Old 02-16-2009, 08:44 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default Losers and Friends February 16-22

Morning all!
So I was bad this weekend...and if I'm being honest I didn't even TRY to be good at all! Weddings are so bad for me lol. And I really paid the price yesterday....a 5 hour drive home hungover...horrible! Anyway....
We should be staying around the homefront for awhile now so I have to be POP until I go down south if I have any hope in reaching my goal! I have almost 6 weeks to go!
The last few weeks I haven't been eating all my exchanges during the week...and been going crazy on weekends. I remember when I got all my food in it was much easier to resist temptation so that's what I am working on this week...getting in all the servings, keeping up with the exercise and staying on track even on the weekend. Wish me luck! I am gonna need it...I probably gained like 5 lbs this past weekend...UGH!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:05 PM   #2  
Amy

Hey Kristin!

It's ok about this weekend, that's life! YOu have to remember that this is a lifestyle change too, not a DIET! If it's a diet, once you lose all your weight you'll gain it back when you start eatting like that again. Just brush yourself off and start again! It's oK!!

I am still feeling pretty crappy from this bronchitis. So, that sick weight was just that. I am back up this morning. I was very upset too at my w/i. I haven't been eatting much at all, yet I gained back the 4.5 pounds I lost last week. I know it's the antibiotics and the gatorade and all that, I am just really dissapointed. I just can't lost weight.

I am so depressed about it. I feel like giving up and eatting what I want and being happy. This obsessing about what I eat, working out, for what? 8 lbs in 5 weeks?? AHH!!! I am going crazy.

Doesn't help I had a fight with DH today and he left without saying goodbye. Him working so far away is killing me. It's just a bad day overall, sorry guys.

I will suck it up now and get on with my day!

Hope you guys are having a great day.
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:34 PM   #3  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. i had a dr appt today. my glucose test with it too. the results are suppose to be in around 3pm today, and i'm praying they come back good and that i don't have gestational diabetes. it would seriously suck if i did...because this baby loves anything and everything sweet.
and now my dr appts are every 2wks instead of once a month. boo. i don't see the point in going that often yet, but i suppose it's necessary.

anyways..not much going on with me. dh and i had a wonderful long weekend together. he had 1/2 of friday off and sat and sunday. it was great.

hope everyone had a good weekend.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:39 PM   #4  
WonderWoman

amy--sorry you're having such a rough start to your week. i pray that it gets better for you.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kristin, You'll do a bit better next time! Look at the process of losing weight and keeping it off as a continual learning journey. For me the only way I've found myself able to manage big drinking scenarios is to alternate regular drinks with club soda, which is basically just fizzy water with little or no calories. I found out that I tend to enjoy myself just as much if not more, and the next day I feel good instead of trashed.

Amy, It is probably the gatoraide causing you to retain a bit of fluids. That stuff has sodium in it. 8 pounds in 5 weeks is making good progress! You CAN do this, you ARE doing it, and going and eating is not going to make you feel good for long... I've finally decided that food is a really bad friend to me. I thought for years it was my comfort and my joy, but that part of eating is short lived, and the guilt and the feeling bad about myself because I ate lasts longer than the comfort of eating ever did.

I had a less than stellar weekend myself. I didn't do horrible, but I was not quite POP. Too much on the portions of wine and those really tasty spanish almonds... Love those things... too easy to eat double what I'm allowed.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6

Amy, sorry to hear you're having a tough day. Read your first paragraph, your advice to me....and apply that to yourself. It's life, sometimes we get sick and our bodies play many tricks on us then. It's all a journey. 8 pounds in 5 weeks is a perfectly good weight loss! Keep it up and that's 40 lbs in like 6 months! That's where you can be in 6 months...or you give up and where will you be in 6 months?
For some of us, it truly is hard to lose weight, we struggle more than some...even when our diet is great the weight just doesn't come off how it should...we have to work twice as hard and realize that it will be a struggle our whole lives. I think that's the difference between those that keep weight off and those who don't....they accept the fact it is a lifelong struggle...it sucks but that is what we gotta live with.....but when we succeed, the victory is that much sweeter right?
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:00 PM   #7  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey gang..

Just a quick hello.. Weekend was busy with both home stuff and work, and we don't get the holiday off, so I've been workin' away here..

Had a kind of "meh" weekend, but the week's off to a good start!

Be good y'all!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:37 PM   #8  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi Friends

I am still in Wisconsin, but we are leaving this evening. I had a great weekend eating wise.....I only had a few tiny little BLT's, and other than that, I was OP....and that is some feat being here at my mom and dad's.......and hanging out with my sister.....who is one of my bestest eating buddies. We both stayed OP....so we are feeling quite optimistic.

