View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 02:23 PM   #35
AAAA
Sports Goddess

S/C/G: 265/120.2

Height: 5'4"

Hello Ratkitten,

As a DS 'old-timer' (it's so hard for me to believe) I can help you out with some of your questions:

I've heard cheese is ok (I love cheese), but how about other milk products? Plain yogurt? Does the fat percent contribute to oily poops?

Obviously, cheese is great. My refrig. is stocked with it, cold cuts, sf choc. pudding, etc.

Other milk products, no problem....now. The first year many (if not most) become lactose intolerant. Thankfully, it leaves after the first year for most of us -- as it did for me. However, during that first year I ate lactaid milk & cheese & took OTC lactaid pills whenever I had any real milk or cheese. Plain yogurt is fine. You can also have it low or full fat, if you like. You can also have flavored yogurt as we don't count fat grams or calories we count sugar (in the beginning things should be <5 grams) and protein grams. As for the oily poops, it's so individual it's hard to say. I'd say in the main, yes, the more fat, the more my poops are orange. It doesn't really bother me b/c I'm used to it.

As a DSer, it'll prob. be easier for you if you're a grazer. Many DSers I know eat every 3-4 hours (or more) and meats, cheese, nuts are, obviously, the best things to graze on.

Looking forward to welcoming you to the Dark Side.

Pics

Last edited by AAAA : 02-16-2009 at 02:30 PM.
AAAA is offline   Reply With Quote