Old 02-15-2009, 09:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 384/ /180

Height: 5'3

Exclamation New Here and on a MISSION to overcome the "BATTLE OF THE BULGE" before my wedding...

Hi Everyone! My name is Amanda, and I am starting my life long journey to being healthy and happy. For some motivation, my fiancee and I have set our wedding date for December 19, 2009. My starting weight in January was 363, and i am hoping to lose as much as I can, while doing it the healthy way before my wedding. I have always said that I am going to finally lose the weight for good, but this time is different. I am getting married and I want a family of my own. At this weight, it would be very difficult to have children. I have been overweight all my life, and i want so bad to be able to feel good about myself and have the confidence that i need to face the world and not try and hide behind things. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or tips on how to stay motivated on this long and worth while journey......

Thanks!!
Amanda
Joyathrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:10 PM   #2  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Good luck! You'll find a lot of good advice that you need here. The ladies are excellent
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:31 PM   #3  

Welcome!!

You'll find a lot of support on the weekly threads. Many people don't like to post on random threads because sometimes they are answered by people not in the 300+ club.

Just hop right in and don't worry about personals.

And congrats! on your impending wedding!

Hugs,
Ratkitten

Last edited by Ratkitten; 02-15-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Ratkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:46 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

You have found an excellent resource to help you on this journey! Come back often, I can't wait to get to know you better and see pictures of the WEDDING!!! You will be beautiful!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:51 AM   #5  
Happy Vegan

S/C/G: 318.5/Ticker/155

Height: 5.8"

Hello!

Im sure you can loose the weight! Just think of the dress youre going to wear!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Ohhh Im so jealous, Ive been married nearly 2 years and could do it all again!
SuomiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 280/256/234

Height: 5ft 2inches

Welcome! Are you following a food plan like low carb, South Beach, Wieght Watchers or calorie counting? A good place to start is jounaling your food, that is where you write down everything you put in your mouth from gum to tacos. Many people on this site journal thier food, you can do it with paper and pencil or online at a site like Daily Plate.

What have you done in the past to lose weight? Some times it helps to look at what worked before and what you struggled with. Everyone is different so a big part of successful wieght loss seems to be trial and error. I am doing baby steps by intorducing a good habit or lossing a bad habit. I stop drinking soda, and started eating atleast 5 fruits and veggies a day, I try to eat whole grains and brown rice. I am really struggling with exercise but my goal is to work out 5 days a week. Right now I a doing one day a week of dedicated exersize plus parking at the end of the parking lot and trying to get more movment into everything I do.

This site is a great place to get encouragment and ideas. Good Luck!
5aday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:00 PM   #7  

Smile Thanks so much for the Encouragement!

Wow! I am so excited to start this journey. Everyone seems to be so friendly here! I am hoping to start exercising again very soon. I have been sick for 3 weeks now with a respiratory virus which has prevented me from doing any cardio. The worst part is, I have been on steroids to help get rid of the virus which has made me gain 4 lbs!! It made me so mad today when I got on that scale. The second my Dr. gives me the green light to start working out again, I am going to be full speed ahead. Has anyone here tried the Biggest Loser workout DVD's?? I love mine! They kick my butt!
Old 02-17-2009, 09:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Hey! Welcome, welcome! It is an exciting journey and you are doing great with your weight loss. Sorry to hear you've been sick, but it is good your Doctor gave you the green light to workout again.

Welcome! *hugs*
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:56 AM   #9  
started 1/28/08

And congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

I think it is very motivating to have a very clear image of where you want to be (maybe a goal weight or size for your wedding), and a very clear idea as to what you need to do to get there (eating and exercise plan) . . . and then just do it, taking it one day at a time.
Merksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:34 PM   #10  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi there. Welcome to 3FC! I'm glad you are giving yourself some substantial time to get into shape...BUT... Is your goal to get to 180 by 12/19/09? That is some pretty serious weight loss. That's 173 pounds in 10 months. Hopefully that is your final goal, not your wedding goal.

What is your plan? Are you counting calories? points? carbs?

Last edited by Lori Bell; 02-18-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:29 PM   #11  

Oh goodness no...Thats my long term weight. I dont really know what I want to be at for the wedding. I just want to lose what I can in A healthy way before the wedding
Old 02-18-2009, 09:47 PM   #12  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Oh good! You probably can get down quite a bit in 10 months with total dedication though! But...then there is the wedding dress thing. Will you have a seamstress who will be able to make final alterations in the weeks before the wedding?
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote