Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 11:10 PM   #1  
missaprylj

Default Self-Control

Wow... you know what I've realized? I'd lose twice as much weight twice as fast if I had any self-control. It seems like if it's there, or in front of me, you guessed it... I'll eat it. I'm REALLY trying to work on this now! Grrr! I WILL get better at it. :S: I want to be so good that I can leave 1/2 a plate of food if I'm full, LOL! Does anyone else have/had this problem? Any tips, ideas suggestions? Have a great week, everyone! Peace. -Apryl

Old 09-18-2002, 06:53 AM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Apryl....this is where watching your portion sizes is going to help you. I'm like you - I can eat everything you put in front of me! Really monitor your portion sizes, then don't go back for seconds. If you're at a restaurant, try and order a half-order of what you want. I have also become a big fan of Happy Meals...enough food to keep me satisified without going overboard, and a toy, too!

Hope it helps,
Old 09-18-2002, 08:18 AM   #3  
hot mom wanna be!

Oh I can relate to this one, big time!! I wish I had some great suggestions for you. The happy meal is a good one, or atleast ordering a regular burger not a Whopper, a small fries, not a med or large. Those calories saved over a week could easily result in a pound or two loss. I used to eat a whole Subway sub rationalizing that it was all veggies (but what about all that bread??) Eating a 6 inch cuts the cals in half. Diet Pepsi vs. regular Pepsi, things like that will add up. I also agree get a good serving of whatever you want at dinner and NO seconds. Pretend you are a Hollywood actress whose figure is her life. They would never go back for more, would they??
good luck!!
laura
Old 09-18-2002, 10:28 AM   #4  
Losin It For GOOD!

Apryl - I always measure out exactly how much I can have, so I CAN clean my plate. Then I ONLY have seconds of things like vegetables - but no meat or potatoes or high point things.

This has REALLY helped me. IF you aren't on WW I would suggest finding a meeting near you and seeing if they have their measuring set - its GREAT to help you with portion control!
Old 09-18-2002, 02:17 PM   #5  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I get the same way. I've lost 6 pounds since the last time I went to the dr's, but then I think how much I could've lost had I been "good". And it makes me mad. But then I remember I am human & am allowed to make mistakes.

BethAnne is right about the measuring--it's helped me immensely in the past. Also, "cheating" w/fruits & veggies is not so bad.
Old 09-18-2002, 02:25 PM   #6  

Oh, I'm the same way... put it in front of me & I will eat it!!! So, portion control works great for me. My trick (& it seems to work for me, although it seems weird) is to have eaten all my veggies & other low point side dishes by the time 1/2 of my main dish is gone. Then, I go back & get more veggies, etc., & finish eating my main dish with them. Sounds strange, but it helps me "think" I'm getting two servings of food. Another thing I've stopped doing is putting the food on the table with us. Instead, I leave it on the kitchen counter set up buffet style. This way I actually have to make an effort to get a second serving & usually talk myself out of it before I get up there
Old 09-18-2002, 08:16 PM   #7  
Old Cackler

you ladies are sooo smart!!! i love snowball's strategy!!!

just a couple more vagrant thoughts,

when you pack your lunch, make sure that you use containers that force you to control your portions, like those little half-cup ones.

when you have a choice of buying individual servings or a family size, go with the individual servings. yes, it's more expensive, but so are the larger-sized clothes!!!!
Closed Thread