Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-18-2009, 11:35 PM   #1  

Height: 5'3"

Default feeling discouraged

i've been hovering at a 10lb. loss for about 2 weeks now. i haven't had a lot of time to exercise so i've been eating for a "sedentary lifestyle" according to the daily plate. i realize that exercise is important, but since i am eating the calorie amounts for someone who isn't exercising, why is it stalling? not a lot has changed since the first couple of weeks (that went well) so I don't understand why I am not getting anywhere.

though i will say that people have noticed a change in how i look. does that count more than the numbers do?
beautybooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:16 AM   #2  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

Don't dispair beauty. I've been hovering with only a 5lb loss for about the same amount of time with the same situation. When we exercise we also build muscle that helps to burn more calories. You may be redistributing your weight and so you don't notice a loss. Are you eating alot of sodium? You could also be retaining water. I know that I haven't been drinking enough of that!

Hey, we'll get ourselves going soon. At least we have NOT gained!
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:09 AM   #3  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

and sometimes we just do seem to stall, even when there's still a lot to lose. I never understand the why of it myself, with the amount I have to lose and the amount I've sometimes eaten, I'd have thought I'd sail through the first several 10s of lbs - but it doesn't happen. Sometimes it just seems as though our bodies need to pause and regroup and then Will start again.
I may not know Why the pauses happen but I Do know that if you persevere, it will suddenly kick off again.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/Ticker/130

Height: 5' 5.5", age 59

Are you eating a healthy, balanced diet that isn't too high in carbs, fats, sugar or salt? And drinking plenty of water? How many calories below maintenance are you?
recidivist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:15 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Hey! Yes, I'd like to know what your calorie target is too. I know you've posted it before... but I can't remember.

Maybe do some walking for exercise? Or find the time for other things? I found that if I waited until I "had time" to exercise, I didn't. So I made it a priority to get my time in.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:09 AM   #6  
Grasshopper

S/C/G: 197/117/100

Height: 4'10"

Just wanted to add I'm in your boat floating with you. After months of being in the mid 140's I suddenly slipped down to 132. And No matter what I do now, I've even upped my exercise, the scale won't budge. This seems to be a pattern, I have a nice steady weight loss, then it stops. As long as there's no gain, I take comfort in that, and keep going. Hang in there, it will start again!
RedKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:16 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Yes, what is it that you are eating? How carefully are you monitoring your calories? How consistient are you with sticking to your calorie allotment?

And beauty, it may be you just have to find the time and make the commitment to add in exercise. If it's weight loss you're after, exercise really does play a pivotal role.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:44 AM   #8  
Melting the lbs away

S/C/G: 185/154/125

Height: 5'2"

I just went through the same thing last week. I lost 15 lbs in January and now in Feb, I have only lost 2 lbs so far and it's mid Feb already. Just keep on dieting and exercising and you will see the lbs come off.
Cruebratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:33 AM   #9  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

I know this must be frustrating for you, but stick with it, the pounds will come off. Try adding small amounts of walking into your day. Park further from the entrance, take the steps instead of the elevator, walk in place while watching TV, anything to give your metabolism a little boost. Hang in there!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:51 AM   #10  
No description available.

Online calorie counts may not always be accurate for individuals. If you are eating and tracking precisely and hitting what TDP states are your sedentary calories, but you are not losing, then you have found a calorie level that allows you to maintain. How many calories are you eating?
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:45 PM   #11  

the daily plate claims that for me to lose 2lbs. a week with a sedentary lifestyle i should be eating 2071 calories a day. i generally do not eat that much, though. i do count my calories very carefully. i consider each and every thing that goes into my body. a change i did make this week was to stop drinking as much soda and to drink more water. here's what my calorie intake has been over the last several days. also, for the most part, it is well balanced between veggies, meats, carbs, etc.

Tue

Wed

Thur

Fri

Sat

Sun

Mon

Tue

Wed

Thur

Fri
wasn't able to record

Sat

Sun

Mon

Tue

Wed

Thu
895 (so far)

I might have some of the days of the week messed up there, but you catch my drift.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:56 PM   #12  

If you fail to resume weight loss after sticking to this for awhile, you may need to see a doctor to find out if you have insulin resistance or thyroid problems.

I know you say you don't have time to exercise, but you don't need to exercise all in one time block. Can you squeeze in three ten minute sessions of brisk walking or something during the day? It really will help to give your metabolism a bump. I can't believe how much quicker I lose weight when I am more mobile...and then when I spend a week or two recovering from being too mobile, my weight loss drops significantly.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:39 PM   #13  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

hey beauty.
I'm on the daily plate as well, and it says I should be eating around 2000 calories but that's way too much for me right now to be losing weight. I instead set my own calorie goal of 1300-1400, and I'm hanging out there for awhile until I see what kind of weight loss is going to come and then I'll adjust either more or less from there. That's the best way to do it, in my opinion. Just find out what works for you.
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:45 AM   #14  

Beauty, what is your age again? You might want to list that in your profile, as that's a factor in the calculations, as is your height.

Last edited by recidivist; 02-20-2009 at 01:52 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:17 AM   #15  

I fixed it

5'3" and 22 years old