Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 02-18-2009, 01:53 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6.5

Default My UGLY boobs!!! Are your boobs ugly too?

So yeah, at least I bet many people will click on this thread just to see what it's about....but I almost want to post a picture of my deflated boobs! Yuck! I used to be known for having a "nice set." They are so ugly now after having a baby, then loosing a lot of weight, I don't even want to look in the mirror. I have to lift them up in my bra (and need to consider getting a smaller bra soon.) I just feel so unattractive with these hunks of skin laying against my ribs....or armpits when I lay on my back. EWWWWW! They are so darn UGLY.

I'm thinking about doing something about these ugly flabs of skin. What do you guys think? And what is out there to do? I don't think I would want implants, right? Or do I? Or just a lift? And if it's a lift, doesn't that leave ugly scars? how much does something like that really cost and is there a payment plan?? How do you know who you are going to is good? I want real boobs but what I have now is something I don't want to look at, much less say make someone else look at someday!

Anyone else have this problem?
JamieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:34 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I've never had good looking breasts but I just don't really care. You could look at a lift or implants if you wanted but your best bet may be a consult with a plastic surgeon.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I had wonderful breasts--a nice 38DD. I am now a 36B. My breasts well...they look like the little rounds of Canadian bacon.

I like the Wonderbra. It's the best thing I have found yet to boost and push together.

I have friends that were going in for a "lift" but were talked into the implants--supposedly much more attractive, etc. My main concern would be how they are able to do a mammo. with the implants there. I have sis with breast cancer so it's of concern to me. I would also want very natural looking breasts--nothing cartoonish and nothing to bring undue attention to myself.

I am honestly thinking hard about tummy tuck. If I do it, I will probably do boobs and breasts at same time.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 02-18-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:39 PM   #4  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Thats why stores have cute bras! So you put on the cute bra then look in the mirror! Cheepest solution!
JuliaDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I also totally hate my boobs. I'm hoping to find a good bra until the day comes when I'm brave enough, or have enough money for, implants.
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:51 PM   #6  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

*sigh* i hear ya... mine weren't big to begin with (36B) but now it's becoming very apparent that i need to start shopping for A's. i'm really disappointed about but there's a few upsides
1. there ARE tons of cute bras to fit any deflated boob
2. personally i would rather them be small on my fit body that semi small on my flabby body
3. because i'm smaller and they're smaller they actually kind of look perkier.

you just gotta work with what you got and get used to it. maybe you'll have tiny boobies but work on a bangin 6 pack to balance it out
corazonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:58 PM   #7  
Workin' It

I just got implants on 1/22. I have small scars under the breasts that are healing nicely. They cost me $4950, they did have a credit option but I saved and paid cash. I was a 34AA/32A before implant, am a 34D today. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:00 PM   #8  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Well even new boobs would leave scarring. But I've seen breast lifts and breast jobs and if you have a good surgeon and are generally healthy then scarring will be minimal and with time it fades. I had surgery on my hips years ago you can't even see the scars. Course now I have some fat in a funky place *sigh*

If you do surgery do NOT go cheap.

My boobs are a big saggy now BUT I still love them- eventually I plan to get a lift (after I'm done with my kids) but there is no way a surgeon will talk me into implants! If anything I want them smaller!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:14 PM   #9  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

A sock with a rock in the bottom. Yeah, that would probably be accurate.

But I just had a mammogram recently & it was so much easier than when they were fully inflated & always in the way. (I remember realizing at the time that each one was bigger than my head ... that was traumatic.)

Let them stay non-cancerous & let me always be able to afford a well-made, well-fitted bra, and I'll be reasonably contented. The poor things have been through a lot & they look it. If I can keep them all my life, without any major operation to scoop out their innards, I'll be okay with that.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:15 PM   #10  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Most people can breastfeed after implants but have trouble after a reduction.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Jamie Jo, I was told (by a friend that knows these things) that Victoria's Secret has swimsuits online with Wonderbras in them. I will definitely be buying one of them.

I had lumps out of my breast several years ago. The surgeon was very careful and went in just around the nipple to disguise the scar it would leave behind. I was told my milk ducts weren't affected but they were--I can't nurse from that breast.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:23 PM   #12  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Mine are gross....since losing weight. They used to be 44DD now they are 36C and I have to roll them up and put them in the cup. It is disgusting. Am I vain enough to have a b**b job. Nope. Like me or Leave me, is my philosophy.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:37 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

You sound like me, Annie...I went from a 38D to a 32A-B...but I have to wear a C to encase all the extra, saggy skin. I'm 28 and look like one of those cartoon old ladies with the flat boobs hanging down to their stomachs...

My husband could care less, but I do. It's made me SO uncomfortable. Before my weight loss I had no trouble being undressed in front of my husband...he hasn't seen me NOT clothed now in more than a year. If I got implants, it'd be for me, rather than him. I'm just scared. And broke.
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 220/186/170

Height: 5'5

Default boobs

I originally was a 36 c and my boob were great. At my heaviest I worse a 40DD. Now that I have lost 34 lbs, I don't know what size bra I should be wearing. But my boobs have deflated and look wrinkly. Someday after I have kids, I will get a lift or something.
wannabealewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:16 PM   #15  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

I didn't know what size I should be wearing, either. But I was on my way to the Whitney Museum one Saturday afternoon & I had some time to kill before it opened (it opens kind of late) & saw a shop sign for Brasmyth & stopped in there, figuring I'd get a professional in on the job. (It seemed like a job for a professional.)

She took one look at what I was wearing, carefully concealed her utter horror, and after a few questions about style, started scraping the hangers down the rods & carrying me stuff to try.

At one point, there were three ladies there staring at me standing in my little curtained booth, in my bra & my low riders. I tried hard to suck in my stomach. (I felt like an Amsterdam prostitute on display or a Barbie doll in the old-fashioned plastic case they used to be sold in.)

First of all, they had to demonstrate to me how to put the poor deflated things into the cups. They kept making grasping motions near their own chests, pantomiming packing together a snowball or something.

Frankly, I wanted to walk out there & hand each one a boob & say, "You put them in for me."

But they were right, once I learned how to put on these beautiful new bras, they really did look quite nice. The trick was bending over in the beginning, letting each boob swing into place, and then, once the band was fastened, sort of smooshing them from the outside until they were correctly placed. They showed me to watch for puckering & etc.

I walked out of that place with a sweet little peach-colored bag with a rope handle (which I am sure fascinated the coat-check guys at the Whitney, when I deposited it into their care shortly afterward) and a credit card that hadn't quite understood what hit it yet.

But you know, my chest has NEVER looked better. And I even don't mind changing in the locker room at the gym. These are bras to be **seen in.** Chantelle is the brand. I'm a believer.

Last edited by saef; 02-18-2009 at 04:18 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote