Old 02-02-2009, 03:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Walk Awy the Pounds - February Daily Check I

Hey Gang

I am doing my very best to get over this cold and get back on track and will post my miles as soon as I feel up to doing them....

Just wanted to pop in and start the February thread!

hope everybody has a great day!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #2  

P.S. I canNOT believe it is already february

P.S.S. Sorry the thread title is missing an "N" after the I - duh - too much cold medicine. if anybody knows how to fix the title please be my quest ;-)

Last edited by cathyxxx; 02-02-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:08 PM   #3  

hey? where's all our walkers???
i'm walking tomorrow morning....no matter what!!!!
Old 02-04-2009, 06:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/264/120

Height: 5ft.3

Hi, ladies! New walker kid on the block. I was actually looking for info on walking, as I have been walking (literally, in the streets) for fitness purposes for quite a long time. But now I have the videos and... wondering what to do with them. I first got the 4-mile challenge, and though it was quite strenuous workout, I managed to do it. Then I got the others (apart from the 5 mile). What would your advice be - how do I start? Go back to the beginning, and do 1 and 2? Or alternate? And how often? How did you get YOUR best results with it? Sorry about the many questions...
Good luck with your plans!
fractal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 166/146/135

Height: 5' 4"

I also am new to the forum. I bought Leslie's 1 & 2 mile walk diet, then I found her WATP book at my local library. She has a great 6 week plan in there and adds strength training along the way.
darindkny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:04 PM   #6  

Hey gang

Well "no matter what" happened yesterday morning and I did NOT walk like I said I would I've been having trouble with 2 teeth and I woke up with my head and mouth pounding and my jaw was swollen! I knew there was just no way I could move with Leslie and survive it.

But I just got back from walking 2 miles at the park during lunch. The sun is shining and it's about 60 degrees and I really needed the walk and the sun. I may need to do more outside walking since all I've been doing is walking with Leslie, but anyway, I got in 2 miles today

Where are all our regular walkers?

Fractal and Darin - WELCOME - it's great to have y'all here and walking with Leslie and us! we hope you'll post your miles and progress with us.

Fractal - you may just have to play around with your routine and see what works best for you - but I'm thinking if you can do the 4 mile workout then to do that when you can. Like maybe do the 4 mile one day and then the 2 mile the next. I have most of Leslie's dvds bec I need some variety so I like to alternate dvds. I cannot do the same dvd over and over day in and day out - so I would think you would do better to mix them up too but that is just me. Let us know what you're doing and how it's going.

Hope everybody is having a great day!
hugs,
Cathy
Old 02-06-2009, 09:48 PM   #7  

I got one mile in yesterday - hard to work an exercise video in with a sick child. He is feeling better today and I did the two mile crosstrainer. This was my first time doing one of her videos with strength training and I really liked it, but it really kicked my butt! Whew! I thought I was doing good until today, but I will keep at it and it will get easier. I love my library! I was able to order 6 of her videos through inter-library loan, so I can figure out what I want to buy.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:17 PM   #8  

Hey Gang

I did not get up at 5 this morning and it is raining so I went to the mall during lunch and walked 45 minutes = 3 miles and I sure do feel better!

Where are all our walkers??? there can only be one slacker at a time and that has been me so where's the rest of our gang? I hope everybody isn't dealing with bugs and flu and colds and junk!!!

Darindkny - you are so right it's hard to work in exercise with a sick kid or if anybody in your house is sick. CONGRATS on getting in a mile! I say it should count for double under those circumstances I sure hope your little one gets better!!! and that's awesome about the library!

hugs,
cathy
Old 02-09-2009, 05:22 PM   #9  
Weight Watchers!

S/C/G: 221/ticker/175

Height: 5'

Hi I am new to this thread. I started WATP back in Nov and then in Jan I started the C25k. So today was an off day so I popped in my 4 mile walk. I was so happy with my progress, it was almost mile 2 before I even was feeling it. So it gets to mile 3 and my dvd stops. I guess I used it too much in the past.
So I only got 2 miles in today but I am happy with the progress I have made. When I first started out I barely made it through 1 mile now I am sad that I did not get my 4 mile walk.

I guess I will be buying a replacement video. I just love these things.
eviemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:05 PM   #10  

Eviemc, Sorry to hear about your dvd and I know what you mean about getting the miles in. I usually walk outside, but I am not a cold lover, so all winter, I walked on my treadmill until I found WATP. Now I can walk inside anytime I feel like and it's not boring (unlike my treadmill)! Yesterday, the sun was shining and it was about 32F outside, so I tried to walk. Took about 20 minutes for me to get to an open area and I hit the wind chill, that was enough. I finally got a mile in with Leslie yesterday evening. Thanks Cathyxxx, my son is better. He did the mile with me yesterday. My plan is to get at least 1 mile in every day this week and to make at least one of those miles a strength training one.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #11  

Hey Gang

I walked 30 minutes at the mall during lunch again today = 2 miles

Old 02-10-2009, 03:45 PM   #12  
Weight Watchers!

S/C/G: 221/ticker/175

Height: 5'

darindkny-wow 32F today is 70F for me. I took my walk outside today as well, it is all about changing the routine for me. It works for my body and my mind. I got in 1.5 miles today in 25 mins in my hilly neighborhood. I love walking outside, I add a few inter. of jogging as well.

I am planning on getting a new dvd but I saw the walkblaster and I am very interested in it.
eviemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:04 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies!

Hope you guys are doing well...

So here's how Jan panned out--I did 29 miles. I'm bummed that I was two miles short of my goal. But I've made up for it already. So far, for this month, I've done 14 miles
blackdove95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:41 PM   #14  

Hey gang

I walked 2 miles at the park during lunch

Blackdove - I think 29 miles for January is AWESOME and you are already half way there again on the 10th of the month! WOW you go girl :-)

Evie - that's awesome to get some walking done outside. I also needed some fresh air today. Actually, it feels like spring here today in LA and I enjoyed every minute of my walk.

hugs,
Cathy
Old 02-14-2009, 06:56 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5'4"

Thanks, cathy! Go you with your two miles and great support.

So far, the count is 19 miles for Feb I just feel weird doing anything less than a mile a day. If I happen to not do something one day, I'll make up for it the next day with two or three.

Hope you all feel loved today! ♥
blackdove95 is offline   Reply With Quote