Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 07:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1198

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 02-16-2009, 07:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Morning, everyone! Do lots of you have the day off? More time for exercise, right?? Don't forget to log it in the exercise thread!! We can use EVERYONE'S help!

I don't have the day off, but I don't teach, either. I've got my gym time scheduled for this afternoon.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:52 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Good Monday Morning Everyone!

I ate to much over the weekend!! Hubby is going shopping today for me and has a list of healthy foods he is to buy. IT will be nice to have a stocked fridge again. We hadnt bought much since we lost everything due to the power outage.
today I will get my water in and do the 1 mile dvd with my little ones
Old 02-16-2009, 08:01 AM   #4  
Beth :]

S/C/G: 238/219/140

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies. :]

Where is everyone? It seems that everyone was busy having a good weekend to post! That's good then, and I was busy too. (:
I had a great Valentine's Day!! Michael and I checked in at the Premier Inn and then we went to Frankie & Benny's for a meal. The food was well lush! I had a New York Chicken - which has a chicken fillet topped with bacon, cheese and BBQ sauce, with chips and a few onion rings on the side. Yummy!! For afters, I had a cinnamon waffle crunch topped with two scoops of ice-cream. (:

We were so full after the meal and we went around the shops in the retail park. I was well happy because I bought a size 20 skinny jeans, instead of size 22! I also bought size 18/20 vest and cropped jumper. I found a nice light coat and I thought that I should get it in a size 22 because it looked like it would be tight on me but Michael kept nagging me to try the size 20 first so I did just to shut him up, and shock horror, it actually fitted!! Best of all, the clothes I bought were from Dorothy Perkins, which is usually known to cater for skinny ladies!

After a busy few hours of shopping, we went to the supermarket, Morrisons, which was next to the Premier Inn. As a treat, I decided to junk out on a few chocolate so I got a box of Smarties and a bag of Galaxy mini eggs, to share with Michael when he had his own sweets. I didn't eat a lot that night but it felt like I had been eating for ten years! I didn't sleep too well because of the food I had and it was causing the IBS to kick up. Good grief, I felt like a fat human dustbin! I have been eating healthily for nearly two months so I guess my body wasn't used to the junk I ate.

This morning, I had the shock of my life when I stepped on the scales to discover that I have lost 2 lbs!! I honestly thought that after all the food I had over the weekend, I would gain a few lbs or at least no weight change. However, I am going to work extra hard this week because I still feel like a human dustbin so I need to 'detoxise' my body. (:

Luan
Yep, I am Ammi's daughter, Beth! :]

Sorry for blabbering on about myself!

Beth
xx
Old 02-16-2009, 09:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning Ladies..

Although it is a holiday, we have to work. Good thing is there will be less traffic on the road!!! I had a candle show at my house last night. Everyone I invited showed up!! I was so happy to see my friends and my family. The "candle lady" made the comment that my family was the funniest she ever did a show for and that it was a easy party cause they are so outgoing. ahh makes my heart warm.

Hope everyone is ok..anyone heard from Zelma??? Is she near those aweful fires in Austrailia??? Prayers to all those there!

toodles
Old 02-16-2009, 10:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Hello,

I don't work so just another day for me here. I have laundry to do and cleaning. The kids have school off even though we homeschool for now. I'm planning to go to the gym this afternoon. I LOVE CURVES and can't wait to go this afternoon. Not much to write this morning. Will check in later and do replies.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

I’m glad to see that for the majority, it was a good weekend! I spent most of the weekend still feeling ill. I thought I was over it, but apparently not. I finished up all my homework, and spent the evenings, gaming with Sims 2. Heh. Every once in a while, I get addicted to that game.

We’ll be having our Valentine’s Day celebration this weekend.

The past two days, I have been off plan a bit, due to being ill. It seems to be completely gone now, so I can get back on track today. I weighed in, and I gained. I wasn’t surprised. Hopefully, it’s water weight for the most part. Changing my ticker anyhow, because I did the ‘crime’, lol. (351.4 lbs, so I gained 3 lbs).

