Old 02-06-2009, 08:44 AM   #1  
In Onderland!!!!

S/C/G: 227/227/140

Height: 5'4

Default Disgusted with myself~

I had been doing sooo well and felt really proud! Then last October I sprained my ankle and could not walk so I thought I owed it to myself to cheat alittle (bad idea). After a few weeks I got back to it and lost the few pounds I had put on! Then 3 weeks ago, I dislocated my knee and have once again not been able to do much exercise so just started wrecklessly eating again!!! Now I am up 15 pounds and feel so ashamed of myself!! It's got me depressed and I can't get going!! I start out good in the morning and afternoon and then shoot it all down at dinner time! I have 1 more week before I can start back walking and I have got to get myself mentally where I was before! I blame it all on myself and take full responsibility but need some pepping up and moral support. I know I'm not the only one who has been here
wendymeows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

Things like this happen... remember, it is not falling down that hurts you, it is staying there. You have done so well... you took a break and now it is time to get back on the bandwagon. Good luck
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #3  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

last week i went through 4 days of doing good during the day then messing it up in the evening...then it was...eat everything in sight because tomorrow i'm going back on my diet...

it is hard to break that!

all you need is one good night...it is tonight!

get through today and tonight. You can do this. it is only one day. don't think about tomorrow. today is the only day you have to make it through without a binge.

just keep the eating under control for today...i bet you will have a whole new perspective tomorrow.

you can do this!
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:38 AM   #4  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

Wendy -

First off congrats on losing 70 pounds. That's fantastic. Secondly, you've already got a HUGE lead in the battle, you realize you've fallen down and WANT to get back up.

When I find I am in a pattern of doing great all day and then starting to blow it in the evening I make myself have a snack as soon as I get home from work. Something small, a boiled egg, a string cheese. I figure I can afford the 70 or 80 calories to hold me over until dinner is done more than I can afford to munch on junk. I also LOAD my plate with veggies lately and then have a tiny portion of the starch or more calorie dense food we're having. I dont feel left out at all. I decide which veggies we're having with dinner so I make sure it's something I like and then I eat alot of it. Like the other day it was frozen green beans, did you know I could have eaten the entire bad for like 125 calories. That's insane - that's also ALOT of green beans, so I didn't.

Sorry if I rambled.

You know how to do this - and you will.

Angie
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendymeows View Post
I had been doing sooo well and felt really proud! Then last October I sprained my ankle and could not walk so I thought I owed it to myself to cheat alittle (bad idea). After a few weeks I got back to it and lost the few pounds I had put on! Then 3 weeks ago, I dislocated my knee and have once again not been able to do much exercise so just started wrecklessly eating again!!! Now I am up 15 pounds and feel so ashamed of myself!! It's got me depressed and I can't get going!! I start out good in the morning and afternoon and then shoot it all down at dinner time! I have 1 more week before I can start back walking and I have got to get myself mentally where I was before! I blame it all on myself and take full responsibility but need some pepping up and moral support. I know I'm not the only one who has been here
to you wendy! Look at picture as a whole. You have lost 70 pounds!! SEVENTY! That is AMAZING! Losing weight is HARD.

Please don't be ashamed of yourself....you've done really great. Starting today, get back on plan. Above all else, look at how well you've done...know it's possible.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Quote:
I start out good in the morning and afternoon and then shoot it all down at dinner time!
you've identified your weak spot, which is the first part of the battle.

the next part is planning for it.

so you know you go downhill during the rest of the day. why? what are some of the things that can carry you through those weak moments?

~CGH~
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/See Ticker/150

Height: 5ft 4 inches

I am trying to pull myself out of a similar spiral. I have three stress fractures in my foot and I really hurt myself and stopped exercising. Then I started slacking on the food....then the GUILT! Did it stop me? NOoooooo!

Today, I made myself do 20 minutes of pilates. Its not cardio but I was moving. It helped.

You've lost 70 pounds! That is incredible! You are going to get back on track. You just took the scenic route for a little while. Okay, been there done that. You are going to be fine! We are all here to make sure of it!
irishsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:16 PM   #8  
returning to myself

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

you're not...I was just there myself...I gained back what I lost plus 20lbs. I thought my weight was as high as I would ever let it go...but apparently not.

I try not to shame myself cus it makes me feel bad and I need to feel motivated. the shame and the grief for time lost only fuel depression. I don't mean to sound like a Pollyanna...cus I'm surely not, but the shame makes me want to eat and lay in bed. so I slap myself on the wrist and start over. I put my scale where I see it every day and come to these boards.

you've done really well....I know you can do this!
iminhere is offline   Reply With Quote