Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-14-2009, 01:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/Ticker/130

Height: 5' 5.5", age 59

Default Will someone help me

Eat a cheesecake!

I cleaned my freezer and fridge and found some items that needed to be used up, and the only thing I could think of using them for all at once was a cheesecake. So I made one yesterday.

Anyway...I was so proud of myself, because I didn't lick a single beater or spatula or bowl, and the whole thing is sitting on my counter now, waiting to be sliced and frozen. I have to decide if I want 12 slices at 280 calories each, or 16 at 210 each. The slices are pretty tiny at 16, so I may go with 12. I won't have a piece every day, just now and then as a special treat.

Please tell me you've done something like this and not scarfed the whole thing down once you started eating it. I'm kind of afraid to have the first slice. Cheesecake is one of my weaknesses.
recidivist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:12 PM   #2  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Got a neighbor that could benefit from a Valentine's Cheesecake? Or Co-workers?
Slice it in 12s, freeze one or two pieces for yourself, and get rid of the rest!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:22 PM   #3  
Cie
Maintainer

S/C/G: 240/129/130

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up

I did the same except for my birthday. I love cheesecake but love being thin more so froze it into pieces and ate them gradually over a couple of months. This was during my losing phase so it taught me that food was delicious but can be left alone and that I did not need to fear my self. Only you know how vulnerable you are to binges and can make a good decision.
Cie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:47 PM   #4  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Why not make them into bite size cubes and freeze them? Then you can have two everyday!
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:24 PM   #5  

mn,jhjjhgfutlp59qq

WOOOPS...VACUUMING MY KEYBOARD!

Last edited by recidivist; 02-14-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:52 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannette311 View Post
Why not make them into bite size cubes and freeze them? Then you can have two everyday!
It's a good idea. Follow it and you can have you fav foods everyday .
Sofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I'm no help - I would have to get rid of it immediately! Gift or trash. I love the idea of freezing into yummy single serve snack portions. That's genius. You could have it with a little chocolate one night, a little caramel another night, a little fruit compote...a different cheesecake dessert each time!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 02:16 PM   #8  

I had my first slice last night, and it's so soft I don't know if I can successfully freeze it without just scooping it into tubs like icecream. I didn't really follow a recipe...I modified it to use what I had and messed up by adding yogurt in place of sour cream, when the sour cream was supposed to be a topping, not mixed into the cake. But it is delicious and light and fluffy (not a heavy dense cheesecake). The best part was that it was so filling, I didn't even want more than one slice...I was so satiated. In my binge mode, I could have eaten half the cake or more in one day. Normally at the end of the day now, I'm not hungry, but I'm not feeling "full" either. Last night I felt full for the first time in months. Just from one small slice of dessert after my normal meal.

I don't want to eat it every day, as I don't want my body to get used to expecting fat and sugar treats every day. But I'm really relieved to know I'm not all that tempted to eat the whole thing. My need to binge is really under control right now...and it seems the more control I use every day, the more I have, as I am so encouraged by being so empowered.

I do need to get it into the freezer today though...every time I open the fridge it's staring me in the face and taunting me.

Last edited by recidivist; 02-15-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Pitch it.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:07 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Ahh! Give it away!!! Throw it away!!! If you're anything like me, that one piece "as a special treat" will turn into several pieces as a meal each day. Cheesecake is dangerous, because it ends up making you more hungry afterward, and is high in calories.

Last edited by kelly315; 02-15-2009 at 03:07 PM.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:08 PM   #11  

Nope...Glory, the good part is that I don't need to pitch it. I get to enjoy it because I am in control.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

Good for you, recidivist! I vote for 16 slices, but bulk the slices up with strawberries/blueberries/raspberries so it feels like a big treat for relatively little. We don't have to be perfect all the time

Sometimes I make a little pan of "brownies" with very little sugar and very bitter chocolate. Tiny slices of it go a long way with frozen fat free cool whip and microwaved strawberries. Yummy.
tkm256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:53 PM   #13  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Cheese cake is one of my true weaknesses, especially the rich baked ones with a cookie or graham cracker crust...24 oz. cream cheese, 4 eggs...oh the thought of it makes me weak...LOL There is no way I can stay away from one. The only time I can make one is if I'm having a dinner party or holiday meal where I know that the majority of it will be eaten and/or sent home with guests.

You are one tough cookie if you can live "on plan" knowing there are 11 slices of cheese cake in your freezer!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:09 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

I am one of the ones that would have to pitch it or gift it. I mean why put yourself through the extra stress of figuring out what to do with something that is so calorie laden? LOL!

ESPECIALLY since you have been doing so great on your diet so far?

You have done great so far, lost 26 and have 58 more to lose... you are smack dab in the middle of the game! Is now the time to start compromising?

I may be wrong but I get the feeling that you already had a mind to keep the cheese cake and eat the whole thing before you posted.

What are you looking for? Support or permission to eat it?

Toss it ... you don't need it!

Or eat it and it'll just take you that much longer to lose the remaning weight you want to lose.

AND... if I lived next door to you I would happily volunteer to eat one slice to help you get rid of it because I LOVE cheesecake especially with graham cracker crust! MMMMMMMM

Last edited by flatiron; 02-15-2009 at 06:09 PM.
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:26 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by recidivist View Post
I had my first slice last night, and it's so soft I don't know if I can successfully freeze it without just scooping it into tubs like icecream.
If you really wanted slices, maybe you could freeze it whole (in its current pan/container), then slice it up and repackage it?

It sounds really yummy and that's so great that you have such control in this situation!
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote