Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 11:49 PM   #1  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

Talking Oh good, a place where I'm 'normal'.

"Why do you consider yourself alternative and, if it has, how does this correlate with your previous lifestyle and present change?" Taken from the Bio thread that is closed.

I consider myself alterantive because I have just never felt the need to adhere to society's rules. Rules that are meant to make me the means to someone else's end. Sigh, of course I have been looked at cross-eyed for my many beliefs by others with whom I've shared, but I won't stop sharing! lol I don't feel the need to hide and pretend. I find it both comedic and sad that my lifestyle, career choices in the past and beliefs are considered 'alternative'. My 15 yo told me faceciously that he is pissed because his father and and I haven't provided him with anything to rebel against! lol ****, I am only 'me'.

It is very lonely for me as a mother at the age of 40 - especially strange considering the city in which I live. I thank the universe that I married my best friend (although there are many times I could kick him), but I need 'my girls'. I've tried, but women just have too many issues they want to put onto me. I have a bunch myself, but I keep them in a corral at home where I can play with then in private. lol So, without the release one can only get with good friends, my stress level gets out of control and following closely also my eating after dark. However, the winds of change are blowing over me - I'll still be 'me', but a healthier me! I look forward to getting to know and support all of YOU!

~Peace

Last edited by archychick; 01-30-2009 at 12:39 AM.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:18 AM   #2  
busty nerd

S/C/G: 210/206/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by archychick View Post
Why do you consider yourself alternative
because the mainstream is lay-hay-hame!
it annoys me that people can't understand why not everyone follows the same set of arbitrary rules that they can't even give any good reason for if asked ("but it's normal, everybody does it!" doesn't count).
that's about it!
Old 01-30-2009, 12:23 AM   #3  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome, archychick. We are indeed an eclectic mix of ladies; I think that's why the altenachicks are awesome.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:06 AM   #4  

Hi there! Actually I really feel like "alterna" people are the REAL silent majority.

I think there are a LOT of sad people who just go along with beliefs they don't really believe in because of pressure from family and society.

Like that guy who's in the news again -- the preacher who went through the "degaying" process that apparently didn't take (surprise, surprise.) Think of the facade that guy lived, and his wife too! And all the guys like him, and all the wives.

I do think that when you feel pressured to conform, you act out in unhealthy ways. And when you are living an honest, peaceful existence, you don't have that hole inside that you need to fill with ??? (drugs? sex? food?)

Anyway a rambling way to say....I RELATE! And let's hear it from all the alternachicks out there!
Old 02-07-2009, 04:33 PM   #5  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome!
Old 02-07-2009, 10:17 PM   #6  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Welcome.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 247/247/160

Height: 5'4"

My thoughts exactly to all the above posters. I was never raised to go wit the norm. Weather it be fashion, music or just my creativity my family always made it clear that i shoudln't just do what everyone else was doing just because. I follow that still at 30 years old. So I'm weird, so I'm a geek whatever I embrace that.
Amber
Old 02-10-2009, 12:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 210/164/140

Height: 5'8"

A late hello, but still sincere

I'm also a 40 year old alternachick (or maybe I should refer to myself as an alternahen?), married to my best/oldest friend. I have no kids (by choice), but I always figured that if I did, they would have to rebel by being cheerleaders or football team captains .

This is a great place to get support for finding the new you, and for finding the help you need when you fall off the wagon and need a boost back up!

BP
Old 02-10-2009, 07:30 AM   #9  
Laughing and Loving

S/C/G: 207/188/139

Height: 5'6"

Hello Ladies. I definetly bend the rules where I live. Everyone here is expected to be good church going christians who wear american eagle and conform to the norm. My favorite colors are black and pink and it shows a lot in my clothes! I study and live by buddhist and wicca philosophies, which makes me very different. I have always been an outcast and I love it! You meet real people who are tired of hiding and who are accepting and what to share. Via example you ladies! I throughly enjoy reading threads, but this is the first time I have posted due to my hectic schedule.

We aren't conformers we are alternachicks!

Love you all
Old 02-10-2009, 09:27 AM   #10  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

BoPeep: It's funny you should say that. My son said that he'll have to become a right-wing Christian Republican to rebel. I laughed and told him to watch the old sitcom, Family Ties. lol

Rainlady: Black, pink and steel blue are my faves. I went to a Catholic school as a child for 7 years (I'm agnostic now) and LOVED the color black in kindergarten which disturbed my teacher.

Viva L'alternachicks!

Last edited by archychick; 02-10-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 210/164/140

Height: 5'8"

We have a couple of good friends who met each other 15 years ago at a BDSM/fetish wear show. They have since mellowed, but are still very alternative. They now have a six year old daughter who is into all things pink and princessy! Frills, lace, poofy dresses, hair bows, the whole nine yards! She can't wait to grow up and 'get married'! And she is very mad at her mother for getting married in a short black dress instead of a white frilly thing. Her parents figure she must have been switched at birth

I must admit to being violently allergic to pink. I figure it comes from my mum's efforts to dress me up in pink frilly dresses when I was a young kid. Now I wear mostly black with some darker jewel tones here and there. I do like dresses and skirts a lot now, but they're not pink.

BP

Last edited by bopeep; 02-11-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:28 PM   #12  
Laughing and Loving

S/C/G: 207/188/139

Height: 5'6"

Talking

Thats pretty funny bopeep, sometimes things work out funny! Oh and I would be allergic to pink if I was traumatized too! Maybe that explains my cringes from light blues, somethings just not right about that color! I guess my mom got lucky/cursed. My nana told her that she hopes she had a daughter just like her! And volia! Here I am! I am her spitting image and I am like her in a lot of ways. A LOT, sometimes disturbing.

Archychick- Steel blue eh? Thats a really cool color to wear with black, but personally I think onyx's necklaces are freaking awesome though! Agnostic, hmmmm, what exactly is the dealio on your religion?
Old 02-10-2009, 08:34 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey archychick, welcome! I have been a member of 3FC for a long time but just barely started posting here. It's great here. I feel like I fit right in. I don't look "alternative" at all, but I feel it for sure. I guess I don't look it because I don't like attention - I like to blend right in and not be noticed - which is an issue in my weight loss as well. If I lose weight, I'll be noticed - and that scares me. I have issues.

Oh, and I love pink!
Old 02-10-2009, 09:07 PM   #14  

Hi Sunrose!! I have a black kitty too! And, I have issues too, LOL!

I also don't look too alterna, but have always felt it!

Bopeep that is funny that your alt-friend has a little princess. What I find with my friends is that if they really push the clouds-painted-on-the-ceiling Disney type thing in little kids, the kids end up VERY REBELLIOUS OF THAT!

So I would say my friend Gerri is the opposite of your situation, she moved way out to the burbs and was all about precious as soon as she had a baby, well, he's a great guy now (age 20) but hurls at his mom's taste (as I do inwardly) wears black (including eyeliner) and has eyebrow piercings etc.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:48 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 247/247/160

Height: 5'4"

It's so funny how kids can be so different from their parents. Or they WANT to be anyway. For example i had to rebel by listening to rap in my parents house because they liked rock, metal, new wave whatever just HATED rap.
I am one of the allergic to pink crowd. But lately I have reformed and am only allergic to pastel pink. Hot pink is fine. Pastels of any color make me cringe.
BoPeep that's funny about your friends. I have a couple of friends who are the same and i think their now 1 year old is gonna rebel bad. He seems to like rap music lol.
Closed Thread