The bad news of my weekend is I crashed my car on the way to Wisconsin....about 20 miles from my mom's house. I had 4 of the kids and the puppy with me. It had started snowing, and we had slowed way down, to about 40 mph.......cars were flying by us, but I am a very cautious driver and there were a lot of cars crashed on the side of the road within just a few minutes of the snowfall.......anyway.........we were in the middle lane and on an overpass and either my back tires came loose, or my back passenger side tire blew out. It is hard to tell what exactly happened. Noone was hurt, thank goodness, but there were two other cars involved in the accident. We skidded, or slid into the left wall, and then did a 180 and ended up facing traffic in the far right lane. It was pretty scary. I am so thankful that noone was hurt, but I am also pretty bummed out cuz I was driving the car my DH's grandma just gave him. It was no fab. car or anything, but it was his grandparent's...and they took care of it so well that we will never get what it is worth from the insurance company. Also, DH loved the car, simply because it was theirs. So......now, we have to take my mom's car home......and who knows how we will get it back to them. It's all just a shame. Anyway..........we are ok, so that is really all that matters.

Jersey Amy........hang in there girl............tomorrow will look a bit brighter.....don't give in to that inner fat girl.

Jillian.......I hope you get good results from your blood glucose test. The only good thing about starting the every two week appointments is you know the baby will be here soon I know they really like to monitor your BP towards the end of your pregnancy....so even though it's a pain.......it surely can't hurt to go so often.

Kristen.............get right back OP....don't wait until tomorrow.......you CAN do this

Hi Dan and Barbara and anyone else I missed. I better go pack up my car........or my mom's car lol.....and let the good times roll
XOXO
P.S. I can't wait to WI tomorrow.........I think I will be rewarded for my good behavior
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Nicole, I'm so glad that no one was injured! That is awful. Good for you staying on plan anyway!
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:27 PM   #10  
WonderWoman

wow, nicole! sounds like quite the exciting weekend! glad to hear that everyone is ok..and you stayed on plan..you RULE! hope you have a safe drive back.

as for me and my glucose test today...i called and got my results and i passed! yay! they want your blood sugar levels to be 140 or lower 1hr after drinking this horrible drink, and mine were at 91. so happy! this baby really loves her sweets. i'm sure DH will be happy to hear that i passed too, so that way he won't have to put up with an angry, uncomfortable pregnant nightmare of a wife going through sugar withdrawls! ha.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:26 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/204/150

Height: 5' 10"

Smile

Morning everyone,

I've been MIA lately but quarter/year end is finally over. . .just in time to deal with W2 issues and then another quarter end! Oh well, at least the cycle is easy to predict.

I've fallen off the wagon with a resounding thud. I'm doing take off today and tomorrow in hopes of getting myself back on track in a big way. If I get back on plan I should be able to get to my goal weight by my birthday. Fingers crossed.

Krisitinx - I've been having the same problems too. It's so much food to get in.

Jersey - sorry to hear you're having a bad day! My mom has been dealing with a combo of the flu and bronchitis for the past few months - I hope you're feeling better soon!

JLem - glad to hear everything went well with your glucose test! Congrats!

Nicole - so happy to hear that no one was hurt (except the car)!

Hi Barbara and Dan!

Wish me luck getting through take off!
AngieH75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:36 AM   #12  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Good luck Angie!

Nicole- Wow, I am so sorry to hear about your accident. I am so glad that no one was hurt.

I have been in Jackpot, Nevada for a few days with DH, my parents, and sisters and their spouses. As usual, we had a blast. DH and I both really cleaned up on the blackjack tables, and he also did awesome in the poker room. Sadly, we are all back to the grind today. I am going to eat low carb today, because starting tomorrow, I am going to start a series of cleanses, starting with liver, then heavy metal, then kidney, then liver again. My body has gotten really toxic, and I have got to get serious about taking better care.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:39 AM   #13  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Hi everyone!

Well, my little boy is 3 years old! We had a great little pizza party for him last night. (And I had one piece of pizza too many as well as a cupcake I didnt need!!) I am so close to getting under 270 and everytime I do I screw up! But I am back on the wagon and ready to see 269!!!!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:52 AM   #14  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

I did it.......I lost a pound over the weekend. Whoohoooo.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:56 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Nicole - glad to hear everyone was ok - that is SCARY!

I signed up for a total fitness evaluation next monday to include body fat percentage... unfortunately it includes a crunches test, pushups, treadmill... sounds like a workout!

I'm also coming down with a cold or something, and I am retaining so much fluid I can see it in my arms and fingers! Didn't even want to get on the scale today... but I did anyway and was up 1.5lbs, I'm sure it is the fluids. Wierd because yesterday I hardly ate, the day before I threw up... who knows.
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote