Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-17-2009, 03:43 PM   #1  
the chubby child

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5'7"

Default dress model to role model?

every year at my school, there's a prom "fashion show." i went to one when i was a scared little freshman, and seeing plus-size girls up there made me feel so much better about myself.

i decided to return the favor and signed up. after i read the list of models, i realized i was the *only one* above a size 8. i'm completely terrified now, and i came close to dropping it entirely.

coupled with the fact that my scale was broken... i actually weigh 8 pounds more than i thought i did. D:

anybody else ever consider dropping an activity because you were too self-conscience?
plum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/?/130

Height: 5'2

I know there have been a lot of things I didnt do throughout high school becuase i was always overweight. I hated even going to the mall with my friends becaues they would want to try on close and I knew that if I went to try on anything, I would feel huge compared to them. I missed out on a lot of stuff in high school because I was always too concerned about how much i weighed compared to everyone else instead of what would make me enjoy myself in the body that I had. I think that you should stick with it if you are comfortable. Find an awesome dresss that fits you just the right way and I'm sure you'll rock it! You will be making girls feel better about themselves just like those girls before did for you!
hcred123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:33 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

I think you're doing a fantastic thing! I can, of course, understand why you are uncomfortable with it. I also held myself back from joining in on many activities in high school (and college) because I felt uncomfortable with my weight. I'm just now trying to break out of that habit, as it's severely restricting my ability to go out and be who I want to be. Don't wait until you are at your goal weight to live life. Be nervous about it, that's normal - but be proud and confident too! You never know who you may inspire.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Remember what it meant to you to see a larger girl in the show. Think about the message it will send to some other young girl if you are there looking great...or alternatively if the message is that you can only look great and be part of this if you are thin.

Too often we live our lives "when I lose weight." Meanwhile time is passing and so are our lives and opportunities.

I suspect that many of those size 8s are equally nervous because they don't think they look as good as you think they look.
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:37 PM   #5  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Go For IT.
You are lovely in your own right, and will be great.
(you knew coming here would get that response right? But we are not just saying it cause its right, but because you do rock. )
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:21 AM   #6  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Think of all the girls to whom YOU will give hope! It will be so worth it!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:22 AM   #7  
No description available.

Please do it! And we want pix!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote