been so intelligent and then the symptoms start.

Alright, I'm going to try to work now.

Celia

Last edited by SapphireBlue; 02-19-2009 at 10:36 AM.
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:48 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Karen, I'll keep grandma in my prayers. Have a safe trip.

Diana, I'll keep your friend's family in my prayers. I'm w/ya' on falling off the wagon this week. The hag was here this week wrecking havoc on my willpower.

Celia, get yourself to the doctor girl! You can't be supermom if your miserable!

Hanna, Good to see you! I've been wondering where you've been!

Hello to everyone! Have a great day!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Hi Lauren! I have to admit I am addicted to FB !
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Karen and Diana - I will be thinking of your friends and family. It is hard to watch people you love suffer. Hand in there.

Sapphire - If it's your gall bladder the solution is easy (well, not easy, but totally fixable), but I don't even know what you do for an ulcer. Good luck.

The sun is out today and the rain has stopped. I think we will take a quick trip to the snow to do some sledding and I am definitely going to take a run outside. I feel like I have been indoors for a year now and it's only been a week.

Have a great day!!!
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:52 AM   #10  
Where'd my 23yo body go?

Height: 5'3"

Hugs and prayers all around!

My kids seem to all be feeling better today-ust some residual coughing now. SO I'll actually be able to get out of the house and get some errands done! YAY!!!
daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:28 PM   #11  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good afternoon ladies~ I made it through another day OP and am starting to feel more in control everyday. I'm thinking maybe it's finally clicked for me after 5 months of jacking around! Not much going on here today...just got back from the gym and plan on reading some today. My husband and I got into a little fight yesterday over him wanting to be a super hero. He has this notion that he is going to re-tile my whole shower. No my husband is great at what he does, but other then that he is the most impatient person I know. I was just trying to tell him I don't think he is realizing how hard re-tiling a shower is going to be. I could see the finished product in my head, and it makes me wanna cry. I love him to death, but he is a stubborn SOB!! I really need to sit with him tonight and talk it out now that I've calmed down some This weekend I'm going with my MIL and SIL to a local theatre to see To Kill A Mockingbird...can't wait! I live watching live theatre. I just recently took them both to see Wicked...it was my second time seeing it. I could go see that a million times though. Good news for my checkbook though is left Chicago!LOL! Other then that though not much happening here.

Karen- I will be keeping grandma in my thoughts...enjoy your visit hun

Diana- That poor family...I sometimes think what would it be like if I ever lost one of my kids and I honestly don't see how I could go on. It just seems unnatural for a parent to bury a kid. God bless them!

Hanna- I love the soup at Panera! My cousin worked there for a while and would bring stuff home...that was not good!LOL! Enjoy your lunch

CarolinaGirl- I can't wait for it to warm up a bit here...I love walking outside in the fresh air. It's about 12 degrees here today though!

Celia- Sorry to hear about the pain your in...for sure though get yourself to the doctor. You need to get yourself better!

Lauren- Have a great day~

rileyozzy- Enjoy the weather!

daydreamer- Glad to hear the kids are on the mend~

Have a wonderful day ladies
Tina30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:33 PM   #12  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Karen & Diana - I will definately add them to my prayer list!

Diana - I fell off last night. It was horrible. My monthly has become such a pain on the 1st day. I was so drained yesterday that I could barely stay awake to drive home, but the pain kept me going. I got home & did great for dinner, but then the "chocolate monster" woke up and I was powerless. I had 1 c BlueBell Strawberry IceCream (not fat free) and 2 tbps Double Chocolate Hershey's Syrup...but that didn't fix the issue. So I ate 2 Little Debbie Brownies. So that satisfied the chocolate craving, then 15 minutes later I just had to have something salty. So I cracked open the Orville Redenbacher's Buttery Salt & Cracked Pepper mini bag. I ate 2 of them. Finally I was satisfied. Thank goodness I was good all day up til then so I only consumed 2300 calories.
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #13  

S/C/G: see signature!

Height: 5'6

Hello everyone! Have been bouncing from the diet buddies to here. I am sick as a DOG right now, its messing with my ashtma pretty bad, so no exercising right now, my boss just sent me home if that tells you anything....
I did make myself some homemade vegetable soup and it turned out great, I have some leftover for dinner this evening, so trying best to stay within my calorie intake during the time I dont feel like cooking/preparing 3 meals a day...
Karen I am so sorry about your GM, I went through that with my GF for years and it was heartbreaking, just get all the time in with her while you can, and always remember the good times.
Sapphire I am sorry to hear about your pains, our friend just went to have his gallbladder removed, as did my father....hope you get to the doctor and they get you feeling better soon!
Diana - I feel for your friends tragedies, I cannot imagine going through all that loss... on a lighter note, good for you to take you set back in stride and get right back on track!
I am glad everyone is enjoying the sunshine, Im going to go get lots of rest and hope to be back out there enjoying it soon enough!
WVU Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:06 PM   #14  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Well dangit!!!!!!! It's not even 2 pm and I've consumed about 16 points so far today....I try to stay at 24, but according to WW I can have 30...although after falling off day before yesterday, I really wanna stay at 24!! I was going to take DD to Subway at lunch, but they were packed so I talked myself into going to Sonic....MISTAKE!! I ate the best thing I could for me...grilled chicken sandwich w/mustard, no mayo and maybe 2/3 of DD small fries (I planned that when I ordered).....it was 7 for the sandwich and 6 for ALL of the fries (I counted it as 4 since I ate about 2/3). For breakfast I had a 3 point fiber one bar (3) and am eating a yoplait light boston cream pie yogurt now (2)... Maybe I'll send DH and kiddos out for supper and I won't eat?? I dunno.....

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes everyone! I appreciate it!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:46 PM   #15  
Wanda

S/C/G: 249/246/150

Height: 5 2

Hey ladies....

Wow we all seem to be having some major issues in our lives these days. Mine are financial worries. I have just gone back to work after my wrist fracture and we are sinking rapidly. I am the major money earner and when that is taken away you really take a hit. I am a depression eater and well you can guess what I have been doing. I have not done well this week and the end of last week. You can only answer the phone to so many people asking for money before you totally break down. They don't care that you have no income right now they just want their money. Grrrr....life can really suck sometimes.

There that is out....I feel a little better....lol

Carolinagirl could you send some of that sunshine up here to Canada??? We had snow yesterday and I believe they are calling for more tonight. I am so ready for spring.

Karen and Diana I will keep your family and friends in my thoughts.

Hi to everyone else!
babynurse91 is offline   Reply With Quote