I’m going to grab a quick snack of a yogurt, and head to the gym. Have a great Monday, ladies!!

Beth – Sounds like a great weekend! And congrats on those amazing non-scale victories! Buying smaller clothes feels AMAZING, eh? That’s my favorite part of losing weight!! Keep up the amazing work!
Old 02-16-2009, 12:20 PM   #8  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Just back from the gym. Yesterday I was feeling blue but today I am seeing red. I know I can lose this weight. Just not going to allow myself to be distracted. I just came back from the gym. Going to have a green salad with egg on top for protein. Drink some water. I did 10 min cardio then weights then another 10 min cardio. Anybody have any input as to weather short burst of cardio are better than a full long strech? I have heard that short and intense is as effective as long and not so intense.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Default Blc

Good mornin' Ladies,
Results are in!
Old 02-16-2009, 12:48 PM   #10  

Height: 5'7"

I dont feel like i should be the biggest loser of the week. I just lost .8 over what i gained the week before.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

Good afternoon everyone, hope your weekend went well. My daughter April (who is also rainlady in the alternachicks thread) performed with the Jackson Symphony on Saturday evening. The youth orchestra did a side by side concert with the adult symphony and it was awesome. Five years of hard work to get to this point but it's been worth it. My other daughter Brittany enjoyed her first official date on Valentines night and that went very well. He's a good guy who doesn't put up with her crap, I like him ALOT!! As for myself, I'm getting back to excercising after a crazy week but I WILL make my goal of 2000 minutes for the month, I'll be working like a dog but I WILL do it.

Baz xo-Congrats on your shopping trip, that's an awesome feeling. But you've been walking like a bandit so you've earned every second of it!! Enjoy.

Heather-thanks for the positive attitude you bring consistently about the excercise thread, it helps more than you'll ever know.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Helloooo everyone.

Weekend had a few bumps, but I did not do any emotional or overeating. I had gained back some weight, just about 4 pounds, this was discovered last week. I was really upset by the weight gain, but now I'm back on track. Exercising, eating right, and have gotten down to 278 Hopefully this means my plateau is over and I'll continue to loose.

I'm fixing to go eat a salad, very hungry at the moment. I hope everyone is well. The week looks like it will be interesting for me. Busy with this and that!

Old 02-16-2009, 04:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Hi All,

Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days. I went out on Friday, shopping and the such which took up a lot of time and had me too tired to concentrate on posting. I just veged out on FaceBook lol. Saturday of course was Valentines day. We had a lovely day, and had a romantic evening having a picnic on the bed lol. I made some great choices, low fat tuna pate, low fat prawn cocktail and some ham,all with organic french bread. The only naughty stuff I had were some belgian chocolates. I even chose a low fat dessert, all very tasty and not too fattening.

I obviously did well, because with that and dieting and exercise last week I lost 8 lbs. Woohoo, yay me. I'm back on track and loving it.

I best run now, sorry no time for personals. Take care all and I'll write again tomorrow.

Hugs,

Ammi

Last edited by AmmiUK; 02-16-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:38 PM   #14  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

So chickies...Whats the goal for this week? Anything you need to adjust-tweek to make it more successful?

Me - 1) got my food journal out! Opened it and writing down all intake.
2) Made 3 dates with myself to get to the gym.
3) Have my grocery list all ready for shopping on plan.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:18 AM   #15  
Maintenance May 2011

S/C/G: 312/149/150

Hi ladies! I'm a new member here and just wanted to say hello. I started my diet late last year and have been doing fairly well. I'm using the South Beach diet right now.

I'm very happy to find a 300+ group. It's very hard to talk about certain things and the frustration of having so much to lose sometimes on boards where many have much less to lose. Hope that made sense! LOL

Anyways, I look forward to getting to know you all better.
Closed Thread