Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 02-15-2009, 01:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 323/203/140

Height: 5'1

Default Exercise

Hi again! It's been 3 months since I've had my RNY now. I've been super busy with work and school. I've been meaning to get to the gym, but it's just so hard to do sometimes.

What did/do you guys do when you couldn't make it? Are there any favorite exercises you would do at home?

I've been doing alright in every area but exercise - I haven't done NEARLY enough since my surgery and it's killing me!
jonesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:49 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Walk away the pounds is a good and short place to start
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240

Height: 5'2"

You can always dance to your favorite music for an hour! I usually put my mp3 on and walk around the house dancing here and there ^_^
Kainu1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Hey Jonesk: Wow, does it seem like three months? Are things becoming routine? Hope things are going well.

I'm an old beat up dog and have a 4 y/o GD so it is hard for me to get out and walk. I do the same as KO "Walk Away the Pound" and throw in some dancing steps, well what I call dancing. I'm inheriting an eliptical from my DD this week so hoping that will help. I have an old Jane Fonda exercise VHS that you use with a stepper and I do that. (Told you I was old!)

Good luck to you. This exercise seems to be the hardest thing for me to do on a regular basis. My doctor told me at the very last visit, that he believes small frequent meals and exercise is the key to not regaining your weight. Got one part down!!!!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 323/203/140

Height: 5'1

I have been having some better luck getting to the gym the past few days, thankfully! But I think the part I'm worried about is strength training. I'm worried about losing a lot of muscle mass. I mean, I know some muscle loss is inevitable, but I'd like to keep as much as I can. And hopefully end up with less droopy skin.

No, it really doesn't seem like 3 months haha. I'm down 60+ and they say I should lose another 60 by June. It's really exciting to me... I graduate in June! 120 lbs... I just can't believe it. I'm just so glad I was able to go through this. It's been very very difficult, but wow, so incredibly worth it. I'm finally becoming the "me" I always felt I was.
jonesk is offline   Reply With Quote