Old 02-18-2009, 07:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/171/125

Height: 5'4''

Unhappy Weigh-In troubles...

Hi All,

I'm not having a good day

I've been away on a mini-vacation for the past 3 days. Knowing I was going to a place with amazing and tempting foods, I did the following:

- Called the hotel to find out if they could accommodate requests for healthy preparations of food (which they said would be "no problem")
- packed a bunch of fruit for breakfast and snacks so that I wouldn't be tempted
- Only ordered things like vegetable soup and salad (no dressing) for lunches
- Ordered my dinners cooked "dry" without sauces, oil, or cheese and with "filling" substitutes wherever possible
- Ran 5k one day and swam every day
- Drank TONS of water
- Got in all my good health guideline checks.

So, you'd think I had things under control, right? I went to my weigh-in today and i lost NOTHING. I'm the exact same weight that I was last week.

I know that staying the same is better than nothing, but I feel like I deprived myself all weekend, and for nothing.

In my meeting today, my leader made a point of saying how great it was that I had gone on vacation and not gained, but I thought the point was that you could eat out and continue to lose, as long as you're within your points? Which brings me to another issue- I accumulated 15 activity points this week, all of which I ate (I have found that I lose more if I eat them) , and I only went 5 points into my flex. I did this so that if I miscalculated the points for my dinners out, I would have a buffer zone.

Anyway, this whole thing has made me feel like I don't ever want to go on vacation or eat in a restaurant again, since I had to suffer through dry salad and still didn't lose. (I should also say that I know that there are other options when eating at a restaurant, but as it turns out, the hotel was NOT very accommodating of my requests, so there wasn't much choice beyond that.)

Does anyone agree with my leader? Should I be happy to have not gained when I worked so hard to lose?

Thanks for any input...
primaballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:41 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6

It's extremely frustrating, and I cannot tell you the number of times I have done everything perfect and not lost. Some weeks the weight will fall off and others it won't. I know that's not the answer you want to hear after working so hard. Your body just needs time to adjust. Don't be surprised if you have a big lose next week Hang in there
sammi861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:43 PM   #3  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

Could it be the salt content? Maybe they figure if the food is so bland they can make it more appealing with salt. You never know what you're going to get when you're eating food prepared by someone else.
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:39 PM   #4  

Thanks for your replies!

Sammi- I hope you're right! It's nice to know that someone else has done everything right and also not lost. Thanks for your support!

RN- Yes, I had considered the sodium, and that's probably a big part of it....I'm usually really careful about sodium and drank lots of water to try to make up for it...but you're right, you never know what's in it when someone else prepares it. This is why I hate eating in restaurants unless it's something I really want. So not worth it!
Old 02-20-2009, 07:25 PM   #5  

No, that is not right. You have to do more than stay within your points to lose weight - you have to get in the 9HGs every day. I think you did wonderfully well to maintain and you certainly shouldn't be disappointed. Did you actually write down every BLT every day? This plan is about making permanent lifestyle changes in the way we eat so you did a good job of practicing it while away from home.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/210/140

Height: 5"9 somewhere around there

Yes you should be very glad you dident gain weight...thats a good thing.but on the other hand not losing weight is fine too..ur not gonna loose 5 pounds every week..Just belive in yourself and dont get too upset if ya dont loose anything.Hope it helps
Nikkipooh
nikkipooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:04 AM   #7  

Hi Susan- as I said in my original post, I did get in all the good health guidelines every day. And yes, I did write down every singe bite. I am very careful about my tracking- I'm super committed to the program. I also exercised every day that I was away (swimming laps and running). That's why I was so surprised...Thanks for the vote of confidence, though! I'm sure I'll get over it when I lose next.

Nikkipooh- Thanks also for your comments. You are right- maintaining is better than gaining. I'm certainly not expecting to lose 5 lbs a week. In fact, my loss has usually been on average about 1 lb a week since I started. But I've always lost at least something.

I guess my frustration stemmed from the fact that I wanted solutions from my leader and not just "Well, at least you didn't gain!" It was just a bad feeling when I really did work hard and didn't cheat all week.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:41 PM   #8  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

it wasnt for nothing! you maintained! thats good! you could have gained!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:20 PM   #9  

This has happened to me so many times.It is sooooooooooo frustrating.After watching several seasons of the biggest loser I have even seen it happen to people who work out 8 hours a day.So I believe that you did exactly the right thing.You stayed on your plan.You will lose at next weigh in.That is my guess.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:27 AM   #10  

Thanks for the support, ladies You're the best! I'm finished sulking, and will keep you posted as to whether I lose this week. I've been doing Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred, so I'm hoping for some results!

P.S. Harrismm- I LOVE the biggest loser! And you're absolutely right about the people who are working out 8 hours a day- i should keep that in mind from now on....it boggles my mind when that happens!