Old 02-11-2009, 01:47 PM   #1  
returning to myself

Height: 5'6"

Default fiber question

I am up a lb from yesterday...I didn't do anything wrong....I am wondering if it could just be from the psylium I used yesterday? (I was so freakin hungry)

if it IS the psylium....then it's just water....it hasn't affected my ketosis at all.

has anyone else experienced this from fiber use?
iminhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:09 PM   #2  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I used to struggle to get in 25 grams, now I'm eating about 50 without even trying and if I don't drink TONS of water I get constipated and can pack on 3 lbs over night. especially if I eat black beans which I eat a lot of. I have been sick and (badly) haven't been drinking as much as I should and yet HAVE been eating LOTS of fiber. I had to take a laxative last night and I lost 3 lbs by morning...OMG!

make sure you drink plenty of water with fiber. I try and drink 96 oz since I'm eating so much but it doesn' always happen and when it doesn't, I feel the effects.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:16 PM   #3  
returning to myself

I did drink alot of water....but maybe not enough. I am going to get some magnesium today and that should help. I am hoping its just the fiber. 1 lb just seemed like alot for a little psyllium.

I'm on Stillmans Protein Plus, so I thought fiber might help me feel less hungry ...IT WORKED!! but now I guess I need to get rid of it...teehee.

Last edited by iminhere; 02-11-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:19 PM   #4  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

1 lb is no big deal it's a natural fluctuation. you can fluctuate a few lbs a day it's really annoying eh?

I can gain and lose quite a few lbs within' a few days of each other. I'm one of those annoying every day weighers so I have gotten used to seeing the flux.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:22 PM   #5  
returning to myself

yea...but I really squeezed that last pound out...took a few days.....then one day later ,VOILA! it's baa-aack!
Old 02-11-2009, 02:24 PM   #6  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

it could be the fiber... it could also just be normal fluctuations. I know that some people say that water intake's not that important but I find it absolutely vital! I drink a minimum of 3 L per day... most days four and I find it keeps things moving right along
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:03 PM   #7  
returning to myself

well the pound is gone...plus 2 ounces....not really sure why....